1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] Snoopy/Dale PatchMod

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Mods and Files' started by Dale, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Rirse

Rirse Warlord

Does anyone have a mirror of the patch, the site hosting it is currently down.

2. kaibayashi

kaibayashi Warlord

Should be back up now :)

3. ashley26ph2003

ashley26ph2003 Prince

Does this mod also in The AOD2 1.06 of Dale?

4. Gliese 581

Gliese 581 Your average civ junkie

I played around a bit with this and the rebalanced REF by uppi and I think the 20 turn limit of no war against AI should be doubled at least for normal speed and adjusted for game speed as well probably though I only play normal speed.
    I played up to turn 30 or so and a nearby opponent still brought no defensive units to his colony, I could've marched right in. This was on explorer difficulty.

Edit: Also, I'm wondering if you aren't nerfing the french a bit much with the changes to native converts. I don't see why a native convert would not be a good missionary. After all it's one of their own coming back to tell them of the white man's wonderful religion most of the time, they ought to be better able to relate to the indians if they've lived a time with the europeans before coming back than many european missionaries would, having learnt something from the new culture and with all the knowledge of the beliefs of the old culture that can help them convince their native peers.

5. The Rusty Gamer

The Rusty Gamer Prince

In the original Colonisation, some buildings could only be built after a certain population level.

How hard would it be to create a variable - ipopulationreq - for buildings.xml?

6. Dale

Dale Deity

The point of this change is that in absolutely no way, and in no concievable parallel universe would a Catholic Pope in this era allow a 'barbarian heretic' to act as a missionary. :)

7. Gliese 581

Gliese 581 Your average civ junkie

Perhaps not in an official fashion but if the convert came into contact with "traditional" indians he could be very convincing to them, there are different ways to convert someone after all. He might succeed much better than a missionary does in preaching incomprehensible babble about god this and god that by simply showing them he has good clothes a warm shelter and food for example, in the event they are nomads that had fallen on hard times.

Edit: I'll readily admit though that I'm more concerned with balance of game mechanics than historical accuracy and I like the fact that the french to me seems like the best faction in the second installment of the series instead of the dutch and english (if you don't factor the possible exploits that make Bolivar the champ into the equation).

8. koma13

koma13 King

Dale,

I'm working currently on that east/west issue in my Europe screen and I have some questions somehow related to setSailEast/West command. I looked into the CvUnit.cpp but I have zero knowledge in C++ (this is C++, right?) and I am not 100% sure I understand everything. As far I can see the destination plot (pBestPlot) depends on how many cities you have and where there are located. Now my questions:

- How that would make the destination plot random (if I don't found or lose any new cities)? :confused:

- I have a ship in europe, ship plot is on the east side of the map. Now I want to read the plot the ship would moved to if I'm setting ship to setSailWest.

Is there any way to read pBestPlot from inside Python without setting the ship to that plot? Or can I just do it like this:
    transport.setSailWest()
    transportBestPlotWest = transport.plot()
    transport.setSailEast()
    It seems to work but it sometimes mess up the cardinal direction of the ship
    (it points to the wrong direction when entering the new world).

- another question: If I want to send a ship from europe directly to a city in the new world I have to determine if the ship takes the east or west route. Right now I'm doing this by reading if a city is located on the left or right side of the map. This works nice in general but there could be some maps and city locations where that would not work very well (especially with the Faireweather script). Is there any way to calculate a path from Europe to the city instead and get the travel duration?

- last question: Is there any way to loop a video inside C4C? :)

9. oPlaiD

oPlaiD Chieftain

What was changed with map creation?

In most of the Standard sized maps I've started with PatchMod, half of the east side of the map doesn't have any Sail to Europe squares. Sometimes, Europeans spawn with only 2 StE squares anywhere near them! One time, there was only 12 squares on the east edge of the entire map.

That isn't necessarily a huge issue, but it ended up being a problem in some games I played.

One game I started in the north and was playing along happily until I bought a Galleon in Europe. I loaded it up with all the immigrants at the docks and sent it to the colonies. It spawned at the South Pole!

I reloaded an autosave and added one row of "Sail East" squares along the edge of the map to connect the bottom spot and the spot near me, and the same thing happened.

Needing to add an extra 10+ turns to sail north up the map when the Galleon could have just followed my Caravel back from Europe is pretty frustrating.

10. The Rusty Gamer

The Rusty Gamer Prince

In light of the upcoming offcial patch, will this become redundant? Are there still issues that an unofficial patch like this will have to address? And are Firaxis "stealing" some code and ideas from here?

11. Dale

Dale Deity

Hard to say till we see the full patch contents.

12. abj9562

abj9562 Warlord

Now that the 1.01f is out. We know that many things were addressed but the REF is still an issue with C4C. Will there be an update to this?

13. Dale

Dale Deity

No. I will only be supporting AoD.

14. abj9562

abj9562 Warlord

Well many will be sorry to hear that but AODII is better anyway. :)

15. Dale

Dale Deity

It's a pure matter of time. :)

16. General_Jah

General_Jah Chieftain

Dale what do you mean? I'm not sure I followed this last exchange :)

Also, in your opinion Dale what would be good settings to run your mod on in it's current state for a balanced challenge?

thanks

17. Jeckel

Jeckel Great Reverend

It seems they forgot to fix a few of the problems that we addressed in the PatchMod. For example, Treasures still only take a single Cargo Slot in the Galleons, don't know if this is still a problem in SDK or just XML, but it needs to be fixed. I haven't gone line for line between the fixes in PatchMod and the official Patch, but I'm sure there are more they missed.

No promises on when, but I will be putting out an update to PatchMod after I get these things fixed for myself. :king:

18. abj9562

abj9562 Warlord

Thanks Jeckel. I play both Vanilla and AOD II so a new patch will be good to have.

19. alphaq44

alphaq44 Chieftain

Hi, I was wondering how exactly you activate the east coast and west coast sailing? I tried to look for a button on the Europe screen and I could not find one. Do you have to use a compatible map or something?

20. The Rusty Gamer

The Rusty Gamer Prince

You have to have sailed to Europe via the eastern route at least once to activate both buttons.