1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[mod] TOTAL REALISM 2.0

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Houman, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Chamrin

Chamrin Chieftain

I'd actually leave it as it is, and instead restore City raider to 20/25/30% attack vs a city. I don't know why it was nerfed. This would make them each have their own uses.

Also, is it possible to just say +15% on defense, or +15% on attack, instead of the convoluted way of doing +15% on each and every possible tile type? This goes for both defense and attack promotions. It's annoying having a huge list of modifiers when you mouse over it.

Cham

2. Ordom

Ordom Chieftain

Nope it did this to me a few times. I just reload and play from where I last saved. It only does it sometimes.

And on feedback, GREAT mod. It really makes the game a whole lot better. I just wish that the fortress was better though.

3. johnjohn

johnjohn Chieftain

Houman,

Your Flags fix from post # 920 works great for me. Nice to see a USA flag and other flags I recognize!! Was getting the black and white flags before this last patch despite trying other fixes. I have an low spec PC (good enough for me and even Sims2) and struggled with Civ4. Nice to see this mod really doing great for me!!!

Thanks!! :goodjob:

4. Insane_Dictator

Insane_Dictator Chieftain

I haven't downloaded this mod yet it's very interesting, with domestic advisor in it...is there the ability to budget with the incoming taxes and raise taxes basically how a real government budget would be..they had a similar set up in CIV 2 but it disappeared something like this would greatly affect how you govern your internal affairs. would make gameplay interesting if you continually have to alter your budget especially if your needing more money for a war effort and the people back home are becoming war wary and affecting the amount of income your government is collecting.

5. THARN

THARN Warlord

Still on the first game ive tried with this mod and it really seems like Galleys are pretty tough to get to on the research department. get frigates long before..
    you guys are going to lighten zorastriasm(sp?) man Im lovin that religion -especially when it spreads and I hear the guys short chant.. cracks me up. :p

This was the first time I started a war because another civ changed religions.. was kinda weird- I founded toaism- lost the holy city to the arabs- then they built the holy building and switched over-- I was so ticked I focussed on attacking that city... kinda puts things in perspective for the real world's fanatical bastages.

6. Amazing Game

Amazing Game Chieftain

Regarding the "City Raider" promotion: I agree with you- except, since Total Realism 2 incorporates 4 levels of City Raider Promotion, then I would suggest a promotion scale like: 15/20/25/30% attack vs a city. But, perhaps more importantly, it is my hope (next release) that the team will allow Melee Units to qualify for the Level 4 Promotion.

Regarding the "...file types..." : it doesn't personally bother me.

Regarding your comment from post # 922 (July 10), that: "...Roman Calvary should upgrade to knights, not calvary?..."- here, I also agree.

7. JakeCourtney

JakeCourtney Villain

Does someone with some programming background plan to add some diplomatic elements to the game? Like a stronger UN, more Goverment types that have effects that make it more interesting. More budget, and more interactions. It seems the diplomacy side could have so much potential. As it stands its weak, with the SDK out now so much could be added to the game.

8. Mexico

Mexico TR senior programmer

spiral minaret give +1 income for all religious building (for state religion) (temple, monastery, cathedral) so if you have few buildings, you don't get too much surplus

9. Mexico

Mexico TR senior programmer

mod installer set registry key, which is checked with patch installers, so it look like win registry problem... if you know, check your registry for presence of key "Total Realism Mod" under HKEY_CURENT_USER\Software or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software (depend of civ4 instalation) ...for more info, please, send me PM so we can disscuss this off this thread

edit: which installer for mod you used: 2.0a or older 2.0 (replaced with 2.0a), because 2.0 version has small bug with registry checking/setting - maybe this is your problem

10. xazi84

xazi84 Chieftain

I get the same notification... Although it's not in game, it's when I try to load the mod...
    It's a new problem, though, because I've had no problem when installing and have been playing it a few days now, but suddenly it accurred...
    It Crashes during the "[Total realism] Init XML (uncached)"-screen while loading
    Help!?:confused:
    I think it's a really cool mod, and really look forward to being able to play it again:)

11. xazi84

xazi84 Chieftain

Hmm.. I've just reloaded it, and it started up normally... Haven't even restarted my computer or anything:confused:
    But Anyway.. It seems to be some kind of bug, that needs fixing, so I'll just keep my original post posted... (hmm... funny sentence)

12. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

I found a new job!!!!! 25% salary raise!!!! Yuhuuuuuuuuuu :D

That was my 7th interview over 3 months / 2.5 hours long. I suffered a lot guys. Be happy for me. :)

13. ruffriders23

ruffriders23 Prince

Congrats man. But, a 25 increase from 0 is still only 25. ;)

Awesome mod... can't Civ pay you for this?

14. xazi84

xazi84 Chieftain

Don't know where you learned your math...
    But a 25% raise from 0 is, and will never be anything but, 0 ;)

But other that that, I agree om the argument of CIV paying people like Houman and his crew for making such a great MOD!:D

And Houman: Congratulations with the new job! :)

15. ruffriders23

ruffriders23 Prince

If you add 25 to 0, it is 25.

16. rumbold

rumbold Chieftain

Does the new job mean less time modding? :cry:

Just kidding, of course.

Congradulations :goodjob:[party]

They must have seen your work on CFC and was impressed.

17. Chamrin

Chamrin Chieftain

While technically your statement is correct, in context however you're implying that 25% of 0 is 25. So let me ask you, if you're getting paid $1, and you get a 25% raise, how much are you making now?

Then ask yourself if you're getting paid $0, and you get a 25% raise, how much are you making now. You should find that even with a billion trillion googleplex percent raise of 0, is infact still 0.

Cham

18. Therapist

Therapist Chieftain

:rolleyes:

I like to argue on the internet about math.......because it's worth the time and effort......

Congrats on you new job dude.

:goodjob:

19. ruffriders23

ruffriders23 Prince

No, what I was implying is that 25% more than 0 is 25% more than what you had before... which was 0. You see, trying to be a smart-aleck on the internet only works when you have the sarcastic nature that you have not displayed here.

But, way to go on trying to make me laugh guy. I sure am glad I have you here to check my math facts (and make sure that I have the math problem that has been perplexing the world) correct. Where would I be without you to try and get a laugh out of semantics? How I bet mom would be so proud of you now that you figured out that 25% of $1 is 0.25 cents. I bet you make Mrs. Johnson in 1st grade math REAL proud with that profound discovery. Way to go bro, you've cracked the riddle that has plagued man kind for centuries.

Now, after you go hop inside your 50 year old tractor and go to work as a Golf ball retriever at the local Pitch and Putt, maybe you can crack the case that has haunted every 1st grader that ever walked the halls of elementary school... is it I before E or E before I. Don't worry boys... Chamrin IS ON THE JOB!!!

20. JHopkins19

JHopkins19 Chieftain

I looked in the thread, but couldn't seem to find the answer.

Why is it that early in the game when I take over a barbarian city, I don't have the option to raze it? It automatically installs a governor, and then my deficit blows up b\c I can't support those cities early in a game. Do I have to research a particular tech?

Thanks for any help...