Modified Scenarios Workshop

I do not recall any scenario where the coastal graphic is made of the desert palette rather than grasslands. Does anyone know if such graphics exist?

I'm not near my computer, but I'd try al aurens or the various scenarios on the afrika corps. That or Allard's "River War" I believe.

Hi all,

Field Marshal Klesh’s World War II scenario “Stalingrad” has been converted for ToT and can be downloaded from the CivFanatics download section located here.

I would like to thank Fairline for the use of his latest collection of WWII German/Russian graphics, in addition to the following set of units, Pavlov’s House, Russian Guard Sniper, Sig 33B, Sturmtruppen, which he updated specifically for this scenario.

Hi all,

Field Marshal Klesh’s World War II scenario “Stalingrad” has been converted for ToT and can be downloaded from the CivFanatics download section located here.

I would like to thank Fairline for the use of his latest collection of WWII German/Russian graphics, in addition to the following set of units, Pavlov’s House, Russian Guard Sniper, Sig 33B, Sturmtruppen, which he updated specifically for this scenario.

I don't think I've ever played this one. Thanks for converting it!

Do you recall if the roads are supposed to have infinite movement points like railroads or is this an issue with the ToTPP conversion?

I can only speak for myself, of course, but I very much enjoyed playing FMK's scenario. The conversion to ToT along with Fairline's units and Curt and Catfish terrain graphics just help bring it to life even more.

Do you recall if the roads are supposed to have infinite movement points like railroads or is this an issue with the ToTPP conversion?

I'm not certain I understand the question. There are only road tiles in the scenario and they act like normal roads, in this case with a road mulitplier of 4. This is how they behaved throughout my playthrough, without exception.

I'm not certain I understand the question. There are only road tiles in the scenario and they act like normal roads, in this case with a road mulitplier of 4. This is how they behaved throughout my playthrough, without exception.

See here https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/problems-with-pre-totpp-scenarios.643862/

Maybe if you change the \@Cosmic2 entry in the rules in the 'base' folder, the game looks there if there is no entry in the particular scenario. I think I discovered that for a game.txt entry when I was messing around with making non settlers irrigate or something, and I tried to get rid of the 'this unit can't irrigate' message.

Okay, I understand now. Yes, this problem can occur if you are using ToTPP version 0.151.

But I tested and designed the conversion to work with version 0.131 and in this case, the road/rivers behaved normally.

As such, if your ToT is set up to work with a later version of ToTPP, I recommend you have a separate ToT instance set up for ToTPP 0.131 as I have done.

EDIT: I updated the download section to only reference ToTPP version 0.131

Last edited:
Okay, I understand now. Yes, this problem can occur if you are using ToTPP version 0.151.

But I tested and designed the conversion to work with version 0.131 and in this case, the road/rivers behaved normally.

As such, if your ToT is set up to work with a later version of ToTPP, I recommend you have a separate ToT instance set up for ToTPP 0.131 as I have done.

EDIT: I updated the download section to only reference ToTPP version 0.131

Hi Tootall -

I was mostly curious to see if adding the following would fix it:

MovementMultipliers, 4
RailroadMultiplier, 4
RiverMultiplier, 4
AlpineMultiplier, 4

It did. So that is another workaround if someone doesn't want to go find an older version of ToTPP.

Hi John,

Thanks for the tip. It's great to hear there is a simple work around to fix the problem post-ToTPP 0.131.

To be honest, I actuality worked on the conversion almost 2 years ago but was uncertain, at the time, whether I should try and complete parts IV and V of the scenario. Then came Napoléon and I sort of put the idea on the back burner.

In the end, I decided against attempting to do, if for no other reason that I didn't have access to either his intentions or research on how he wanted to carry out the final two phases.

After taking a very long break from Civilization this summer, I decided recently to take advantage of Fairline's most recent WWII collection and simply update the unit graphics and release the converted scenario as is.

Hi Tech,

I typically always install the scenarios in the root directory of my Test of Time set up. For example:

C:\Sid Meier's Civilization Chronicles\Civilization II Test of Time\Stalingrad_ToT

All the scenario's files remain within its own folder and therefore don't effect or overwrite the games files. It's certainly never caused me any problems.

To avoid confusion, would you prefer I say:
You may place the scenario folder in the root directory of your Test Of Time game

P.S.: I think you meant tootall but wrote Gapetit :)

It's a logical assumption as he's responsible for so many great conversions! :king:

To make the scenario compatible with 0.151, I will try to update the @cosmic2 section of the rules.txt files as John recommended and re-upload the scenario sometime this weekend.

Last edited:
Hi all,

As indicated, the @cosmic2 section of the rules files of FMK's Stalingrad scenario have been updated to include the MovementMultipliers. This should now make the scenario compatible to play with ToTPP version 0.151 as well. The newest version of the scenario can now be downloaded from the same location here.

Taking advantage of the Fairline and Tanelorn units of the WarHammer world, I have turned tot, the only scenario performed ... and in French :D. There are many modifications left and I have never played WH, so if someone can give me clues or contribute more units, I will be delighted.
And it wouldn't be a good idea to switch to Orcs, the greens? There are already units by Tanelorn and they are cooler
Are the flags correct?

Attachments

• WarHammer.rar
    1.8 MB · Views: 182
Top Bottom