1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Modding] What Mods will you be creating?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Creation & Customization' started by Ryika, May 27, 2016.

?

I'm a modder (or will become one) and I'll create...

Poll closed Oct 31, 2016.
  1. ...historical Civilizations!

60.0%
  2. ...Fantasy-Civilizations!

22.7%
  3. ...Buildings!

14.7%
  4. ...Wonders! (Better go learn some 3d-modelling then)

13.3%
  5. ...a Gameplay Overhaul!

12.7%
  6. ...a Total Conversion!

8.0%
  7. ...a Balance Mod!

8.7%
  8. ...new Gameplay Mechanics!

16.7%
  9. ...an Interface Mod!

10.0%
  10. ...something completely different that I'll talk about in my own post!

12.0%
  11. ...Warcraft Civilizations, too - and they'll be better than yours, Ryika!

2.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. The Kings Raven

The Kings Raven Chieftain

The mods I plan to make are

A Fundamentalism government type. They'll get a bonus to spying against cities with at least one pop of their religion and a legacy bonus that increases yields from pillaging. 4 military, 2 diplomatic, 2 wildcard

A Donald Trump alternative leader for America. I'm not attempting to make a serious or balanced mod - I just thought this one might be fun. He'd gain extra policies when using an outdated government type to represent trump's outdated values. Industrial districts would get bonus production from adjacent districts and increase the appeal of neighbouring tiles "I will be the best jobs president". Finally his unique improvement, The Wall, blocks movement by rival religious units.

An Israel Civ mod. This civ is designed to play tall but with a core mechanic of a diaspora (of sorts, obviously the mechanic will not require them to be invaded) that lets them claim tiles outside their borders and use them boost their primary cities.

2. senshidenshi

senshidenshi Switched the Red and Blue channels

Thought I might as well list the mods I'm interested in doing, in likely order of completion :p:

• The Netherlands (Willem van Oranje)
    • Indonesia (Sukarno)
    • The Anishinaabe (Pontiac)
    • Haiti (Toussaint Louverture)
    • Hausa (Amina)
    • The Muisca (Nemequene)
    • Pakistan (Jinnah)
    • Korea (Sejong)
    • Siam (Taksin) [Alternate leader of sukritact's no-doubt phenomenal eventual mod]

3. Acken

Acken Deity

The closer we get to release the more a civ6 version of my AI+balance mod seem necessary.

4. SpaceCommunist

SpaceCommunist Warlord

Considering the username and avatar, I think it's pretty obvious Ima do some commie mods, including:
    • Lenin and Stalin for Russia (depending on vanilla Russia's final stats I may just end up doing a complete overhaul and throw those two in with it)
    • Erich Honecker for Germany
    • Cuba, with everybody's favourite Caribbean revolutionary, Fidel Castro
    • Mao Zedong (Tse Tung?) for China
    Outside of those, of course, there are other plans I've had in mind:
    • Ivan IV of Russia (again, may be part of an overhaul depending on Russia's final stats)
    • Jose Marti (probably included with Fidel in the Cuba mod)
    • Lincoln (because why not?)
    • A mod to switch America's UU to the B-17. Might make changes to the Film Studio too.
    • Papa Franku civ (nobody said we couldn't have joke civs ;P)
    • Probably a Christmas-themed civ some time around...well, Christmas.

5. DevC

DevC Chieftain

If I get into modding I will probably just make historical Civs my ideas so far are

Nazi Germany-Hitler (Yeah I know controversial but someone is bound to do it at some point)
    Vatican City- Pope John Paul II (One of the most well known popes, I could have used any pope really to make the Papal States/Vatican City but he will probably be the most well-known to new players)
    Byzantium- Justinian I (Just for an Eastern counterpart to Trajan)
    Macedonia-Alexander The Great (Because conquering is fun)
    Confederate States of America- Jefferson Davis (Considering swapping this out for Robert E Lee since hes more well known)

6. SpaceCommunist

SpaceCommunist Warlord

Be careful when making that Alexander mod, you might just start another war in the Balkans

7. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

If I ever manage to check out Civ 6 and it still has Lua, I might make something about improving great generals and admirals with the likes..

8. notque

notque Artificially Intelligent

First mod I'm interested in is civilian units being able to stack.

9. Nomad or What

Nomad or What Wayfarer Supporter

10. Hiram

Hiram XML Plebian

11. Jarim

Jarim Chieftain

Definately want to make a quote-overhaul. The current ones are just aweful and I dont know half of the people quoted since Im not american.

Other than that, Id like to make new leaders for Germany (and/or german Civ-variants). Barbarossa is quite nice, but I cant play Civ as Germany without beeing able to play as Bismarck. xD
    Maybe a EU-Civ also... hm.

12. Ikael

Ikael King

- Small balance, low-key patch (so I get familiarized with how modding works in Civ 6)

- Balancing mod for making sea tiles and coastatal cities competitive VS inland ones. This will include a great rebalancing / overhaul of many existing wonders and buildings, as well as the addition of many new buildings for the coastal city center. This will be my first mod, most likely

- Re-balance mod for different civs / leaders. A more historically accurate representation of Russia and a buff to some underpowered civs will be in order

- New civs, of course. On the top of my head: Turkey, Persia, Etiopia, Mali, Gran Colombia, Hawaii, Portugal and Pueblo. Will need to search for good artists / collaborators, or else they will look quite barebones! :S

- New leaders too. Already got a hefty list, it shouldn't be too much complicated (I hope)

- New wonders... if I get myself to learn 3D modelling one of these days >.<

13. isau

isau Deity

Way back in Civ IV I started a mod called Saints and Sinners (it's still my avatar icon). It functioned ok but I hit a major bug at some point that caused game crashes I could never fix, so I abandoned it. If I have time I may revisit a smaller version of that mod.

The mod had a bunch of features, but the main thing I'd want to recreate is the Conspiracy Victory, which was a victory type tied to Espionage. Since Civ VI has Faith as a resource and detailed religion spreading mechanics, the Conspiracy victory is much more doable now than before.

The idea of the Conspiracy Victory is to discretely gain control over the world. In some ways I suppose its similar to the Civ VI religious victory, but that main difference is the conspiracies are tied to Ancient Wonders, and the rule was (since the whole idea is to be secretive) the owner of the Wonder cannot also own the Cult associated with it. (In Civ IV, I also required the Wonder to have become obselete, but that's not a thing in Civ 6). For example, if a neighbor builds Stonehenge, you can sneak in and form a cult around that Wonder and attempt to spread its influence world wide. But you can never take the city by force, and the owner of the Wonder can constantly attempt to determine whether a cult has been formed around their Wonder and thwart you.

The Victory type has two main purposes: to make Espionage an active end-game, and also to add interest to peaceful games. Wonder-builders beware: eyes are watching you. And it might very much be in the interest of the Cult to have the city change hands a few times, to create chaos, while operating discretely from the outside.

14. Chinese American

Chinese American Hamtastic Knight

i'm thinking we need more city micromanagement. or at least make the city screen more lively and human, and not just a bunch of numbers. in the old games, they showed a citizen icon for every population in your city. this tells you if they're happy, what their specializations are, etc. Civ 5 & 6 removed these humane side and makes cities unexciting.