[MOD][WARLORDS] ViSa Modpack

I've noticed the further I get in the game, the slower the game goes between turns. Is there a fix or patch for this? I am running a 2.8 Ghz comp with 2.4 gigs of RAM. It is NOT my computer guys.

Talk to Firaxis....plain Warlords and vanilla Civ have the same issue.

mrgenie has done some work to reduce wait time as well as turn off some modcomps that get slow in the late game...but the real problem is Civ itself.

BTW, we are not hiding any patches, everything is listed in the first post along with any known issues.

Question: I've turned on the PLE_GRP_PROMO option, and cannot turn it off by clicking on it. It's also gotten rid of the little thing above that shows units (see screenie below):

Is this a bug, or is there a fix that I don't know about?

EDIT: Bug fixed, found out that I needed to use other buttons.

Question: I've turned on the PLE_GRP_PROMO option, and cannot turn it off by clicking on it. It's also gotten rid of the little thing above that shows units (see screenie below):

Is this a bug, or is there a fix that I don't know about?

EDIT: Bug fixed, found out that I needed to use other buttons.

Glad you got the PLE mod figured out....we link to the original thread of that in the first post...as we do with all mods we include so people know how to use them.

BTW, love the Mark Twain quote :D

I just wanted to chime in to add my gratitude and congratulations on turning out, what I consider to be, the finest mod on the market! :)

There are some others like Rhyes that are fantastic for redesigning from scratch, and FFH that is highly original and imaginative.... but this is definitely the most comprehensive and deep modification of the basic game itself. I have had an absolute blast today playing it - there are some elements I would like to change or to have tweaked, but overall it is absolutely fantastic.

I really hope that you guys keep at it, even with rl taking up too much time, and keep steadily updating and developing!

I am going to write to the mods to see if you can get a separate forum for this - it clearly deserves it and half the individual mod forums aren't even being used anymore.

All the best and thanks again

Spear

I just wanted to chime in to add my gratitude and congratulations on turning out, what I consider to be, the finest mod on the market! :)

There are some others like Rhyes that are fantastic for redesigning from scratch, and FFH that is highly original and imaginative.... but this is definitely the most comprehensive and deep modification of the basic game itself. I have had an absolute blast today playing it - there are some elements I would like to change or to have tweaked, but overall it is absolutely fantastic.

I really hope that you guys keep at it, even with rl taking up too much time, and keep steadily updating and developing!

I am going to write to the mods to see if you can get a separate forum for this - it clearly deserves it and half the individual mod forums aren't even being used anymore.

All the best and thanks again

Spear

I am glad you enjoy it :)

Our goal is to add-on to what Firaxis has done, not make something from scratch because quite frankly there are other mods that are doing a far better job with new content than we could ever do.

Of course some things are unique to ViSa like the scrolling Civic Screen, but mostly we merge mods into ViSa.

I thought about asking for a separate forum, but not sure those get viewed enough by all the folks here....but we will have a brand new thread for V3.0 :)

BTW, I am trying to load up V3.0 for the first time right now!!!! The source code isn't updated so not sure it will run, but I have to get in-game to finish tweaking the tech tree....which is the last XML from the G Era to finish.

ViSa v3.0 Beta Patch Notes

This is what is merged so far....we will begin testing once the source code gets sorted out.

Attachments

• readme.txt
    6.8 KB · Views: 206
I need help. I've downloaded this mod and after installed I've tried to load it but I get always several errors while loading and it's impossible to play. I loaded others mods without this prolems. What can I do?

I need help. I've downloaded this mod and after installed I've tried to load it but I get always several errors while loading and it's impossible to play. I loaded others mods without this prolems. What can I do?

First and foremost...make sure you are playing it with your Civilization IV: Warloards CD, and not your Civilization IV CD...

Secondly, make sure you are running Warlords on v 2.08...

If you have done all that, then the ViSa moderators will have to help you.

This mod looks amazing.

This mod also looks very intimidating to get installed and up and running properly... should a complete techno-idiot like myself wait until there is a bonafide stable version out?

I figure the fewer steps the better - i.e. for tech-challenged folks like myself it would be great to just unzip a folder directly into the Warlords Mod folder and be done with it (i.e. vs. fixing this file, or patching that, or clearing this cache, etc. - I always manage to screw that up royally).

Thanks

visa team
will the genetic era be something you can check on or off ?
most things in this mod are choosable :goodjob: (is that a word?)
I like this mod ,but must admit i have NO desire to play into a future era

nice mod, way too many civ, very overwhelming

Excuse me, Don't ruin it for the rest of us. Choice is a good thing. There isn't anything wrong with the number of civs. It'd be boring if it was the same old civ over and over.

