Dune Wars: Revival

[modmod] DuneWars Revival 1.10 (Windows Installer)

Awesome news!
Glad to see someone took on improving this wonderful mod further :)
And Deliverator is also helping you with ideas, all the art and other stuff. Wonderful :king:

Atomics

theres a small python code that does something like this that chages tiles to water after explotion, its called planet buster, its in a thread called the_j something.

only downside i know bout it that its not multiplayer friendly.

Why is it not multiplayer friendly? Is there something wrong with changing plot types in multiplayer that I'm missing? Does any one know?

The Spacing Guild was definitely in Dune Wars 1.2 but gone by 1.4. They weren't very fleshed out concept-wise compared to the current factions.

Well, I can't find a link to that version, if it is going to be created , it would have to be done from scratch, but it could indeed be created as another faction maybe.

Why is it not multiplayer friendly? Is there something wrong with changing plot types in multiplayer that I'm missing? Does any one know?

i remember long time ago that it caused me oos, but not sure it was years ago.

say - any chance of getting some ai code from kmod?

i remember long time ago that it caused me oos, but not sure it was years ago.

say - any chance of getting some ai code from kmod?

I took a brief look at the planetbuster thing after the last post and J made it change plots to ocean. That triggers the erase() function which, as far as I know and think, is only used during map regeneration (in normal practice that is). Maybe its something related to that, but whatever, I guess.

I do take looks at k-mod when changing the AI. Many times its useful, sometimes its not. DW ends up being a different animal from BTS in many things, so a lot has to come from my own effort. But I'll always take some looks at it if it can help.

cool mr.m, well done.

i always liked to play only on mods that are mp compatible, i dunno, some crazy thing i got:)

also, i have faith in kmods ai, in my opinion it is great and stable, but, indeed dune is a different animal.

i await the new version so i can start a game :)

keep up your work mr.m we are with you :)

A minor thing to fix in the mapscripts: I don't think that Botanical Testing stations should appear on the same tile as Outcrops. It just looks odd visually.

Also it might be a nice touch to have a picture event popup when you pop a Botanical Testing Station - mostly because I found this cool piece of artwork!

It can be done.
Send me a link with the art once you're finished. I rather wait if it does not take more than a month. Meanwhile my friends will be giving me some feedback when they can and I've also, after sending you a link, corrected a potential infinite loop from a flawed Better AI code, improved AI collateral units and a few other things.

Also, should religious buildings (temples, altars of shai-hulud etc) still work when the religion in question is no longer present in the city?

Ok, the Golden Path Building will now vanish if you change from the Qizarate Religion.

Btw, for those who would like to play with a large number players, it should be possible next version to play a game that includes more than one instance of the same civ and have everything working as expected.

I would like to avoid the insane AIs from kmod. Fun to play against archer rushes every game.

I would like to avoid the insane AIs from kmod. Fun to play against archer rushes every game.

AIs in k-mod don't do super early archer rushes anymore.
Nevertheless, I don't simply copy paste from k-mod when tweaking the unitAIs, nor would that work. Many things are mine and I don't like a frustrating AI. However, I believe that they should be competent enough, one way or the other, with almost everything (probably an impossible task, btw, considering that free time is not limitless).

I'm just going to focus on the CityAI for now, though, and that'll take quite a while (nothing to do with the next version).

I prefer an AI that plays a personality when it comes to making friends and war. If you improve so that the AI is better at what it does, ie. city micro, worker micro, choosing production moving armies that is all well and good. But when you change so that the AI is "smarter" in diplomacy it is usually pretty boring since building relations with the AI does not matter anymore.

I prefer an AI that plays a personality when it comes to making friends and war. If you improve so that the AI is better at what it does, ie. city micro, worker micro, choosing production moving armies that is all well and good. But when you change so that the AI is "smarter" in diplomacy it is usually pretty boring since building relations with the AI does not matter anymore.

I agree. Mods like MNAI (I also enjoy Ffh2 like many people), for example, suffer from this.

I'm happy that we are in agreement. If you want me to do any c++ stuff you can ask. Dune war is my favourite mod and I'm happy to see that it might come alive again.

I have fight against ecazi bribed ateides ducal guard : bug or feature ? I my mind ducal guard promo shouldn't be keep by another house. (maybe except by a tleilax ghola ? I don't know)

I'm happy that we are in agreement. If you want me to do any c++ stuff you can ask. Dune war is my favourite mod and I'm happy to see that it might come alive again.

Who knows, maybe I'll take you up on it.

I have fight against ecazi bribed ateides ducal guard : bug or feature ? I my mind ducal guard promo shouldn't be keep by another house. (maybe except by a tleilax ghola ? I don't know)

It is a feature. The Ecaz have limited military resources of their own.

I have another special case with this one : I play tleilax, and manage to copy the ducal guard promotion of the ecazi bribed troop, with a face dancer soldier. So Ecaz and tleilax can have more ducal guard than house atreide itself ? it seem a little twisted way to unbalance some house versus the atreides, no ?

Also the tleilax religion has spread itself to an ixian new town, before any other, but without war or conversion. I think tleilax religion couldn't be in a no tleilaxu city ?

I have another special case with this one : I play tleilax, and manage to copy the ducal guard promotion of the ecazi bribed troop, with a face dancer soldier. So Ecaz and tleilax can have more ducal guard than house atreide itself ? it seem a little twisted way to unbalance some house versus the atreides, no ?

OK, although extremely unlikely for that to happen in practice, I'll impose the national limit regarding those mechanics (there should be something in the covert code indeed, now that I think of it, even for the proper civ...).

Also the tleilax religion has spread itself to an ixian new town, before any other, but without war or conversion. I think tleilax religion couldn't be in a no tleilaxu city ?

I allowed some spread chance.

For the things I could never imagine we can change, in the spirit of dune, are shields : could it be possible to make something more true lore ?

like a destructive explosion if laser trooper or lasercanon trooper strike a city with a shield ?

or a suicidal explosion if laser unit attack some elite shielded fighters ? (or vice versa )

a more powerfull protective effect against all non melee attack ?

For the things I could never imagine we can change, in the spirit of dune, are shields : could it be possible to make something more true lore ?

like a destructive explosion if laser trooper or lasercanon trooper strike a city with a shield ?

or a suicidal explosion if laser unit attack some elite shielded fighters ? (or vice versa )

a more powerfull protective effect against all non melee attack ?

What do you mean, that when a laser unit strikes a shield, it hurts itself? If that is it, why would they attack?...

Top Bottom