[mod] TOTAL REALISM 2.0

CTD. It finally happened to me too.:mad:

I'm in the late medieval era, recent techs discovered include civil service and paper. Moderate amont of war going on. Cannot advance. CTD evey time turn ends.:cry:

What email adress do I send the savefile to?

WarKirby

WarKirby said:
CTD. It finally happened to me too.:mad:

I'm in the late medieval era, recent techs discovered include civil service and paper. Moderate amont of war going on. Cannot advance. CTD evey time turn ends.:cry:

What email adress do I send the savefile to?

WarKirby

Welcome to the club :)
I had my 3rd CTD yesterday (Dont ask me why I thought the 2nd and 3rd game would end differently then the first :blush: )
So Ive given up now.
Dont think I ever got to research things like... nationalism, economics, the farthest I got was liberalism->Astronomy and ye, thats about it, CTD sometime after that.
So now Im waiting patiently for "the fix" :cry:

Hey Guys,

@Ok, to those with wierd problems, ($ailor) please make sure all the external mod components you were using before hand in the Custom Asset folder are deleted. This sort of error only happens because of that. Never forget you might get CTDs inside game, but if the game never starts and crashes instead, it is something wrong with your installation. Because other people are playing it. Unfortunatelly just an unsinstall won;t help, since the folders inside the documents and settings remain.

Regarding patch, some of the nasty stuff are now fixed. But we are still working on CTD. I need a chat with Mexico once he is back.

The warlords version is very far, but we still need to reapply all these changes there as well and do bug fixing. At this stage it is not tested even once. I am afraid that would take another 3 weekends.

HOumie

Houman,

I still not have CTD. :D Why ? Perharps because i had reinstall all before playing.... Strange...:confused:

And what do you say ? Three weeks to wait for Warlords :eek: .... Aaaaah ! Snif !!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

The Frog.

Houman said:
Hey Guys,

@Ok, to those with wierd problems, ($ailor) please make sure all the external mod components you were using before hand in the Custom Asset folder are deleted. This sort of error only happens because of that. Never forget you might get CTDs inside game, but if the game never starts and crashes instead, it is something wrong with your installation. Because other people are playing it. Unfortunatelly just an unsinstall won;t help, since the folders inside the documents and settings remain.

Regarding patch, some of the nasty stuff are now fixed. But we are still working on CTD. I need a chat with Mexico once he is back.

The warlords version is very far, but we still need to reapply all these changes there as well and do bug fixing. At this stage it is not tested even once. I am afraid that would take another 3 weekends.

HOumie

I guess I do not understand which files to delete. The only folder that I can find for custom assets is a file called _Civ4CustomAssets which looks like a short cut file with a date of 9/9/06 and with a time that I downloaded the MOD.

Inside this folder are these files....Assets, Python, Res, sounds, xml and art. All of these files have a date of 7/3/06 except art and and its date is 7/5/06.

Which files do I need to delete?

Thanks for the help!

I'll throw my hat into the CTD ring. I enjoy custom_continents and assign one per civ so I at least got to research Flight before everything went to crap. I loaded an autosave four turns previous and CTD happened exactly four turns later.

There is a war brewing between Ghengis and Musa; I used WB to make peace but CTD continued.

I've deleted every unit Musa owns; made peace and deleted roving barb units on his continent, CTD continued.

Will continue to tinker and report findings.

Edit - Oh yes: Custom Asset folder is empty as TR is the only aftermarket item installed.

$ailor said:
I guess I do not understand which files to delete. The only folder that I can find for custom assets is a file called _Civ4CustomAssets which looks like a short cut file with a date of 9/9/06 and with a time that I downloaded the MOD.(...)
Which files do I need to delete? (...)
Delete Folder \MyDocuments\MyGames\Civilization4\Custom Assets\ or something like that. Next time you look at it the Folder and Sub folders will be there again but with no files. You probably should also delete everything inside \MyDocuments\MyGames\Civilization4\Mods\ and you should clear Cache, found on C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\MyGames\Civilization4\Cache or something similar.
Hope that helps!!

