[MOD][WARLORDS] ViSa Modpack

Don't buy a new graphics card yet. The error you mentioned is very unspecific and could emerge from all kinds of things. Forsaken got the error when he had a hraphics driver problem, I once got the error when I tried to load a savegame when I had an incompatible mod in CustomAssets. Unfortunately, this info will barely help you pinpoint it ... :(

Well no mod goes with out it's faults I guess. However I still need to know... how do I fix my game so that when loading the mod I dont get an error? It says... like "the program has requested to close the program in an unusual way" or something to that effect...

Psyringe is right, it might very well have nothing to do with the graphics card...and I would try new/old drivers long before buying a new one anyways.

G ERA UPDATE

The G Era guys released their v.30 source code today to me so we can include v.30 instead of v.25!!!!

They are in the middle of v.40 and understandably so they don't have it in a state to hand out...even to other modders.

Unfortunately I can't guess at when ViSa v3.0 will be ready, but it will be 2007 for sure....although we might get a pre v3.0 with just the G Era (none of the other 13-14 modcomps) out to select testers/posters to help with balancing.

has anyone else had problems with difrents civs having blank flags and if so is there a fix for it

PS as i said it sounds like a driver problem not exactly a graphics card problem
depending on how old the card is newer drivers arent always better or your settings could need a changing too i have about the cheapest graphics card out nividia mx 4000 i believe and it plays civ,wow,black and white,dungeon siege 2. i eventully had to use some older moded drivers before i stoped having graphics problems, atleast any major ones. :)

has anyone else had problems with difrents civs having blank flags and if so is there a fix for it

PS as i said it sounds like a driver problem not exactly a graphics card problem
depending on how old the card is newer drivers arent always better or your settings could need a changing too i have about the cheapest graphics card out nividia mx 4000 i believe and it plays civ,wow,black and white,dungeon siege 2. i eventully had to use some older moded drivers before i stoped having graphics problems, atleast any major ones. :)

Problems with Civ Flags is almost always because your graphics card can't display the Alpha channel....some other mods change their flags I think for this but we don't do that in ViSa.

Does anyone have a slightly bigger Earthmap than the one made by strategy_only with starting positions...or the same size? Made for this mod of course.

The G Era guys released their v.30 source code today to me so we can include v.30 instead of v.25!!!!

They are in the middle of v.40 and understandably so they don't have it in a state to hand out...even to other modders.

That's threefold good news. :) First that GE v0.30 can be included, second that the reason for their reluctance to hand out their current source code was something so perfectly understandable, and third that they are working on an even better version of GE. :goodjob:

The G Era guys have some very amazing stuff coming...but ViSa is not about major/radical changes to Warlords so I am not sure we will adopt everything in coming versions.

Although they have done a great job so far and I would estimate we are including 90%-95% of the public release.

I hope this is the appropriate place to make requests for added features for this awesome mod. I have two regarding religions:

Is there anyway you could implement Abbamouse's religion mod, or at least add Zoroastrianism? I tried to add Zoroastrianism myself, but I couldn't get it to work.

Could you add the SD Religion tech mod? I managed to merge it with VISA, and it works, mostly. The religions don't show up in the tech tree, but at least I don't accidentally found religions I don't want. I imagine the way I did it was incomplete, and a more fully integrated version would be really neat.

I dont have a link to the druidism mod.... but again I'd like to see it as well as other pagan religions :D

Anyways... if i may backtrack a bit...

Do you know how do I fix it? How do I active a VB service or switch drivers... im totally confused...

when I tryto load the mod i get a runtime error with the C++ library how is this caused?

Runtime Error!

Program: D:\Games\Civilization IV\Warlords\Civ4Warlords.exe

The application has requested the runtime to terminate itself in an unusual way please contatc the yadda yada for details.

Problems with Civ Flags is almost always because your graphics card can't display the Alpha channel....some other mods change their flags I think for this but we don't do that in ViSa.

But some of the flags show up just not all
plus in vanilla they all show up

Was eusebius world religions ever discussed or considered for inclusion? About the only thing this mod lacks so far from playing it is a bit of spice in the religion zone...

PS. Why choose government funded healthcare over herbalism? The cost is much higher for the same benefit. [less unit building!] Is the happiness malus it gives other civilizations worth it?

Can someone look at my save and figure out how/why Inca became so dominant? It's score is over twice the next AI score and it is going to win a space race so I stopped playing. Save attached.

Also make sure to look at it's size 43 capital, that is frigging incredible. Notice that during the course of the entire game the AI only chose to declare war on me, or declared war on another AI once a result of a defensive pact [then canaceleed the pact? LAME]

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/64593/Sovietof17_AD-1818.CivWarlordsSave

About Memory Allocation Error

I've noticed the following regarding this error:

1. I mostly get it when playing continents, I think customized continents with huge map size.
Never got it on huge pangaea.

2. It happens with AutoSave, when checking the AUTO directory under saves\single\ I find a corrupted AutoSave file having the size of ~1.5 KB.

3. I've tried to do a QuickSave at the end of each turn and for the last 40 turns didn't get any error, of course as soon as I forgot to quicksave I got the error again.

Could it be that the process of QuickSave prevents the faulty AutoSave from happening ?

Can anyone validate my experience ?

Added later: After playin about 60 turns without any problem as mentioned above I got MAF while doing a QuickSave. So it doesn't work.