This mod looks amazing.

This mod also looks very intimidating to get installed and up and running properly... should a complete techno-idiot like myself wait until there is a bonafide stable version out?

I figure the fewer steps the better - i.e. for tech-challenged folks like myself it would be great to just unzip a folder directly into the Warlords Mod folder and be done with it (i.e. vs. fixing this file, or patching that, or clearing this cache, etc. - I always manage to screw that up royally).

Thanks

Especially if I want the rest of my family to play this via MP...

I, like you, am waiting for it to be one simple zipped mod file, I can dump into Warlords mod folder, and be done with it... I can't wait for this day!:)

John

BTW, love the Mark Twain quote :D

Thanks, I got the idea from the simpsons.

I'd also like to register my extreme appreciation for this mod, which is by far the best I've played. I'm so addicted, I played it until 1:00am one evening.

One suggestion: would it be possible to add in the 'Revolution' Mod? Because I think it would improve the mod yet further.

This mod looks amazing.

Especially if I want the rest of my family to play this via MP...

I, like you, am waiting for it to be one simple zipped mod file, I can dump into Warlords mod folder, and be done with it... I can't wait for this day!:)

It's already a very easy install. They created an Installer program.

You just download the installer, and run it. It automatically creates the correct Mod folder, and extracts all the files into it.

Then you download the patch to 2.1 and that is the only one you have to Extract yourself, by extracting it to your ViSa mod folder which the 2.0 installer created.

And you're done. It's as simple as that.

It's already a very easy install. They created an Installer program.

You just download the installer, and run it. It automatically creates the correct Mod folder, and extracts all the files into it.

Then you download the patch to 2.1 and that is the only one you have to Extract yourself, by extracting it to your ViSa mod folder which the 2.0 installer created.

And you're done. It's as simple as that.

Yeah, but having read through some of the posts (granted only a few), I've read suggestions of "have you tried clearing your cache", "you should clear this folder"...

I mean I don't mean to sound ungrateful or petty - this is a mod i am looking forward to - but i just don't have the confidence i'll get it right without screwing up my whole game folder...

i've been through that painful process a number of times.

i guess the real question i was asking was simply, will there be a final version which just unzips straight into the Warlords Mod folder at some point in time (i.e. incorporating all the patches and changes)?

Yeah, but having read through some of the posts (granted only a few), I've read suggestions of "have you tried clearing your cache", "you should clear this folder"...

I mean I don't mean to sound ungrateful or petty - this is a mod i am looking forward to - but i just don't have the confidence i'll get it right without screwing up my whole game folder...

i've been through that painful process a number of times.

i guess the real question i was asking was simply, will there be a final version which just unzips straight into the Warlords Mod folder at some point in time (i.e. incorporating all the patches and changes)?

If memory serves me correctly...there is an option in the auto-installer that asks if you want it to clear your cache for you...so you really have nothing to worry about or to remember to do to get it right.

Just keep clicking next as the installer proceeds, and make sure to read the options as they present themselves.

It took me all of 15 minutes to download and install both the ViSa mod & patch.

The only thing you have to do manually in any way shape or form is to change the "; Specify a Mod folder" section of your Warlods civilization.ini file from:
Mod = 0
to
Mod = mods/ViSa

Doing this allows the ViSa mod to be loaded by default every time you insert your Warlords CD.

If memory serves me correctly...there is an option in the auto-installer that asks if you want it to clear your cache for you...so you really have nothing to worry about or to remember to do to get it right.

Just keep clicking next as the installer proceeds, and make sure to read the options as they present themselves.

It took me all of 15 minutes to download and install both the ViSa mod & patch.

The only thing you have to do manually in any way shape or form is to change the "; Specify a Mod folder" section of your Warlods civilization.ini file from:
Mod = 0
to
Mod = mods/ViSa

Doing this allows the ViSa mod to be loaded by default every time you insert your Warlords CD.

OK, i may bite.

1) where exactly do you uninstall the Patch? Straight into the new VISA MODS folder? - i.e. not another subfolder of the VISA MOD folder?

2) i've read that its best to clear the WARLORDS -> MY CUSTOM GAMES folder -> does that mean i should delete the entire thing? or leave the MY CUSTOM GAMES folder alone

... still, i'd feel better once any and all bugs are sorted out with a final version... i'm totally willing to wait for an "idiot-proof" version.

Top Bottom