• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[MOD][WARLORDS] ViSa Modpack

with regards Blake's better AI I play Visa with Blake's in the custom assets file - I'm not sure if it's doing every thing it's supposed to but it's certainly doing something as I'm finding games much harder when it's there opposed to when I play with it removed from custom assets.

Is the domestic advisor breaking because it's not Warlords v2.08 compliant?

I doubt that is it...everybody else is using it with no problem. I imagine most everybody uses the button and not F1 :)

I think it's the button with the little house on it, upper right-hand corner.

Regarding the Phoenecians, I repaired the install, uninstalled and reinstalled, and even downloaded both 2.0 and the 2.1 patch for Visa again and reinstalled, and I still don't have graphics for cities and cottages for the Phoenecians. Any other ideas on why I don't see anything?

I think it's the button with the little house on it, upper right-hand corner.

Regarding the Phoenecians, I repaired the install, uninstalled and reinstalled, and even downloaded both 2.0 and the 2.1 patch for Visa again and reinstalled, and I still don't have graphics for cities and cottages for the Phoenecians. Any other ideas on why I don't see anything?

Well that button has been a part of Civ for ages....

I am playing Hiram right now....city graphics are fine....and I built a monument too. So no idea why you are having a problem but it isn't an issue on my v2.10 install.

The problem isn't the other buildings. Only the base buildings and the phoenecian beacon. In other words:

1) I use a settler to build a city. I get a road with nothing on top. Units can travel freely through the "city," but there are no buildings there.

2) If I build a phoenecian beacon, nothing appears.

3) If I build anything else (monument, library, the Oracle, etc.), they show up normally in the square, but they're all I see. In particular, when I build stonehenge, all my new cities are just statues, which is kind of amusing.

4) If I build a cottage, nothing appears, but if there is a road or units, they show up fine. And if the cottage evolves into a hamlet/village/town, nothing shows up. All the other improvements work fine.

5) This happens from the ancient era up until the industrial era. At the industrial era, I get towns, cities, etc.

It wouldn't have anything to do with my other graphics options or computer specs, would it? And, are there any other civs that use that graphics set so I can see if it's the graphics or specifically that civ?

The problem isn't the other buildings. Only the base buildings and the phoenecian beacon. In other words:

1) I use a settler to build a city. I get a road with nothing on top. Units can travel freely through the "city," but there are no buildings there.

2) If I build a phoenecian beacon, nothing appears.

3) If I build anything else (monument, library, the Oracle, etc.), they show up normally in the square, but they're all I see. In particular, when I build stonehenge, all my new cities are just statues, which is kind of amusing.

4) If I build a cottage, nothing appears, but if there is a road or units, they show up fine. And if the cottage evolves into a hamlet/village/town, nothing shows up. All the other improvements work fine.

5) This happens from the ancient era up until the industrial era. At the industrial era, I get towns, cities, etc.

It wouldn't have anything to do with my other graphics options or computer specs, would it? And, are there any other civs that use that graphics set so I can see if it's the graphics or specifically that civ?

I understand...I built a city in turn 1 with a settler, not WorldBuilder, and it is just fine...so I can't replicate your problem on my machine.

Maybe somebody else can try it, but so far it is not a problem anybody else is having.

The Domestic Advisor button....which other one would you use :lol:

Well, i was hoping that it would be a button that would have a different function, thus helping me get around the CTD that occurs due to problems with the domestic advisor: specifically, when i insert, delete, append to a group of cities, the graphics first become corrupted as i showed previously, then several turns later i get the CTD

Well, i was hoping that it would be a button that would have a different function, thus helping me get around the CTD that occurs due to problems with the domestic advisor: specifically, when i insert, delete, append to a group of cities, the graphics first become corrupted as i showed previously, then several turns later i get the CTD

Not sure what you are doing, but everybody I know has zero problems with TheLopez Domestic Advisor Mod.

But next week as I said earlier, you can work with mrgenie to get it fixed.

Does this mod work on multiplayer (LAN)? looks really good btw

Yes it should...it has been tested in MP by some people.

So firehawk are you planning on adding lots of ethnic deverse units after the merging with the Genetic Mod is complete?

No definite plans or schedule past v3.0....which we hope to get out by the end of the year.

I really love your mod, but....

I would like to request something (if possible), would like to see some extra animated leaderheads for the country's, like for example Charlemagne (by C.Roland), Vitorrio (By C.Roland), Adolf Hitler v2.0 (by Hadrean, Kodzi & Elhoim) Hirohito (by WYZ sub10) & Saddam (by Iloveplayciv) I would have added them myself, but I kinda suck at modding, so I would rather leave it to you guys...

I really love your mod, but....

I would like to request something (if possible), would like to see some extra animated leaderheads for the country's, like for example Charlemagne (by C.Roland), Vitorrio (By C.Roland), Adolf Hitler v2.0 (by Hadrean, Kodzi & Elhoim) Hirohito (by WYZ sub10) & Saddam (by Iloveplayciv) I would have added them myself, but I kinda suck at modding, so I would rather leave it to you guys...

The leader list we have is over 70 already....but I will put it on the list :)

The leader list we have is over 70 already....but I will put it on the list :)

be fore warned that adding alot of animated L/H will make your MOD size go up drastically, i added in like 7 or 8 L/H's and my megs went from 25 to 75 just like that.:p

be fore warned that adding alot of animated L/H will make your MOD size go up drastically, i added in like 7 or 8 L/H's and my megs went from 25 to 75 just like that.:p

:lol:

ViSa is over 731 MB and we don't have everything merged in v3.0 yet :eek:

I think we got it 'under' control, pakbuild is the only way to mod :cool:

is pak build what you guys use to make the mod load so fast
it is the fast loading mod that I play for civ

Ok, so as non-programmer, I'm stuck.

I was going to merge Blake's newest AI gamecore.dll with the VISA gamecore.dll. Little did I know, I can't just use Compare It! to do the job, because they need to be in their uncompiled form.

Soooo.... Can I ask the proficient programmer types how to decompile the gamecore files so I can merge them?

Top Bottom