[MOD][WARLORDS] ViSa Modpack

Hello Seady.

Before doing that myself, did you clear your cache before
each game ? because if you did I'll probably reinstall mine too.

Bug report

Due to culture leak through trade routes (seemingly), the total nationality sometimes overwlows 100%. In most cases it doesn't influence the gameplay much, but sometimes it achieves the values like 500% and the city starts revolving for "we want to join motherland!" reason.

I think, it is clear from the attached picture. One turn before this screenshot was taken, there was "0% tibetian" only.

I like the idea of the culture leak. But until the problem is resolved, I play with the culture leak option turned off.

Must be something in TheLopez code....we didn't change it really.

I found a lot of the problems i had with slow loading went away when i uninstalled totally then reinstalled.

Only possible reason for slow loading is stuff in Custom Assets or not using FPK files.

Hello Seady.

Before doing that myself, did you clear your cache before
each game ? because if you did I'll probably reinstall mine too.

As above, clean install with FPK instead of 15,000 art files takes load times from 5-10 minutes to 30-60 seconds or however fast plain Warlords loads :)

First of all let me thank you for this great mod :thumbsup:.

Now to the main reason for my posting: the foreign language incompatibility of this mod . I managed to make it work with other languages or to be more precise to make it work with the german version (I also translated some more stuff into german, mainly the units, buildings and techs but didn't translated the pedia stuff nor the new diplomacy stuff and the civs also need some more translation). In the other 3 languages (french, spanish, italian) there`s also no more missing text but as I didn't have the time to copy the english text most of the new stuff will display only as 'not translated' in these languages. Get the files here (replace the Text folder in the ViSa/xml directory).

Another thing that you probably already know and corrected for the next version is the mislinked txt keys for some new civics (see attached screenshot).

Attachments

• Zwischenablage01.jpg
    Zwischenablage01.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 125
Are there any maps built for this mod?

Read the first post, it has a link.

First of all let me thank you for this great mod :thumbsup:.

Now to the main reason for my posting: the foreign language incompatibility of this mod . I managed to make it work with other languages or to be more precise to make it work with the german version (I also translated some more stuff into german, mainly the units, buildings and techs but didn't translated the pedia stuff nor the new diplomacy stuff and the civs also need some more translation). In the other 3 languages (french, spanish, italian) there`s also no more missing text but as I didn't have the time to copy the english text most of the new stuff will display only as 'not translated' in these languages. Get the files here (replace the Text folder in the ViSa/xml directory).

Another thing that you probably already know and corrected for the next version is the mislinked txt keys for some new civics (see attached screenshot).

First post states only ENGLISH and I don't see that changing any time soon, sorry. I will look at those files but we are very particular in what we merge so things remain stable.

And that screenshot just shows a missing Strategy text most of which have been fixed for v3.0

it labels the quote panel, you have the quote for the tech, but the panel itself is not label like units buildings etc.

great mod guys. was wondering when your next patch comes out and if it will have any extra units for the brits? like tornado challanger11 as england seem to lack other civs in the later part of the game.
love the mod by the way this mod made me go buy warlords.

great mod guys. was wondering when your next patch comes out and if it will have any extra units for the brits? like tornado challanger11 as england seem to lack other civs in the later part of the game.
love the mod by the way this mod made me go buy warlords.

I had hoped it would be ready by now, but school and work have taken 99% of our ViSa time so we have a long ways to go yet.

No new units that I know of....

Can someone tell me from where the music comes that is used for the Title screen? It's awsome!

Have to ask keldath, pretty sure he put that together.

How do you integrate another era into ViSa? I can't find any documentation on adding eras (which xml files for example) and am not sure how the genetic era can slot in.

How do you integrate another era into ViSa? I can't find any documentation on adding eras (which xml files for example) and am not sure how the genetic era can slot in.

Well Firaxis tells you which files to edit right in the CIV4EraInfos.XML to remove an Era so those are the files to add an Era as well.

I haven't done it myself but that seems pretty simple....and you can just use WinMerge to compare G Era files to plain Warlords to see every single change if you need to go that far.

Just wanted to post and say THANK YOU for an amazing mod. After a few days of a learning curve figuring out the HUGE amount of changes, I finally have a decent civilization up and running, and am blown away at how good this mod is. Nice work all...

Just wanted to post and say THANK YOU for an amazing mod. After a few days of a learning curve figuring out the HUGE amount of changes, I finally have a decent civilization up and running, and am blown away at how good this mod is. Nice work all...

Thank you...we really enjoy playing and working on it....shame our time is so limited now.

It does take some time to learn most of the things :)

Well Firaxis tells you which files to edit right in the CIV4EraInfos.XML to remove an Era so those are the files to add an Era as well.

I haven't done it myself but that seems pretty simple....and you can just use WinMerge to compare G Era files to plain Warlords to see every single change if you need to go that far.

Thanks for that, i'll tinker with that file and see what happens!

Thanks for that, i'll tinker with that file and see what happens!

Code:
<!-- EraInfo - This structure describes the name and soundtracks for each era. -->
<!-- -->
<!-- MODDERS: Removing ERA's can cause problems if you are not careful. If you must remove them, you need to do the following: -->
<!-- 1. Clean up the references to the ERA's in CIV4BuildingInfos -->
<!-- 2. Clean up the references to the ERA's in CIV4TechInfos -->
<!-- 3. Clean up the references to the ERA's in CIV4LeaderHeadInfos -->
<!-- 4. Clean up the references to the ERA's in CIV4CityLSystem -->
<!-- 5. Clean up the references to the ERA's in CIV4PlotLSystem -->
<!-- Good luck! -->

Be sure to hit all those files.

And with the G Era compare to plain Warlords....just search for 'Genetic Era' :eek:

I've noticed the further I get in the game, the slower the game goes between turns. Is there a fix or patch for this? I am running a 2.8 Ghz comp with 2.4 gigs of RAM. It is NOT my computer guys.

Top Bottom