[MODCOMP] Mercenaries Mod

Hi,
Is this mod compatible with Civ4 : BTS ?
(i checked, it does not work on mine, but maybe it's only me)

Is there a BTS specific version of the mod ?

I checked what was integrated in the Rhye's and fall mod (where the mercenaries work) but it's quite different from the package provided here and it is not as easy to integrate in another mod.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks keldath, i ll check it out.
I ve been working on this mercenary mod for the afternoon, nearly got it to work doing some copy/paste and old style (print) debugging but i ll give up for today. Basically the original mercenaries mod from this thread can't work "as is" with BTS since its modified files does not contain the corporation screen stuff and because some of the python functions signatures changed since last civ 4 version (backward compatibility is so overrated...).

Another question, if anyone knows, is there any chance to make that sort of mod to work in Multiplayer game ? that would definitely be interesting.

I finally got it, it seems to work with BTS.
If anyone can check it out and provide me feedback, i would appreciate.
I've put it temporarily on my own file server, until i found a more permanent solution.

The links is :

http://dunad.dyndns.org/civ4/Mercenaries Mod-V0.6.1-BTS.zip

(By the way, if anyone can tell me how/where i could attach this "mod component" somewhere on civfanatics forum/database, it would help)

If you get it to work, would you please post your files? Sorry I can't help with the XML errors, I'm too new at coding.

...btw. its not as easy as a simple MERGE either with WinMerge.

Why not? if it is already compatible with 3.19 what breaks the WinMerge method? also, I bet if you released the updated version to the community, you'd probably get more help with merging it into your own mod

Why not? if it is already compatible with 3.19 what breaks the WinMerge method? also, I bet if you released the updated version to the community, you'd probably get more help with merging it into your own mod

Main reason is MY mod, it has a completely different FinanceAdvisor, and then you need to re-do all the Event/Screen/Game Interfaces cause mine again is quite different. Its just a matter of adding alot of those into ONE file (or something like that) is all, and i cant do python, sorry.

Well, like I said, I bet more people would be willing to help you merge it more quickly if you just released it to the community without the "help me first" demand

@stregetyonly
Any updates on this?

Eh; this mod is too buggy to be worth your while. I got it to work a while back, but it has so many bugs that it's just not worth getting to work. Better off building it from scratch if you want something like this.

Top Bottom