[mod] TOTAL REALISM 2.0

Hi Houman,

I downloaded your mod few days before the arrival of Warlords in France. My comment is simple: what a mod !!! and what a poor add-on ! Unless some very interesting ideas such as Vasselage and the Warlords, there are nothing that can yet be found on some mods ( such as yours).
I miss most of what you done for many weeks (i was doing other stuff) but i'm happy to found some new UU for France (such as the "wonderful" Renault FT-17) as i suggested to you at the beginning of the year (as other guys i suppose).
Your mod is very very impressive.... The last time i played it was when it was 1.09 (or something like that). Now, this version is AWESOME.

Some questions (that where probably asked, but i'm lazy reading the 3 last monthes of posts i missed):
- will you improve it to be Warlord compatible ?
- is there any guys that produced some maps or scenario for yours mods ?
- will you add some UU that are strangely missing for France ? (such as the very powerful MBT Leclerc, one the most powerful modern tank). I can give you some ideas about new UUs if you want...

Again, thx. It's a very impressive mod.

The Frog.

WarKirby said:
I think you're right. This'll probably be the last time I ask cos I'm sick of being ignored. Will you guys add the Challenger II tank. Just please give some sort of answer. Yes. No. Hell, I would be satisfied with "we're thinking about it"

I'll write the civilopedia for it. And I'm sure you could reuse one of the tank models you have already made. It's a tan colour. Desert Camouflage.

I've found the info and I am extracting the most relevant parts for the civilopedia entry.

I have made a civilopedia entry for the Challenger II tank. There's one less reason not to implement it.

Any answer at all. Please.

WarKirby

My dear,

If there is a model made for Challenger II, then this might be considered. Check out the http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=173 if there is anything done. Otherwise you could ask snafusmith to make one. Without a model we cannot add the tank, obviously. :)

But English have already MarkV for WW1 and Churchill for WW2 Tank. I hope this Challenger II is a Modern Tank.

Thanks
Houman

Hian the Frog said:
Hi Houman,

I downloaded your mod few days before the arrival of Warlords in France. My comment is simple: what a mod !!! and what a poor add-on ! Unless some very interesting ideas such as Vasselage and the Warlords, there are nothing that can yet be found on some mods ( such as yours).
I miss most of what you done for many weeks (i was doing other stuff) but i'm happy to found some new UU for France (such as the "wonderful" Renault FT-17) as i suggested to you at the beginning of the year (as other guys i suppose).
Your mod is very very impressive.... The last time i played it was when it was 1.09 (or something like that). Now, this version is AWESOME.

Some questions (that where probably asked, but i'm lazy reading the 3 last monthes of posts i missed):
- will you improve it to be Warlord compatible ?
- is there any guys that produced some maps or scenario for yours mods ?
- will you add some UU that are strangely missing for France ? (such as the very powerful MBT Leclerc, one the most powerful modern tank). I can give you some ideas about new UUs if you want...

Again, thx. It's a very impressive mod.

The Frog.

HI Frog,

Glad to see you back. We constantly are improving our Mod. Always check back on it and never turn your back to it. :D

1) Yes this will be warlord compatible. It is not clear, if we bring out first a last patch for non-Warlord version and go thereafter for conversion. But yeah the conversion will be coming, but don;t expect it to be there sooner than a month.

2) Nightravn is taking care of Maps. As far as I can tell, he will be pretty much occupied with adjusting the map to Warlords and adding all these new Civs.

3) Check out if MBT Leclerc has been made in the Unit Graphics section, and we will consider it.

Cheers
Houman

@All, I am off tomorrow for ten Days to Italy. I need a bit of holidays. I am taking the laptop with me and might do some work in my spare time of my spare time. :D

My access to Internet might be limited in the villiage I will be staying over. But I was told the internet cafes there broke down today because of high temperature 40 C. How the hell can this happen? :D I guess it is rather the owner who 'breaks down' in the hot weather... hehe

I might be not answering the posts in time. Be patient! Mexico, Nightravn, Israfil and Jaynus should be around though.

Best Regards,
Houman

Houman said:
My access to Internet might be limited in the villiage I will be staying over. But I was told the internet cafes there broke down today because of high temperature 40 C. How the hell can this happen? :D I guess it is rather the owner who 'breaks down' in the hot weather... hehe
Houman

104 F and the internet goes down??

ruffriders23,

I don't know where you comes from (it's not an injury). In Europe, our climate is very very very hot this summer.... There are many problems because of high temperatures (electric lines, internet, water circuits,...). Don't forget that it is very unusual to have temperature above 33-35 C. European countries, even the rainy england, share the same problem: modernazing our old civilian facilities (electricity, water,..) that were built in some places at the beginning of 50s to support these high temperatures that are more and more common each summer.... Our climate is changing (too much pollution) and we must adapt everything.....

The Frog.

