1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Mod Status for Gathering Storm

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by CPWimmer, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am. Moderator

As is Chimpan'G + Deliverator's Terra Mirabilis. Suk mentioned needing updated SDK assets to get Fuji to erupt, but somehow Deliverator already managed to get his Krakatoa to work.
    I don't use ModBuddy much, as @Aristos said Notepad++ is a better/easier alternative for this. I've seen a few people also mention that for whatever reason adding the compatibility tag in ModBuddy is not working/sticking or something so you'll probably need to add it the old-fashioned way or use something like @raen 's tool.

2. Infixo

Infixo Deity

Updated ModBuddy should be released together with updated assets. That is what I understood from the live stream. Currently ModBuddy doesn’t support many features, including GameCoreInUse tag and compatibility info.
    I also don’t use it anymore (i don’t do graphics however, except icons, but they dont need artinfo).

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  3. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Deity

Ynamp with Giant Terra maps is working well atm with 24 civs and 30 CS.
    In fact, the game runs a lot faster than R&F on both a Win7 and Linux Mint machine.

The Maori started on ocean tile for me in the only game I have tried with them on Ynamp. Could be a fluke, of course.

4. Deliverator

Deliverator Graphical Hackificator

Steel & Thunder: Unique Units is now also updated for Gathering Storm with 9 new Unique Units (and 1 changed):
    Steam Link

conorbebe, isau, Ondolindë and 3 others like this.
  5. Abaxial

Abaxial King

Two that I use: Strategic Forts and Wider Starting View work fine with GS.

6. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Woohoo! I really enjoy how this mod differentiates the civs further. Thanks for all your work!

Deliverator likes this.
  7. OmegaDestroyer

OmegaDestroyer King

I have never tried this mod before but I'm going to now. Thanks!

Deliverator likes this.
  8. rlw33

rlw33 Warlord

9. Eva-kun

Eva-kun Chieftain

It's excellent. I'm surprised they rolled it out so quickly with new units.

Anyone else getting odd Builder lag while playing with mods recently?

10. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Emperor

This looks amazing @Deliverator. Truly great. I got more excited to play my next game with it. Thank you truly!

11. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

No wonder crashes so far?

Even with reduced settings, I eventually run into graphics issues on the giant maps now.

Ferocitus likes this.
  12. brewgod

brewgod Prince

Hello Civ GS Fans....where do you download the mods which are being written / created to the actual game. From this website or from Steam or from the game options screen?

Thanks

Brew God

13. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Steam. Some creators also post them on the creation and customization forum on this site, but I get them all on Steam. All you have to do is click subscribe and they automatically download. Then you can choose to enable or disable each of them in-game under additional content.

CPWimmer and rlw33 like this.
  14. BarbarianHunter

BarbarianHunter King

Have you (or anyone) tried colossal size (160x100)?

I want to play a ludicrous map (200x100) but the modder for YnAMP and community seem to be saying I'll run into crashes at some point. The modder for the colossal map in "Larger Map Sizes" has it listed as "Fully Compatible with Gathering Storm" and says the only issue is the reveal map when an earth satellite is launched.

15. agonistes

Yes, its what I'm using atm. Not had any issues at all.

BarbarianHunter likes this.
  16. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Super Moderator

YnAMP updated status
    Code:
    Volcanoes: Should now work on all maps, no Fissures on fixed maps yet. Naming is random (see also "Desert/Mountains naming")
    New Natural Wonders: added on all maps included in the base mode
    Rivers : Should now work on all maps
    Rising Water: Should now work on all maps
    CO² levels: Should now work on all maps
    Desert/Mountains naming: Should now work on all maps, but it's the game's random names based on the Civilization discovering the area. No simple way to change names based on their position for mods ATM.
    Maori Start Position: should start in Oceans on fixed maps or when TSL is not activated, could start either in water or land on Terra Map with TSL activated.
    And yes, the game is unstable for larger map size since the GS patch.

I'm curious if the 200 plots between 180x90 and 160x100 sizes make the difference in late game, let me know if you can end your's @agonistes, I'll lower YnAMP's "Giant" to 176x88 if that's the case.

17. agonistes

I'm out of town working atm, and my poor laptop is not the machine to test on.

I'll fire up an industrial giant earth and industrial colossal fri or sat, let you know, assuming nobody else has by then. Or I could just reveal I guess... but that might blow my computer up.

18. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

As of today, I suddenly get a bug where my game freezes when I encounter a new civilization. Well it doesn't happen with all civilizations, but now across three games, the second civ I meet make the game freeze up before the leader screen even shows. Anybody have this issue and know what mod can be the culprit? Haven't had that issue before since GS launch, but I do seem to recall it happening some time way back, possibly after RnF.