[Modding] What Mods will you be creating?

I'm a modder (or will become one) and I'll create...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm debating about whether to attempt to create a mod-scenario spanning 600 AD to 800/900 AD. I just like the idea of having one player build up an Arabian empire while another player builds up a Chinese empire over ~ 100 turns, then having the two humans fight it out in central asia for ~100 turns.

And by debating, I mean I'm dreaming about what design decisions to make and stuff. So it'll probably be attempted. My main fear is that once again I'll bite off more than I can chew, leading to nothing (of note) ever being released.

Having played a few civ V LANs, more than anything I'd like some kind of shorter multiplayer experience. I'm hoping mod-scenario's will be the answer to that.

Im not sure howd it work. But i might try making an end game crisis event. Namely THE GREAT MISTAKE from civ be. Idk i guess itll start small with 20 nukes flying across the map, the water level rising with random flat tiles turning into coast (not cities), and mass migration of citizens. Then itll get worse till youre forced to flee.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

After much speculation over the requirements, I've decided that if the tools and requirements aren't overly frustrating, I'll likely try to make an Equestria civilization led by Twilight Sparkle. I've needed an excuse to get into modeling anyways, and flat-color ponies seem like a smarter choice than more detailed human models.

By far the most useful Civ5 mod was the HB map script that pretty much *always* gave you a really good map with all the required features and whatnot, making base game map scripts really bad in comparison, so I'm hoping Civ6 will either not need that or make it easy to mod that particular bit

I've already said this in one of the threads on the other Civ VI forum, but Rising Sun is definitely coming back. Don't expect ten civs in the first release this time though, Civ VI looks a bit harder to mod atm.

(Why am I even saying this? Rising Sun only had about one fan in Civ V...)

Definitely gonna see if we can replace the blue map in the background on the loading screens with civ-specific maps >: (

^^^ a wild kerfuffle appears :)!

I haven't been wandering too far from c&c, though I've taken some peeks into there every now and then :D

Only did a few small mods for Civ 5 but would love to try my hand at something larger. Perhaps adding an Economic Victory condition with associated buildings and possible civics.
Win conditions could be related to having a combination of the following:

1. Having an economy equal to the size of all other civs.
2. Have founded an IMF or World Bank type institution. Would be available in the late game through the civics tree I'd imagine.
3. Have access to all luxury resources (from within your borders or from trade deals with other civs).
4. Have a current trade deal with all other civs.

Top Bottom