Hian the Frog said:
ruffriders23,

I don't know where you comes from (it's not an injury). In Europe, our climate is very very very hot this summer.... There are many problems because of high temperatures (electric lines, internet, water circuits,...). Don't forget that it is very unusual to have temperature above 33-35 C. European countries, even the rainy england, share the same problem: modernazing our old civilian facilities (electricity, water,..) that were built in some places at the beginning of 50s to support these high temperatures that are more and more common each summer.... Our climate is changing (too much pollution) and we must adapt everything.....

The Frog.

I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Where 110 F is no big deal. I understand the climate over there is more used to 70's and 80's F.

Rei said:
Does this mod work with the Warlords expansion ??

I don't think so. I would imagine that any mods from Civ IV would not transfer. Even if they do a mod for it, as soon as they release the first patch, the mod won't work again.

Houman said:
My dear,

If there is a model made for Challenger II, then this might be considered. Check out the http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=173 if there is anything done. Otherwise you could ask snafusmith to make one. Without a model we cannot add the tank, obviously. :)

But English have already MarkV for WW1 and Churchill for WW2 Tank. I hope this Challenger II is a Modern Tank.

Thanks
Houman
Yes the Challenger II is a modern tank Houman. Too bad Vanilla civ probably does not carry civ specific modern main battle tanks; is the Leopard II represented for the Germans?

I hope this mod incorperates the Revolution, Barbarian Orginization, Rebellion, and AIAutoPlay mod.

I second that los but what would the benifits be

Yeah the Challenger 2 is a modern Battle tank probably the best in the world if i do say so myself :), i think that i spyed a model already made for it i'll try and find it and give you the link.

That model looks like a Civ 3 unit. I don't think those models directly convert to Civ 4.

lol i dunno i just typed challenger 2 into the search and it came up with that ok ill look for a / make sure thats a civ 4 model

Houman said:
News:

Guys this mod will become Warlord compatible, but this will take a while. (after next release)

Meanwhile:

@Alyx
Thanks for mentioning the problem with the Airplanes. You are right they were not balanced.

What has been added since my last update:
- Adding new Picture for the Zoroastrian Shrine once built. (Removed the Confucian Picture)
- Added Roman WW2 Tank 'Fiat L6/40'
- Added Chinook Transport Helicopter transports 6 foot soldier, green camouflaged Jungle/Forest bonus
- Added Chinook Transport Helicopter transports 2 Tank/Artillery, Desert camouflaged , desert bonus
- Added KA50 Gunship (comes with Satellites) excellent combat rates
- Added mi24 Gunship/Transporter, good attack rates and can carry 2 foot soldier
- Added mi26 the biggest transport helicopter in production, can carry 8 soldiers and is even faster. UU (replaces Infantry Chinook) for Russia, India, Greece, Aztec (Mexico), Inca (Peru)
- Added Black Knight Button
- Fixed the ICBM (now it is no longer gray and can be built)
- Performance improved by Mexico's new algorithm (2 times check instead of 9 times, approx. 4 times faster now)
- replacing Churchill Tank Model by a new one
- Ninja (Japanses Assassin) has been fixed and is now fully functional.
- added Tercio (Spanish UU for Musketman)
- All Musketmen get a -75% vs Archers (due inaccuracy of early Muskets - refer to the Book of five Rings) (Still only Logbowmen can have a chance against them)

Airplanes re-balanced:
- Fighters (WW2) get 100% vs Zeppelin
- JetFighters (modern) get 150% vs WW1 Biplanes and 200% vs Zeppelins
- Jet Bomber (modern) get 100% vs WW1 Biplanes, 100% vs WW1 Zeppelin and 50% vs Armored units (-50% on Air in general)
- Stealth Bomber get 250% vs WW1 Biplanes, 250% vs Zeppelin and 150% vs WW2 Fighters and 50% vs Armored units (-50% on Sea in general)

stay tuned...

for the air units, the bonuses, is that to their strength...

i am curious, how does the combat system work for aircraft units...

does the strength of a unit mean anything, does it affect interception rates of the air units

i have had stealth bombers ge shot down by bi planes. the strength is much higher on the bomber then the biplane. would a 250% bonus affect inetrception rates or allow the stealt bombeer to simply take more damage or what? i am confused to how air combat works..:confused:

one thing that is probably needed for whenever realism mod becomes warlord compatible, is adding new UUs for the new 6 civs...:D

i think cataphracts should be allowed to upgrade to knights, and i think one should be able to build bombers even once the tech for strike fighters is found

they should be able to coincide as each give different advantages, a bomber causes collateral damage, strike fighter can load into aircraft carrier and can kill units, but doesnt cause collateral damage..a strike fighter should not replace bomber

adding a new unit to replace privateer in modern time, their unique ability to transport units into foreign lands, is a very useful ability...what would be a modern replacement though?

Top Bottom