[GS] Mod Status for Gathering Storm

CPWimmer

King
I have begun some quick testing of Mods that I commonly use. It looks like some of the modders are very active right now, so this is a fluid situation. Feel free to post updates on these or other Mods. I was trying to keep this separate from the GS General Impressions thread.

Already Marked as Compatible and appear to be working:
  • Map Tacks is working as expected and even shows icons for new improvements (wind farm, solar farm, etc.)
  • Sukritact's Simple UI Adjustments has been updated and I have seen no issues.
  • Real Great People (UI) *2/17 Update - has been updated and I have seen no issues.
  • Extended Diplomacy Ribbon *2/17 Update - Now compatible with GS; and includes new GS content (Diplo Favor/Grievances)
  • More Lenses - *2/24 Update - Now compatible with GS!
Dev has started work, and has stated that it is a Work In Progress:
  • Yet (not) Another Maps Pack - *2/15 Update - Now working with R&F and compatible with most GS features, I haven't tested it myself yet.
Not Marked as Compatible but only needs minor tweaks:
  • Free Camera (w/ Reduced Zoom Range) - Zoom itself is working as expected, but the in-game setup page for the mod isn't available
Tested, but not fully:
  • Gold Resource - I have started games with this, and had no crashes, but I haven't searched enough to see if Gold is actually being generated on the map.

Last edited:
Anyone try the city states start with walls mod? I feel like that’s always survived major changes in the past.

Why not try it yourself :p It is a mod that I feel is needed badly as the AI will mow over the city states rather quickly otherwise.

@Gedemon has been making constant progress on Yet (not) Another Maps Pack. I haven't had a chance to test it, but a lot of people on Steam are pointing out what is and isn't working as he goes.

Even though they were still listed as non-compatible last night, I had no issue using the Starting Scout and 8 Ages of Pace mods.

I'm working through all of mine but with over 90 mods it's a slog. I've updated the most popular ones already - Religion Expanded, Truly Abundant Resources, Better Coastal Cities and Water Tiles, and CIVITAS Resources. Other smaller ones are updated as well.

News: I got EDR working for GS after a lot of troubleshooting. Long story short: FXS had the brilliant idea of adding the World Congress button as if it were a new leader in the diplo ribbon... :crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye: ... round of applause!

With that said, I still need to update the code to make sure it also works for R&F and vanilla, as it is right now I think it will only work for GS, so I cannot update it yet in the workshop.

Quick show of hands: how many are still only in R&F or vanilla? Just to have an idea...

Firaxis, oh Firaxis... love-hate. :wallbash:

News: I got EDR working for GS after a lot of troubleshooting. Long story short: FXS had the brilliant idea of adding the World Congress button as if it were a new leader in the diplo ribbon... :crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye: ... round of applause!

With that said, I still need to update the code to make sure it also works for R&F and vanilla, as it is right now I think it will only work for GS, so I cannot update it yet in the workshop.

Quick show of hands: how many are still only in R&F or vanilla? Just to have an idea...

Firaxis, oh Firaxis... love-hate. :wallbash:

GS here. I have to imagine polling this forum will give more GS players than normal, though.

Extended Diplomacy Ribbon is up to date and running. Let me know if there is any problem, I didn't find any in my testing but you know, y'all are my beta testers, just like for Firaxis... :D

Extended Diplomacy Ribbon is up to date and running. Let me know if there is any problem, I didn't find any in my testing but you know, y'all are my beta testers, just like for Firaxis... :D
Re-enabled EDR back in my GS game. So far so good, with a whole 30 seconds of testing. :woohoo:
What could possible go wrong! ;)

Thanks!

Re-enabled EDR back in my GS game. So far so good, with a whole 30 seconds of testing. :woohoo:
What could possible go wrong! ;)

Thanks!

Just fixed a small bug that prevented vanilla compatibility, should not affect you but others that may have tried vanilla before this fix.

The TCS Free Walls for City-States mod still works even though it's not listed as compatible. Definitely nice to see the city-states actually able to survive - started a game yesterday before enabling the mod, and literally no city-states survived through the first 100 turns (well, at least none of the ones on my continent).

Mine (Quos Combined Tweaks) should now be comptabile thanks to tips from the community on how to repair the modinfo file so that it loads properly.

Good goody huts works even though listed incompatible. Starting builder/scout also works.

Does more natural beauty/wonders work? Also can’t wait for terra mirrabilis to be updated as it makes the natural wonders actually useful.

Top Bottom