G ERA UPDATE

Unfortunately I can't guess at when ViSa v3.0 will be ready, but it will be 2007 for sure....although we might get a pre v3.0 with just the G Era (none of the other 13-14 modcomps) out to select testers/posters to help with balancing.

I'd lvoe to play test although my attempt to get past the problems with the domestic advisor came to naught. I'm quite familiar with both mods. :)

Ok. Here is a "bug" I am dealing with.

I want to ADD some units to the game. However, a very strange thing happens once I add more than three or four new units. Every turn, every time a unit is selected (any unit at all -- not just the new ones) a pop-up menu asks me "What player do you want to improve relations with?"

This is seriously cramping my style because, like you, I consider the work of others a mere platform for my own creativity and I seriously want my new units!!! :)

Can you help?
You have a bug in the XML I am sure....where amoungst the 50,000+ lines I have no idea :p

We have more than enough work just on ViSa so we don't support any mods of ViSa done by others....we will answer what questions we can but we won't troubleshoot somebody else's coding, sorry.

It is very very funny that somebody else has the same strange "bug" as I had! :lol:

The same thing happens once I add more than three new improvements (in my Fair Start mod).

This is not XML error, surely. The problem seems to be in the Great Statesman Python code. I "fixed" this the next way.

Open CvGreatStatesmanGameUtils.py and find the next lines in it:
Code:
	# This method is called when there is some type of action that wasn't handled.
	def cannotHandleAction(self,argsList):
		pPlot = argsList[0]
		iAction = argsList[1]
		bTestVisible = argsList[2]

# Handle the diplomatic relations button pressed action
		if(iAction == DIPLOMATIC_RELATIONS):
			self.__eventDiplomaticsRelationsPopup()

# Handle the start insurrection button pressed action
		if(iAction == START_INSURRECTION):
			self.startInsurrection()

return False

then turn off several lines as below:
Code:
	# This method is called when there is some type of action that wasn't handled.
	def cannotHandleAction(self,argsList):
		pPlot = argsList[0]
		iAction = argsList[1]
		bTestVisible = argsList[2]

# Handle the diplomatic relations button pressed action
		#if(iAction == DIPLOMATIC_RELATIONS):
		#	self.__eventDiplomaticsRelationsPopup()

# Handle the start insurrection button pressed action
		#if(iAction == START_INSURRECTION):
		#	self.startInsurrection()

return False

I have no idea how this changes the Great Statesman behaviour, but this resolves the problem of boring popups.

I hope this is the appropriate place to make requests for added features for this awesome mod. I have two regarding religions:

Is there anyway you could implement Abbamouse's religion mod, or at least add Zoroastrianism? I tried to add Zoroastrianism myself, but I couldn't get it to work.

Could you add the SD Religion tech mod? I managed to merge it with VISA, and it works, mostly. The religions don't show up in the tech tree, but at least I don't accidentally found religions I don't want. I imagine the way I did it was incomplete, and a more fully integrated version would be really neat.

I will add those to the list, but I have no intention of moving religions from their already defined techs....that would just confuse everybody and add to the already large number of techs we have with the G Era added into v3.0

I dont have a link to the druidism mod.... but again I'd like to see it as well as other pagan religions :D

Anyways... if i may backtrack a bit...

Do you know how do I fix it? How do I active a VB service or switch drivers... im totally confused...

No link makes it pretty hard to check it out ;)

I suggest reinstalling Civ, ViSa, video drivers or anything else....I know its not great advice but about all I am good for :p

when I tryto load the mod i get a runtime error with the C++ library how is this caused?

Sounds like an install issue....ViSa v2.1 is very stable in the install and running.

Was eusebius world religions ever discussed or considered for inclusion? About the only thing this mod lacks so far from playing it is a bit of spice in the religion zone...

PS. Why choose government funded healthcare over herbalism? The cost is much higher for the same benefit. [less unit building!] Is the happiness malus it gives other civilizations worth it?

Eusebius was on the mod list but was removed as it changed Civ too much....ViSa is not about radical change...just MORE, MORE, MORE, MORE :lol:

About Memory Allocation Error

I've noticed the following regarding this error:

1. I mostly get it when playing continents, I think customized continents with huge map size.
Never got it on huge pangaea.

2. It happens with AutoSave, when checking the AUTO directory under saves\single\ I find a corrupted AutoSave file having the size of ~1.5 KB.

3. I've tried to do a QuickSave at the end of each turn and for the last 40 turns didn't get any error, of course as soon as I forgot to quicksave I got the error again.

Could it be that the process of QuickSave prevents the faulty AutoSave from happening ?

Can anyone validate my experience ?

Added later: After playin about 60 turns without any problem as mentioned above I got MAF while doing a QuickSave. So it doesn't work.

MAF is ANY save, not just autosave actually.

Bug report

Due to culture leak through trade routes (seemingly), the total nationality sometimes overwlows 100%. In most cases it doesn't influence the gameplay much, but sometimes it achieves the values like 500% and the city starts revolving for "we want to join motherland!" reason.

I think, it is clear from the attached picture. One turn before this screenshot was taken, there was "0% tibetian" only.

I like the idea of the culture leak. But until the problem is resolved, I play with the culture leak option turned off.

Attachments

• Immigr_bug.jpg
    Immigr_bug.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 125
Top Bottom