[MOD][WARLORDS] ViSa Modpack

I made a simple Cold War scenario using the mod. (Took about half an hour to make)

I can get it running, but it seems after I do the first turn (or open up a leaderhead) it crashes to desktop with an error message. Any suggestions?

Edit: I can have it run now, it appears the problem was me editing civics wrongly.

Just for the record (and because I haven't played them yet! )
I started a game as the Phoenicians, no problems with the graphics.

Also I haven't had any problems with the Domestic Advisor, but I don't
know how to do any of the tricks with it, so maybe that's where Seady
sees his problem. I would like to know what all those fields are when you
flick the little electric switch icon, looks like there is lots of flexibility I don't
know how to use...

Alondin, back from a week of Neverwinter 2 (Good game, btw!)

is pak build what you guys use to make the mod load so fast
it is the fast loading mod that I play for civ

Yes, pakbuild is the key :)

Ok, so as non-programmer, I'm stuck.

I was going to merge Blake's newest AI gamecore.dll with the VISA gamecore.dll. Little did I know, I can't just use Compare It! to do the job, because they need to be in their uncompiled form.

Soooo.... Can I ask the proficient programmer types how to decompile the gamecore files so I can merge them?

You have to have the source code files, which both ViSa and BetterAI are available to download and do your thing....but we won't support ANY mods to ViSa by other players. Although people that fix/change things that want to pass them on to me, we will look at incorporating your changes AFTER you have them done ;)

Just for the record (and because I haven't played them yet! )
I started a game as the Phoenicians, no problems with the graphics.

Also I haven't had any problems with the Domestic Advisor, but I don't
know how to do any of the tricks with it, so maybe that's where Seady
sees his problem. I would like to know what all those fields are when you
flick the little electric switch icon, looks like there is lots of flexibility I don't
know how to use...

Alondin, back from a week of Neverwinter 2 (Good game, btw!)

Always nice to hear from people that DO NOT have problems :D

I hate to be the bringer of bad news but i just got a CTD when the three gorges dam (world wonder) movie tried to play. i got the pop up for the movie, little screen was black then bam i'm lookin at my desk top :) but other than that it's been smoth sailing.

Ok thats just wierd I tried it a second time and it played not very well but it played without a CTD
so i dont know what the deal was with that

I hate to be the bringer of bad news but i just got a CTD when the three gorges dam (world wonder) movie tried to play. i got the pop up for the movie, little screen was black then bam i'm lookin at my desk top :) but other than that it's been smoth sailing.

Ok thats just wierd I tried it a second time and it played not very well but it played without a CTD
so i dont know what the deal was with that

Odd....

And I love the sig :goodjob:

ummm .....

im really looking for a compliment for this mod but no words can express how BLOWN AWAY i am with this, this isent just Civ4 warlords .. its a whole seprate bloody game! you are by far THE KING! THANK YOU!!!

I am DYING to play this mod to the full, but even on a large map im getting the bad memory allocation error either on saving or loading. Is there anything I can do? My pc is a computer duo, ive got a 256Mbram video card and 1GB ram. It's really annoying playing this great mod and getting this stupid error when I reach the whereabouts of the industrial era.

Please PLEASE help

@Dmentorr, i play huge maps also, and due to the M.A.F, i have learned to turn down my graphics. about when you enter the industrial era is when it happens. So i will start out on high graphics then switch over to low graphics. It sucks to have to do this but is necessary to play huge maps. for example i have gotten saves as large as 1300-1400 kb on low graphics. on high graphics it peaks out at about 1000 kb. Some other pointers are to not run the game for extended periods of times. ie 4-5-6 hours. Hope this helps!!

Hmmm, so if I:

1. play for, let's say, 2 hours at a time and

2. tune down graphics

It'll solve the problem? I frantically hope so, Its already stopped 4 games for me. The thing is... with 1 Gb Ram, why is it giving me these problems? I'm sure its the Warlords new patch, since on another pc which is slower it never gave me such problems, and it doesnt have the patch.

@Dmentorr: M.A.F. is memory allocation failure. it causes the game to crash to desk top. Yes to both. if your like me i will play for 4-5-6 hours at a time. I.E, I have no life, LOL. So the game and turns get slower and slower. I have 2 gb of Ram and it still does this. when it starts to run slow save the game and exit. then reload the game and change graphics to low . Also if it crashes you can reload a auto save from b4 the crash.

Awesome....I will add the link to your post in the Main ViSa Post :goodjob:

ummm .....

im really looking for a compliment for this mod but no words can express how BLOWN AWAY i am with this, this isent just Civ4 warlords .. its a whole seprate bloody game! you are by far THE KING! THANK YOU!!!

Glad you like it....it is a team effort for sure as no one person could handle everything we have done from the ViSa Website, SDK, python, xml, and this thread AND play testing :)

For testing purposes I went 'back in time' and played a plain Warlords game...boy did that suck :lol: I don't even care for other Mods that are good because I have gotten so used to the ViSa Tech Tree and ViSa Civics that even though other Mods are awesome, I get confused when my playstyle is interupted :D

DOMESTIC ADVISOR UPDATE

For those wanting to know more of the functions and known issues, please follow the link in the first post to TheLopez download file area that lists a ton of info on this modcomp.

Hey Firehawk are you eventually going to add the Galleass unit once its done, it would be a great missing link between the Trireme and the Frigate. I had mods like this in mind when I requested it.

I don't have any plans for any units....keldath is MR UNIT MAN :D

Hmmm, so if I:

1. play for, let's say, 2 hours at a time and

2. tune down graphics

It'll solve the problem? I frantically hope so, Its already stopped 4 games for me. The thing is... with 1 Gb Ram, why is it giving me these problems? I'm sure its the Warlords new patch, since on another pc which is slower it never gave me such problems, and it doesnt have the patch.
I have found that this helps also. here's some tips i've found to be helpful:

edit CivilizationIV.ini to autosave every turn. that way CTD's & MAF's aren't quite so devastating & easier to recreate for trouble-shooting/debugging.
Spoiler CivilizationIV.ini edit :

; The maximum number of autosaves kept in the directory before being deleted.
MaxAutoSaves = 20

; Specify the number of turns between autoSaves. 0 means no autosave.
AutoSaveInterval = 1

lots of patroling aircraft are a major slowdown factor. when you reload, all vehicles tasked for intercept mode are merged into 1 graphic (f-117 + star defense + stealth bomber = interesting look :) )

i too have found long gaming sessions can be troublesome
Spoiler every 1-2 hrs after getting industrial era :

• complete all moves for current turn
  • quicksave (shift-F5)
  • exit to desktop
  • delete WL cache
  • empty recycle bin
  • defrag harddrive
  • restart game
(takes about 3-4 mins to do all this. i have shotcuts for WL cache, defrag, & Quicksave game on my desktop)
according to task manager, i have seen this reduce RAM usage by up to 70-80MB

turn on single unit graphics

less FOW (culture, spies, holy city intel, etc), more units, more differents kinds of units, patroling aircraft all = more for comp to keep track of which = slowdown :(

Top Bottom