1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] Snoopy/Dale PatchMod

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Mods and Files' started by Dale, Sep 29, 2008.

1. jaldaen

jaldaen Prince

Take your time and keep up the great work! ;)

2. Dale

Dale Deity

PatchMod 1.07 released!

Please update from the first post. :)

3. M70

M70 Chieftain

Hi Dale,
    any news for me ( and I suppose for other italian gamers )?
    I win the game 2 times and restarts ever from the same site is annoying!!!
    I know how hard you work to patch this game :king: ( damn fireaxis ) so take your time ( but no too long please...)
    Thanks in advice...

4. Zuul

Zuul Mod lister!

cool :).

"NEW * That bloody unit cycling bug has been found, squashed and celebrated!"
    Can I ask what it was?

Forgot to tell about a bug I found some weeks ago:
    If you get a goody hut that makes natives declared war in first 20 turns.

5. Dale

Dale Deity

In CvDLLPopup there was an incorrect parsed argument in a function call which caused the unit-cycling bug whenever you went to Europe screen and double-right clicked on a unit then left clicked a profession. :)

The goody hut native DoW should now be fixed as the 20-turn forced peace is ONLY for Euro v Euro. :)

6. nacc

nacc Chieftain

NEW * Prices in Europe are checked after each trade instead of only once per turn.

Someone explain this to me. What constitutes a trade? Does that mean every time you buy or sell an item, prices might change? I cant check it out for myself ATM.

7. Dale

Dale Deity

It means every time you drag-drop some good in Europe screen (either ship->sell or buy->ship). Prices update immediately if there's a change. :)

You will get a 'ding' everytime a price changes, but the notification appears on the main map.

8. nacc

nacc Chieftain

This creates an exploit. If you get a galeon full of silver, you can sell it in Europe, while the tax is still low. At revolutionary, normal speed, this should lower the balance price of silver 10 gold. Then you can buy-sell tools untill the price gets low enough. Then buy silver. Buy-sell tools again. Repeat. Wallstreat National Wonder indeed ;)

This can be easily fixed. You just need to make silver never revalue on purchase.

But I don't get this new feature. What's the point? Prices will shift at random while trading. If you want to make prices shift more often, then that's what you should do.

9. Dale

Dale Deity

In vanilla, prices are only evaluated once per turn. This means you could rack up a few galleons of silver, then sell in one turn at 10 gold, and then the price would crash to say 5 gold. The exploit was that you could sell as much in one turn without affecting prices. Now prices are evaluated after each item which cause a much smoother price movement. :)

10. nacc

nacc Chieftain

Price mechanics:
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=7390199

If I understand correctly, if I sell a full galleon of silver, the next evaluation, there's 30% chance price will drop by one. Sell another and there'll be 55 or 60% chance it'll drop by one (depending on whether it did drop last time). So this doesn't fix the problem, but helps somewhat.

edit: this is on Explorer dif. The chances on revolutionary are 50% and 95-100%. But the price can only change by 1 in any direction, whenever it evaluates.

So with low taxes, you can sell-buy to get infinite money. The easiest way to fix this is to raise the the buy-sell price difference. Right now it's 1. Anything above 4 should fix this. This also fixes the exploit where you buy and sell silver for very little cost to get trade points. Although trade points are easy enough to get as it is.

11. remiller66

remiller66 Chieftain

Alright, guys. I like the patchmod alot, but I do have a couple of issues. Maybe I am not something right. For one, when I go to Europe from the west side my ship does not come back to the west side, it always comes in from the east. I have not tried it the other way, yet. Second, I never get notification of a FF wanting to join my continental congress. I only get notification that a FF is no longer available to me.

12. Alrotha

Alrotha Chieftain

After you discover the Western access to Europe you will notice a 2nd icon on the Europe screen next to your ship. Mouse over both and you will see one sends you to the East and the other to the West. As far as FF opportunities maybe you are not aggressive enough in acquiring the needed points to have them offered.

13. Dale

Dale Deity

remiller head into the FF screen and you'll see your progress towards each category of FF. You can be accumulating heaps of trade, exploration, religion and military points but if you're not accumulating political points you won't get a single one. :)

14. nacc

nacc Chieftain

OK, since Dale misunderstood me (dunno must be the language barrier), I decided to use screencaps instead of words:

Balanced by PatchMod™

Attached Files:

15. Dale

Dale Deity

Thanks will check it out.

16. SerriaFox

SerriaFox King

I can once again load a galleon with treasure and other goods

was the intentional?

sorry wrong thread I'm playing AOD2

17. Dale

Dale Deity

Yeah, AoD2 drops treasure size to 2 berths. :)

18. nacc

nacc Chieftain

No fair! I want small size treasure, too!:cry: Cant you link treasure size and treasure value?

19. Dale

Dale Deity

Could, but that's pretty difficult too. I've got other priorities at the moment. :) Or you could just play AoD2. :p

20. M70

M70 Chieftain

Hi all
    I downloaded the version 1.07 and now it's all ok :goodjob:.
    Again thanks Dale/snoopy for the job ( I hope firaxis give you some royalties):king:
    Only a problem now my wife hate you....:mischief: