[MOD] The Authentic Colonization (TAC)

@Tigranes:

I don't want to hurt your feelings now. ;)

But

A) You are complaining about things missing.

The modders of TAC are only human, too.
They tried to give their best to improve the game step by step.

B) You might simply have a different taste / style of game play.

Slavery for example was explicitly not wanted by the team.
It is their mod and their choice to implement what they feel right.

C) TAC is end of life. The project (base mod) will stop after the next release.

Almost no more new features will be added.
Eventually some scenarios will arise.

D) Have you ever played a better mod for CivCol ?

If yes, then stick to that one.
If no, then be happy to have found TAC or create your own mod.

-----------------

To summarize:

1. It does not make sense to discuss about further features in TAC because the project will end.
2. Don't complain by telling TAC "You are not authentic ..." ;)
3. Many of your points will be improved in Religion and Revolution, which uses TAC as base.

-- Opinion of a former TAC team member --

Even in general, I don't understand where in the History do we see the race for independence? (...) Why should my English colony try to slow down independence of French colonies? How historical and "authentic" is that?
(...)
Why do the Kings never fight with each other? I would see it very authentic.
Tigranes, thank you for your criticism.

TAC is only a modification of an preexisting game, it's not a new game. We have improved Colonization, but we have not created a new game, and we haven't affirmed to do that. If you dislike essential features of colonization, that game could be the wrong one for you ... ;)

TAC was the best mod for Col I tried so far. For this very reason I was so disappointed to win that easy! It is very easy to say -- you don't like it -- don't play it. What if I like it very much, but want the end to be of the same quality as the rest of the game? I didn't even intend to criticize anything -- I just felt incredibly frustrated with the way mod handles the war of independence.

Things need to make sense, would you agree? I spent one week carefully micromanaging my affairs to get a strong army. Unlike other mods one can see King's army right away -- so one can plan better. But at the end my navy could win the war in 3 turns!

The main goal of the [Continental] navy was to intercept shipments of British matériel and generally disrupt British maritime commercial operations. Because of the lack of funding, manpower and resources, the initial fleet consisted of converted merchantmen, with exclusively-designed warships being built later in the conflict. Of the vessels that successfully made it to sea, their success was rare and the effort contributed little to the overall outcome of the rebellion.

I understand that TAC considered to be finished. Before the very last release can you simply fix one thing only: land the army without ships. King's ships are there to blockade, bombard and harass. Simply create units on any random shore tile with a colony's culture. The King can have visible Fleet of MoWs and invisible transports that handle the landing. This is the British Empire!

And please teach cannons to bombard defenses before they attack. That's all I ask. I can live without slaves :)

Hi everyone,

I don't think, that this would be better. Your settlers will be affected too, when they come to a colony. You will loose a round and nobody will understand this.
I see... Isn't that already the case? In vanilla, if I can recall correctly a unit that has moved can't enter a city...
But, if you don't want that to happen, the easiest thing to do is to forbid profession change if unit has attacked on this turn... Don't you think?

If your unit has left some movepoints (for example using streets), then you can change profession in a city.

Are costs and benefits for changing this in a good relationship?

Are costs and benefits for changing this in a good relationship?

So ok, we are talking about this, right ?

Unit cannot change profession, if it has attacked in the same round.

Efforts:
Minimal

Risks:
Probably Minimal
(UnitAIs should be checked)

Maybe ask koma, what he thinks about that. :thumbsup:

We are planing to change the war in the next/last version. Be patient.

I will try to :) Do you have any estimates when that final release might happen?

A question about AI independence, can it be stopped once started, by reducing her under 50%

Sorry, I am nor sure if I understand your question. :confused:

But if AI has declared Independence you can only stop AI from winning if:

A) AI looses War of Independence
B) You are faster with winning War of Independence

A question about AI independence, can it be stopped once started, by reducing her under 50%
Sorry, I don't understand. How is it possible to reduce the rebel sentiment of another nation?

Sorry, I don't understand. How is it possible to reduce the rebel sentiment of another nation?

by taking the city (or cities) where it has a lot of rebel sentiment?

How is tracked rebel sentiment? This is a value per city, a value per citizen?

You understood me right, I want to know how I can prevent an AI which has started independence to win before me... How can the AI loses the war of independence? I don't think the AI will really fight against its own King right (alas I would say, this was like that in Col 1994 right?)

I'd like to start off by saying this mod is amazing. Thank you so much for the hard work.

Could someone explain how the "Industrialisation" victory works? I'd really like to know because it sounds intriguing. Thanks!

I'd like to start off by saying this mod is amazing. Thank you so much for the hard work.
Thank you, dudekazoo! :)
How is tracked rebel sentiment? This is a value per city, a value per citizen?
Oh, that's very complicated. I have written a chapter for our German TAC wiki about the rebel sentiment. But sorry, at the moment I can't translate it, I have no time to do it.

I will ask other members of our project team to answer to this and the other questions. ;)

You understood me right, I want to know how I can prevent an AI which has started independence to win before me.

There are the two ways that raystuttgart already told:

But if AI has declared Independence you can only stop AI from winning if:

A) AI looses War of Independence
B) You are faster with winning War of Independence

Point A) means you have to declare war against the revolting AI. You will help the AI-King to win the war (you can bombard the AI defenses, sink their ships, attack their units on the map and in the cities). The AI must become too weak to kill all of their King's landunits. On this way you will win more time to prepare your own revolution.

Point B) would be possible - theoretically. In praxis it would be hard to be faster than the AI, because at a standard setting the AI will fight against a much smaller King's army than the human player's King's army. Also the AI in TAC is that way prepaired, that the AI is able to win the War of Independence.

How can the AI loses the war of independence? I don't think the AI will really fight against its own King right (alas I would say, this was like that in Col 1994 right?)

See above, the AI will have to fight and is able to win the war. (AI winning without fighting happend in Col 1994, I disliked this rule.)

This is not in vanilla Colonization/2008 right?

It is pretty much the same in Vanilla.
AI will also fight against the troops of its King during WOI.

Could someone explain how the "Industrialisation" victory works? I'd really like to know because it sounds intriguing. Thanks!

You have to produce an overflow of any goods, foods, bells or crosses of 5000 per turn. Then you will win. Goods/food your units or factories consume are not be counted, only the overflow.

Top Bottom