1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[mod] TOTAL REALISM 2.0

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Houman, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Elit3

Elit3 Chieftain

Yea i figured it would put too much strain on the cpu. and thats what i said.

Well does anybody else know why i cant trade technology? I am aware that the civopedia isnt 100% updated. Ive ran into a few conflicts on my first run of playin this game.

2. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

Ok I make it short. I won't respond to political discussions for 2 weeks until the the patch is released. :D Discussions cost time.

After the patch we will move this forum to a more detailed forum, whit separate topics for each issue.

Back to modding..
    Holmes

3. Vertico

Vertico Prince

I think I know what is the problem when it happen to me in next game too.
    Problem appears when you want to move your mouse arrow on developments given by railroad technology. I think this is either land or water change icons.
    Instead of context info, it hangs and kicks to windows. To avoid this problem - you have to just do not touch anything - just press ok in tech screen.
    Nevertheless this bug should be fixed somehow in next patch ;)

4. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

Guys I need your help.

I need Names for "Barbarian" Warlords. In other words names that are not part of any majore civilization, such as Babylonian names, Gaulish, West Afrika, Armenien, Indonesian, Eskimo etc. That would speed up things a bit.

Please name me your famous generals for each civ, so I can implement them. If the Civ has no generals then Leaders are accepted. Thats what I have done with Zulus for example.

Thanks
    HOuman

5. Anaztazioch

Anaztazioch Hit in the head too much

Osama Bin Laden :) good for barbarian warlord?

And if u can Implent a new civ to warlords patch can u add Poland ? Whith Kazimierz Wielki (industrious, militaristic), heridary rule favorite civic
    Władysław Jagiełło (militaristic, organized), serfdom favorite (he was accutally Litvian)
    Jadwiga Jagielońksa (creative, spiritual), teocracy favorite (she was KING of Poland and maried Jagiełło to melt Poland and Litvians into Kingdom of Both Countries is stright translating)
    Lech Wałęsa (philosophical, indoustrious), Emancypation/Univeral Sufrage favorite (he was the one that kicked communists from Poland whith help of Pope, he also "won" Nobel award of Pacifism)

And for fun our actual president:
    Leck Kaczyński (coward, miniature), free speach favorite (as his lying ability has no equal), hes the one that wants to make Him his Brother premier and his party have power in every place of Poland, but what to do whith that power ? Like they said they will build 800 thousand apartmants, so living place will be cheaper. After he won and became president, we said to public that we will not be able to Build 800 thousand apartmants in 4 years... he will need 10 years... Really read what our politicians do, it a circous.

6. blue13326

blue13326 Chieftain

An Iranian criticizing Americans for not challenging their government enough?
    BWAHAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
    Sorry, that cracked me up. Nice mod. Very challenging (haven't managed to win in two tries yet).

7. Hian the Frog

Hian the Frog TR Designer and XML

Houman,

What do you clearly want ? I don't understand. Names of barbarian generals or leaders ? such as Theodoric the Wisigoth for exemple...
    If it's what you want, i can gives many many names of leaders... those of the major tribes that invade the west roman empire.

The Frog.

8. Hian the Frog

Houman,

You can find a new unit graphic of a French modern fighter: Mirage-2000. This fighter is still our main one. It's the fifth version we use today. (Mirage-2000-5).
    What about this fighter ? It can not be carried on a CV, it is very very fast (around mach 2.2 ), it carries few missiles ( at best 8, so two to three times less than a US or Russian one) but carries two 30 mm guns. You can also found 6 cameras for recon missions and numerous pods for bombs and anti-ships missiles (we used laser guided bombs and our famous anti-ship Exocet, the English navy knows about them: 2 ships sunked in 1982 with the first version of this missiles). So, if you want to include it you can also change some of its value: a lesser range, a lesser combat value, a bigger recon range, a bigger bombing and anti-ship value and a very lesser cost.

That's just my opinion. All comments are welcome.:D

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=182976

The Frog

9. Elit3

Elit3 Chieftain

MR Houman musta missed my question. ill just repost... breifer:

My problem is i cant trade technology. in the civopedia it says i need writing so i researched it. but somewhere else in the civopedia it says i need alphebet. so i researched that also. Soooooooo i still cant trade technology =(. this is a bummer. ive only ran into 3 other civ being as im america and extremely isolated on the earth map. i have tried to trade technology to these civs to no avail. im sure im the technological leader. I would like to reap my benefits. HELP.

10. rebsiot

rebsiot Chieftain

Click on Search this forum - enter -> "Trade Tech"

Post #1122 -
    Rick

11. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

I recognise your style of writing, how many login names do you have Mr.? It matches the ones you sent me before as PM. I said two weeks no discussion until I get this mod done, and now you come up with this? First time attacking me when I am on holidays and now this?

