1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[mod] TOTAL REALISM 2.0

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Houman, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Cube4

Cube4 Chieftain

when Version 2.01 came out I used the Random map Version of the mod to Start A Huge Raging Barbarians Terra Map With All the Civs, and used world builder to move the American, incan, and other civs that Start in The Americas there, And I Moved pretty much all the civs to A More Appropiate starting location. For Example Mali and Egypt start in Africa And European nations Start in the Maps Equivalent of Europe. I Also Made A World Builder Save. First will the American Civs Get killed By The barbarians in the New World, If so Should I Give Them More Units. Second I Remember someone Said that the New Resources weren't appearing Properly in Patch 2.01. Did the 2.02 patch fix this If So should I generate a new map. Third When I used The Civilopedia to see on What Terrain Resources are supposed to appear, I found that the information wasn't there. Is this somewhere in the Documentation or the forum.

I Also May have found a bug with the Terra Map, But I don't know if it's due to this mod or a bug with the game. Well here it is, when I used the Terra map on huge size and saved to world builder, I found That it wasn't the right size, it was 128 by X which is the huge size for a Regular map. The huge Terra map Is supposed to be 152 by X. I had to search the the forum, and found that I had to Modify a File called worldinfo.xml. So I changed the sizes there to the terra map sizes. Shouldn't the Python in terra.py change the sizes of the map so you don't have to change the worldinfo.xml file.

2. Ankenaton

Ankenaton "The Heretic"

I feel your pain....Monica....(LOL), I am still waiting to hear back from my latest interview. Supposedly he is still in the reference checking stage...really want to tell him to get his thumb out...but discretion and sanity are the better parts of valor. But I am totally fed up with the current job; so I definitely have a case of I want to get the ---- outta here! Congratulations!

3. ruffriders23

ruffriders23 Chieftain

The Army is always hiring. It worked for me... retired at 27 and loving life.

4. Ankenaton

Ankenaton "The Heretic"

I don't think they would take me, even with Iraq...I am as leftist as they come; am 42 years old; work as a clinical social worker; and I am on a brief hiatus from my doctoral studies. What? This doesn't jibe with the picture of rampaging/pillaging Pharoah?:lol: :mischief: :lol: :mischief: Thanks for the advice. About twenty years ago I tried to sign up through ROTC, but my medical issues caused me to be PDQ'd <Permanently Disqualified>; the modern day version of 4F. Oh well:mischief:. I grew up in an Army family; a couple of misbegotten members went into the wild blue yonder and anchors away my boy. No jarheads though, no one was that insane (just kidding). Glad it worked out for you.

5. TLHeart

TLHeart Chieftain

good news on the new job. Still waiting for my second interview, as vacations, and then background checks keep holding up the interview. And it is a job, career I really want, at the ripe young age of 48. waiting waiting........

By the way, your mod keeps me up all night every time I play......

makes those interviews really long. :)

6. Lupito41

Lupito41 Chieftain

You're 27 and throw that big a tantrum when someone baits you? Must be a military thing. I guess I'll get it next...

HUGE congrats on the job, Houman! A raise like that usually makes a BIG difference.

7. ruffriders23

ruffriders23 Chieftain

That was no tantrum... that was me being glib.

Congrats on the mod and the job.

8. THARN

THARN Chieftain

I before E except after C... unless C = 0
    then it all matters naught! lol.

congratulations Houman.

9. Therapist

Therapist Chieftain

E=MC^2??

Come on guys, this is one of the only forums I visit on the interweb that doesn't have pretentious people arguing over math facts(insert whatever stupid topic here). Can we get back to the mod, oh ya, Houman's raise too. haha

I have read that the flag patch fixes the rpblem with solid color flags, will try tonight to see if it solves mine. Will report back here Houman.

Thanks again for the quick reply regarding my problem.

10. Chamrin

Chamrin Chieftain

The Terra map script is apart of vanilla civ IV, it is not specific to this mod. Map scrips can generate maps of any size (that civ IV can handle of course).

And ruffriders23, what's funny, is you still understand it. (and that's the end of this subject for me.)

Peace.

Cham

11. WarKirby

WarKirby Arty person

I downloaded the 2.02 patch and multiplayer was greyed out in the menu. Whats up? Will it be fixed soon. And congrats on the new job!

Thank you for your time

WarKirby

12. H.GrenadeFrenzy

H.GrenadeFrenzy Laughing Demolitionist

I would like to re-ask this question?.....Please and thank you. For I didn't find the answer............

13. H.GrenadeFrenzy

H.GrenadeFrenzy Laughing Demolitionist

I found what I was looking for.......how i passed it i'll never know.

14. bigmeat

bigmeat The weapon of choice

I actually started a new game and it works fine, if it happens again though i'll send it

15. Therapist

Therapist Chieftain

Flag patch worked for me Houman, thanks!

16. bigmeat

bigmeat The weapon of choice

this mod is really good, but you should include the revolution mod, i did it myself and it's great fun

17. JHopkins19

JHopkins19 Chieftain

(sorry, I'm going to ask this again, as it might have been skipped over)

I looked in the thread, but couldn't seem to find the answer.

Why is it that early in the game when I take over a barbarian city, I don't have the option to raze it? It automatically installs a governor, and then my deficit blows up b\c I can't support those cities early in a game. Do I have to research a particular tech?

Thanks for any help...

18. Redman77

Redman77 Chieftain

What about adding more civs? IE... Native Americans (North & South) Carthage?

19. Mode

Mode Chieftain

The lemons are nice, very nice indeed. Where is the opium, cocaine and tobacco? All I saw was hemp and wine. I'm glad there was no beer. By the by, opium and cocaine are medicine.

Still, Total Realism is great. I would like to see civilization fanatics quit enjoying STD or global missile defense as a wonder and rather allow such cities to build permanently deployed electric magnetic pulse cannons in orbit like any other unit.

Thank you Total Realism team,
    Mode

20. WarKirby

WarKirby Arty person

I have a few ideas concerning generals, doctors,diseases and resources that could be added to the mod. Is anyone interested in hearing them. I think they could improve the game but there's no point in cluttering up the board if noone's interested.

Also, whats up with the multiplayer?

Thank you for your time

WarKirby