[MODCOMP] Mercenaries Mod

In your case they should be in c:\dokumente und einstellungen\eigen dateien\my games\civ4\Logs ... I think.

I have an english version of Civ4 you have a german version of civ4 so I didn't have the same directory structure you do so I had to recreate your directory structure.

Thats horrible! Firaxis make no use of the registry? Does this mean e-mail games trans lingual would have there the same problem? I didnt had one yet.

It looks to be that way...

Ok, you were right: Something happens in game not during loading or saving. The contracted out list and the available units list are now empty. While the contract out button in the main window is still there.

Here are all the log files and the saved game before and after the bug.

Another question, should the mercenary messages stored in the event logs and if in which one (combat or event-log)?

One thing, what version of the mod are you running?

DanoDavid said:
Ok, you were right: Something happens in game not during loading or saving. The contracted out list and the available units list are now empty. While the contract out button in the main window is still there.

Here are all the log files and the saved game before and after the bug.

Another question, should the mercenary messages stored in the event logs and if in which one (combat or event-log)?

Do you have any saved games prior to 1685? I think the issue actually happened prior to that. Did you ever get a message where one of your mercenaries died in the service of someone else?

Forget to answer your question:

Im not sure because im not always look on the left side for the messages. But in the event logs (in game) was none.

Can you do me a favor, can you run through your earlier saved game Mercenary Montezuma AD-0120.Civ4SavedGame but before you do that change the line:
Code:
g_bDebug = false
to:
Code:
g_bDebug = true
in the MercenaryUtils.py and CvMercenaryManager.py files and reupload your logs?

Thanks

Until the bug happens. I need to see all of the pre and post conditions of your units to root-cause the issue.

Here are the new logs.

And can you answer me the question if the mercenary messages should be stored in one of the ingame logs? I didnt saw one yet (in the logs!)

No, mercenary messages are not being stored in the ingame log.

Would be a nice thing for future updates, because the messages disappearing a little fast and they are already popup while the what-to-build-screen on the beginning of a turn is opened.

Good news, I think I found the problem. I'll try to fix it and push out the new version tonight.

And i'm going to test it ;)!

Would be nice if you change the m-key activation in this update!

By the way, what was the problem. If im able to understand it. I have only a little expierence in python yet.

Top Bottom