What do you know of me kid? 6 Millions Iranians are living in exile since the bloody Islamic Revolution in 1979. Do think I am a supporter of those bloody Mullahs, who have killed thousands in their jails? You are talking about criticism? You guys can criticize in a more or less free society where nothing can happen to you but being sent off to Guantamala Bay. In Iran people criticize the government despite being afraid of loosing their lives.

Do you know of the pro-democratic student movements in Iran and how many times they got oppressed brutally by the Islamic thugs? Have you ever cried while translating letters from student leaders that are being tortured in jail and send them to Amnesty international in hope they would put the Iranian Government under pressure? After more than 4 years of total misery in the prison Akbar Mohammadi died about 4 weeks ago in the prison. Did your Fox News tell you about all that? Or was the score between Packers and Vikings more important? And yet wanna be the world police heh? Or does it just tell you about how evil the Iranians are as seeds of Axis of Evil?

American, --> watch and learn what is going on inside Iran and not what your Fox News is telling you <--

Hopefully God will listen to your daily prayers and finally bless you and your America with more insight!

12. Elit3

Elit3 Chieftain

ok uhm..... why is trading techs off. guess thats my logical next question... trading techs is "real-ism" :)

13. Hian the Frog

Houman,

oups ! Stay cool ! Don't break your heart ! A massive heart attack is not welcome...:health:
    I don't know if this poor guy was serious or not... i think he was and that's a big problem. :vomit:
    As i feel very bored by this type of guys, i suggest you three things:
    1) Really, really, stop your replies. You will be a greater man by not replying to such a low minded and under educated guys....
    2) Try to avoid provocation. You probably add to many attachments that disturb some radical opinion. Civfanatics is not a political or religious website. Even if i nearly agree with you, it's not the right place to have such a exchange of opinion. I'm sure that you understand what i mean.:)
    3) Ask for Moderator help. They are here to clean off topic posts...

Now, the mod. May you, please, tell me what you think about my idea of a French modern fighter (read previous post) ?

The Frog.

14. rebsiot

rebsiot Chieftain

Please....

Do...not...respond...to...trolls.

This (man/woman/who cares) is a troll, and I have an idea for him...

Make a unit for him in the game... put it under a bridge, of course, this would require the tech for bridge-building... Make it die at the sight of the 3rd unit he comes into contact with.

Call it the Troll Mod, and dedicate it to him. Every time someone baits you in the forum, write the post, and add it to the text of what the troll says, rather than post it. So you get to channel your energy, while at the same time relieving stress, and we don't give the (pesky child/attention whore/bugger- eating loser) what he craves so dearly. Ok, I have children, I confess...

Of course, do it immediately after you create the next update.

Thanks for the mod, of course.

Now if you want fun, and politics, with a group of people that are quite possibly serious, if not a little impractical... go to http://www.cpusa.org

I say this being quite a left-winger myself. So please, save the comments.

Rebsiot.

15. rebsiot

rebsiot Chieftain

Now that I can't answer, but I think that there is something called, "tech balancing" built into the game. I think it has to do with trade routes or something. I forget where I saw it, and I'm too lazy to search.

Rick

16. Anaztazioch

Elit3 tech trading is Realism i kno, But buying all tech in 1 turn its a bit naive. Its like Americans are building Manhattan Project, are building for 24 turns and are 3 turns to complete, when u buy Fission form them, began building Manhattan Project and use 2 or 3 great engeiners to complete it before Americans ! IS THAT REAL ?

In vanila i was doing this way to get Colosseus, Sistine Chapell, Great Library, Hagia Sophia. It was so easy as philosophical civ as Greece whith Early Pyramids and National Epic.

17. Anaztazioch

Houman - instead for replying to that guy just make a password to this thread and send pass to all "trusted" via private message

18. rebsiot

rebsiot Chieftain

That's true. Maybe if you trade techs, it could reduce research cost by 50% on each? Or even better, you could trade research points on a certain tech. Whatever you trade, you only get maybe 20% / year as your civ digests the tech. I guess there's lots of ways to deal with it. Wouldn't the advent of computers or higher math make tech trading easier?

It might not make it so easy as a philosophical civ...

Then again, I'm FULL of ideas... If I had even 30% perspiration I'd be rich.

Rick
    Armchair Quarterback...

19. purger30

purger30 Chieftain

Hi

When the next version will be released? I am very anoyed that i cant build ICBM.

20. Vespasian

Vespasian Chieftain

This might already have been noticed but i'm too lazy to scour the entire forum :p

The Judaic missionary (Rabbi) and Islamic missionary (Di'naeh) can not spread religion . in the build option I can build them but Sid says:"you can not build this unit because this is not a missionary faith"

Also, ice fields give the notice "impassable" but my ships just pass through them without a problem :p