Modified Vanilla Hotseat Game

Ahahah, the battlefield of the Curonian Spit is left for the Saxons! Yes, they suffered heavy losses, but the battle was worth it. The cowardly Slavs hid in their pathetic ports. )

The brave captains of the Saxon ships were awarded the knighthood. )
KMO_088734_01452_1_t222_205208.jpg

Attachments

• os_a1140.rar
    72.2 KB · Views: 169
SLAVS-HELLENES-CELTS 1140 A.D.
The BAttle for control of the Baltic has only just begun! :viking:

Of course, of course ...) In the meantime, the glorious Saxon pirates are resting ...)
iz_m_f_ostrov_sokrovish_knizhka_pro_piratov.png

(I'm done for today. I can make my move tomorrow morning. And also 1 or 2 moves tomorrow night ...)

Attachments

• os_a1160.rar
    72.4 KB · Views: 164
Today, the whole day was far from the PC ...)

Attachments

• os_a1180.rar
    72.7 KB · Views: 180
Sounds like time well spent! I have a theory that the Northern Europan countries came to dominate the world, not due to any inherent superiority, but due to having plenty of time spent in the cold-hard winters, planning how to improve their lot. When the temperatures rise we just tend to kick back and enjoy life :D

Sounds like time well spent! I have a theory that the Northern Europan countries came to dominate the world, not due to any inherent superiority, but due to having plenty of time spent in the cold-hard winters, planning how to improve their lot. When the temperatures rise we just tend to kick back and enjoy life :D

In real history, this argument is hardly applicable. Since natural conditions, similar to Western and Northern Europe, are quite widespread in the world. Most likely, real "West Europeans" were "at the right time, in the right place." )

In our game, the "northern nations" became dominant only because of a very definite concrete set of "wonders of the world", which I, as the "guiding supreme Divine Force", endowed them with. The power of the Saxons in this game could have a game of any of my three nations, which I would like. Civilization 2 is a very simple game. At the level of the "deity" in the game, the civilization that controls the wonders of the world, responsible for the "happiness of the inhabitants", wins. The main wonder - is Michelangelo. Whoever has it - that inevitably wins. The second most important is Bach. For example, my Turks, who control it, very good "feel" themselves in the game, judging by the schedule. Latins, which by my will did not get any of the wonders of the world responsible for "happiness" - a backward depressed nation that the Saxons and Turks periodically have to subsidize ...)

1.jpg

Of course, on this map there is a certain small imbalance in the distribution of resources. I have already mentioned a lot for myself, what needs to be corrected in the new edition of the map. However, I think that the Latins and the Greeks were on the "roadside of history" in our game, not because of "bad resources", but rather because of my and your mistakes when starting the cities. In the initial "jump", I very badly and erroneously placed my first 7 cities for latin. These my mistakes provoked their further lag. As a result, I decided not to give latin good wonders of the world. They were concentrated in the Saxons and Turks, to which I mostly good placed the starting cities well.

Last edited:
SLAVS-HELLENES-CELTS 1180 A.D.
I tried to start playing last night but I was too drunk/tired after going to a barbecue, hence my ramblings about the historical development of European civilization :lol:

I agree with your assessment. Having not played the original game extensively in years I underestimated the importance of the happiness wonders. Keeping my people from rioting has been a constant battle. I made some mistakes with my initial city placement, especially with the Hellenes. This has been a learning experience for me!

Attachments

• 1180AD.zip
    84.3 KB · Views: 172
I tried to start playing last night but I was too drunk/tired after going to a barbecue, hence my ramblings about the historical development of European civilization :lol:

I agree with your assessment. Having not played the original game extensively in years I underestimated the importance of the happiness wonders. Keeping my people from rioting has been a constant battle. I made some mistakes with my initial city placement, especially with the Hellenes. This has been a learning experience for me!
In the Vanilla game, a civilization with a derth of great civic gardener-engineers, no big sources of religious inspiration or conviction, lack of access to the high theatre, women who can't vote, and a population dropping dead of cancer tend not to be optimally happy... :p

Last edited:
Like a game of mine where the Persians had a 25 year life expectancy and a military service of 32 years?:mischief:

So maybe we should finish this game with your honorable surrender? ..)
309027.jpeg

And start again, taking into account and correcting all the mistakes.

Or you want to still bring the game to the inevitable finale ... ..)

112945.jpg

Attachments

• os_a1200.rar
    73.3 KB · Views: 150
I made some mistakes, but I'm not finished. Not by a long stretch. We haven't even had a serious war yet! I'm keeping up with science & my cities are multiplying. I don't see the outcome as inevitable in the least!

Ok, as you say. We will play to the full and unconditional surrender. )

image (1).jpg

If you want, we can agree, not build a spaceship (since most likely I'll build it first). Victory will be determined in the war. At your discretion, as you decide. )

That sounds like a good idea. Spaceships would be pointless at this point. You would win that race easily. Militarily, I think I have a few tricks up my sleeve!

For comparison, you currently have 172 cities to my 132 and 436 units to my 285.

Size.png

SLAVS-HELLENES-CELTS 1200 A.D.
Slavic Pirates raid deep in Turkish territory

Attachments

• 1200AD.zip
    84.9 KB · Views: 151
An unknown error occurred while saving your game 1200AD.hot

I download the game as usual: start multiplayer game - hotseat game - load saved game. Next, I press the INTER to end the turn for the Celts. Instead of the turn of the Saxons, the game produces the moves of all nations (Saxon-Latin-Turks-Slavs-Greeks) and the Celtic move begins again. I have to close the game by using the Ctrl + Alt + Del to not see your Celts. Apparently, in your preservation set to single-player mode, and AI plays for all nations, except for the Celts. Perhaps, you changed something in your preservation, when you looked at statistics on cities and units. I usually use the sequence for this: Internet game is a multiplayer game. The strange thing is that your preservation has an extension HOT...

Apologies. I thought I had checked that I'd added back all the players after using the cheat menu to transfer money and units, but I obviously didn't. If this ever happens again just press Control & J and add back each nation. I will try not to forget again.

Attachments

• 1200AD.zip
    84.9 KB · Views: 158
That sounds like a good idea. Spaceships would be pointless at this point. You would win that race easily. Militarily, I think I have a few tricks up my sleeve!

Ok. Let's agree not to build the Project Apollo. No this wonder of the world in the game - there is no spaceship.

Attachments

• os_a1220.rar
    73.6 KB · Views: 151
Top Bottom