[MOD][WARLORDS] ViSa Modpack

Hello Guys

First thanks for your job, you're mod is very interesting ... :goodjob:

I have just a small problem i can't download it ... I tried since 2 days 10 times (version RAR or version exe i used all links) but it's always corrupted.:cry:

Be i the one or anybody else have the same problem :confused:

So if someone can helping me or indicate me a other place to ddl it, it will be very appreciate thanks ! :)

Hello Guys

I have just a small problem i can't download it ... I tried since 2 days 10 times (version RAR or version exe i used all links) but it's always corrupted.:cry:

So if someone can helping me or indicate me a other place to ddl it, it will be very appreciate thanks ! :)

Well, lets try to see if the file is really corrupted. What happens if you do an md5 hash of the file? What is the exact filename you downloaded?

If we hash the same file and get the same result, i can't see how it could be corrupted and i'd look for other issues (which operating system etc)

DOMESTIC ADVISOR UPDATE

For those wanting to know more of the functions and known issues, please follow the link in the first post to TheLopez download file area that lists a ton of info on this modcomp.

Do you happen to know if the issue i experience is dealt with there? I looked over it but i can't see anything mentioned about that. The only customisation i did was to add the column "sort by turns remaining".

I'm getting CTD with the DomA in late game. No-one else having problems ???? Nothing mentioned on TheLopez website.....

Hello Guys

Well I install from the uploaded files so I know they are not corrupt....and the odds for all of them being corrupt on this end is probably less likely than winning the lottery....so it is something on your end.

Hello Guys

I'm having the exact same problem. There comes a message saying "file corrupted". I'm downloading it again. Someone said something about "hash", but I have no idea what it is.

voleur:
I've just got to install the mod!!! I downloaded it again (I'm using firefox) and clicked on "open file" in the firefox download menu. It worked like a charm. The first time I tried I had clicked on the icon on my desktop, and then the message "corrupted file" arose. Now, everything is ok. No idea why it happened.

Any tentative date on the new patch to this amazing MOD? I can't wait to play an integrated Genetics MOD :)

...No definite plans or schedule past v3.0....which we hope to get out by the end of the year.

posted on Dec 02, 2006, 10:40 PM

;) just like any real commerically based software design company, they tease you with promises and then push back the delivery date (it's slipped from "a couple of weeks" to "by the end of the year"). they keep pleading "RL issues". what nerve!! :rolleyes:

the flip side is, i'd rather them take the time and do it RIGHT. instead of rushing it and then having to put out a bunch of minor bug fix patches (or 1 patch that fixes a bunch of minor bugs, like some big commercial companies)

*heavy sigh*
i guess they'll get it done when they get it done. while we all sit around impatiently waiting
*even heavier sigh*

posted on Dec 02, 2006, 10:40 PM

;) just like any real commerically based software design company, they tease you with promises and then push back the delivery date (it's slipped from "a couple of weeks" to "by the end of the year"). they keep pleading "RL issues". what nerve!! :rolleyes:

the flip side is, i'd rather them take the time and do it RIGHT. instead of rushing it and then having to put out a bunch of minor bug fix patches (or 1 patch that fixes a bunch of minor bugs, like some big commercial companies)

*heavy sigh*
i guess they'll get it done when they get it done. while we all sit around impatiently waiting
*even heavier sigh*
Now that's not really nice... you forget there is a big difference with a company: this is not these guys' job, they take on their free time and get absolutely nothing else but satisfaction and thanks from us.
I never saw any "promise" on any release date, and I know for a fact these are extremely hard to estimate as there is always something unplanned that comes up.

Ok thanks for your help guys

I gonna to explain my situation and try to be understable (english is not my mother tongue and my english level is very bad :cry: )

First i tried again ddl the mod my last attemps was here : http://keldath.family-veldman.com/ to the download page i selected Downloads *** ViSa 2.0

I use Internet explorer 6.0

After that i tried open the visa.exe by double click, so i've a message "checking integrity MD5" then "this archive is corrupted"

So i decided change my method i tried to open visa.exe with winrar, at first i chosen "test" but winrar crashed approximately to 26% (problems found in the sound files inside diplomacy folder)

I tried something else after. To extract visa.exe with winrar, finally i obtained 447 files corrupted. I've never seen this before :confused:
you can show them to http://rapidshare.com/files/6311334/List.txt (pass: visa )

I clarify i'm a big downloader , when files are corrupted i resume but here i ve got beaten my personnal record (15 times :goodjob: )

So i'm asking which extractor i must use for extract this mod ?

Now that's not really nice... you forget there is a big difference with a company: this is not these guys' job, they take on their free time and get absolutely nothing else but satisfaction and thanks from us.
I never saw any "promise" on any release date, and I know for a fact these are extremely hard to estimate as there is always something unplanned that comes up.

wasn't being critical, was being humorous.
note smilie wink --> ;)
note smilie rolleyes --> :rolleyes:
note 2nd para defending, nay urging, them to take as long as needed

sometimes it doesn't come out right when you type.

This Mod works great on one computer but on the other the interface graphics dont show up. How can I modify it back to normal without messing up the mod?

This Mod works great on one computer but on the other the interface graphics dont show up. How can I modify it back to normal without messing up the mod?

the interface issue has been discussed several times in this thread. the common solution is to uninstall, delete ViSa mod folder, delete cache, reinstall 2.0 full, then 2.1 patch

2 questions:

- is it somehow possible to use the 3 field city radius for scenarios as well (not just custom game)?

- does the ViSa dll allow for more then 18 civs?

I love the ViSa mod, but would like it even more when I could play 24 civs with extended city radius on an earth map or such. ^^

Visa Earth Map has been made by strategyonly! :banana:

not sure how many civs there are, but this Earth map was made specifically for ViSa mod

EDIT: sorry, the link in the quote takes you to a thread. here is a download link

EDIT#2: strategyonly's original post
OK i have added all the extra resources in the game for VISA , not in the correct places but they are there ok, have "Fun.";)

I do use the 4th seady map. But it has 18 civs "only" and also "only" city radius 2. What I#d like to do is use that map with 24 civs and city radius 3.

sorry, can't help there. i don't usually play pre-made maps.

i prefer random, all the way :crazyeye:

Also, I highly doubt ViSa would survive a 24 Civ game. The Mod is HUGE. Even the best computers have problems in the late-game stages simply when playing with less than 18 Civ's on a Huge map (and most even have problems on Large maps). It is highly unlikely that the game could even function with that many civs at the same time due to the already immense complexity of the mod.

Top Bottom