Hian the Frog said:
Houman,

I still not have CTD. :D Why ? Perharps because i had reinstall all before playing.... Strange...:confused:

And what do you say ? Three weeks to wait for Warlords :eek: .... Aaaaah ! Snif !!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

The Frog.

Hi Frog,

In wich era you playing? Have you managed to play in industrial-modern age?

I've had the crash on starting this mod too. I'll try reinstalling it over a clean install of Civ4, maybe that will help. About half the time, it crashes instead of even trying to load the mod, without getting to the load screen. Plain Civ4 has never done that on my machine.

As for the CTD, I have gotten as far to the late industrial era (making the WW1 tanks), when it occurs on an easier difficulty level. On Prince or Noble level, I've never gotten past cavalry and riflemen. I've only played this mod on the supplied map. This mod is by far the best mod for the Civ4 gameplay yet, so I hope this can be resolved.

purger30 said:
Hi Frog,

In wich era you playing? Have you managed to play in industrial-modern age?

Hi Purger30,

No, i always begins my games in 4000 BC. I play until somebody, ai civs or me, win the game... The only problem i have had is a memory failure, i was playing for hours on a huge map with 18 civs....

The Frog.

Hian the Frog said:
Hi Purger30,

No, i always begins my games in 4000 BC. I play until somebody, ai civs or me, win the game... The only problem i have had is a memory failure, i was playing for hours on a huge map with 18 civs....

The Frog.

Froggy,

are you playing the TR World map or a custom map? or have you been able to play all the way through on both?

JahtheIII said:
Froggy,

are you playing the TR World map or a custom map? or have you been able to play all the way through on both?

Hi JahtheIII,

I have first tried the TR World Map. Usually as Japan, England or Mali to be in a more "safe" part of the world ;) . I encountered no problems.
It was the same with custom maps ( usually terra map, large).

But i have to say that i try as more as possible to be not at war. I'm more a civ builder than a conqueror. That's why i probably don't have CTD: no problems with catapults (as it seems that they create some),....

So, i can't say that it would not happen to me. What it sure is that because i have played other mods before ( TAM and FfH2) i had chose to remove everything before a new install. It probably help a lot.....

The Frog.

Frog,

If you haven't CTD and TR function in your PC with no problem would you try my saved game? In my saved game CTD is certain after one or two turns.

How could I send you the file?

Odd. Yesterday, I completely purged Civ4 off my HD, rebooted, re-installed everything... still CTDing too :(

hs1611 said:
Delete Folder \MyDocuments\MyGames\Civilization4\Custom Assets\ or something like that. Next time you look at it the Folder and Sub folders will be there again but with no files. You probably should also delete everything inside \MyDocuments\MyGames\Civilization4\Mods\ and you should clear Cache, found on C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\MyGames\Civilization4\Cache or something similar.
Hope that helps!!

Thanks for the help. Your directions were a big help and now the game loads and I will start a game and see how it progresses.

@ Houman

http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=202
posted about slavary.

Also wanted to post about diplomacy, but there is no threat about it or im blind. Dint want to create new one to avoid mess.

What i want in diplomacy is this:
Sometime as Furious enemy demands you to convert/give a tribute/adopt. When i want that guy to Convert to Christianity - i cant do it. Its "red" and he dont want to convert becouse he dont like me enough... WTF ? Like I cant foce him to. Same for adopting and demanding tribute. I Cant even order them to open Borders as its "red". He doesnt even have to say no.

And we all know that everything will buy something for something he would never even think of selling.

Like why dont u Convert to my faith and I give 3 of once your cities back ? - I cant even make that trade, EVEN PROPOSE IT.

Hi Anaztazioch,

Thanks for mentioning it. I just have created it. Please post your idea in there. This needs indeed some rework. I hope the diplomacy is a bit improved in Warlords. Nonetheless Phatlip is working on the AI improvements for the Warlords version. I see we badly need to work on diplomacy as well.

@Those that were involved in the red coat discussions, Or anyone who wish to help, may you please copy and paste the discussions about Red coat in there as well.

Thanks
Houmie

Top Bottom