1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

MODs compatible with Community Balance Patch (CBP)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by vyyt, Jan 29, 2015.

1. YINGCHENG

YINGCHENG Warlord

@Novichok Are you suggesting that CBP is compatible with future worlds mod if I follow your instruction above?

2. Novichok

Novichok Chieftain

I'm not just trying to combine the right mods, I'm running check 50 and try to load the next mod. I just tried to sort out a little where the conflict - the technology was all hanging in its place, but were not connected - it was possible to study the latest technology from the Stone Age. Well, I tried to delete in overhal - i will try install future mod after all need me compatibility mods from this thread (Learned about this topic recently)
    Don't know why, but this mod did textures bugs with icons. Basic variant work normal
    Spoiler bugs with textures with extend version mod :

• Future Worlds
    Crash comes from the loop technology from the balance overhaul and future

Spoiler tech conflcts with future mods :

If comment tech requests in balance overhaul mod crash stopped.

Spoiler change -- Tech Prereqs in (2) Community Balance Overhaul\Balance Changes\Tech\TechChanges.sql :

But techs of future mods not beautifully located in the grid
    Spoiler bad grid for new and old techs :

Sorry for my englush

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  3. Magean

Magean Prince

Sorry for the late answer, I haven't been visiting the forum for a while. If it's not too late, I'm only using full VP (all six components, including Enhanced User Interface), Info Addict (to display historical data) and in these screens, I had RED Unit modpacks and Just Ethnic Diversity, as I as said, but the latter two caused bugs....

4. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

I use Calypso's Basic and Extended Religious Icons since a while and never got the texture bug you get. However my mod folder is not as heavy as yours

5. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

At least, in the "Compatible after tweaking some files" list, an update need to be done. CBO-EE v3 wasn't stable when V4.2 is

6. vyyt

vyyt Deity

Thanks, I removed the version info from the description. The current latest version is perfectly stable, correct?
    When I have time to play again, I want to give this one a try, it looks well thought out, balanced and fun.

7. vyyt

vyyt Deity

Yeah, the graphic glitches in the screenshot look like a very rare memory overflow problem with Nvidia graphic cards which occures for some people when using demanding mods such as VP - happened to myself before. The remedy is to lower a certain graphic setting - unfortunately I cannot remember which one. @Novichok, try lowering all the graphic settings and then gradually increasing them one by one. When the glitches reappear, you know which setting is causing it. You can them resotore therest of thhe settings to the original values.

8. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

I played more than 5 games with CBO-EE 4.2 so far (Huge map / Marathon) Not any trouble occured.
    Balance is an infinite issue where you'll never make everybody happy with the choices. Some arguments still exist about the cost of upgrades or the too narrow gap between Caravel and Carrack. However it's very far of a draft version and the main focus from Infixo is to stick with VP concepts.

I notice you don't mention the amazing Unique City States v1 from Enginseer. It's fully compatible with VP because it's made for VP !
    https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/unique-city-states.607883/

Also, I'm very happy with :

Archaeology Aesthetic Adjustments (v 1)
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=758243269

CIV-Linked Great Generals (v 11)
    https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/civilization-appropriate-great-general-and-admiral.23029/

Show XP in Military Overview (v 2.1)
    https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/show-xp-in-military-overview.25924/

9. documental

documental Chieftain

I'm trying to make various building balanced and compatible with VP. I know from the train station it is possible to have a building require a railroad connection before it can be built.

What's the key to getting a building require a road instead. <RequiresRoad> doesn't work.

10. Marqiz

Marqiz Chieftain

11. Rolaran

Rolaran Chieftain

12. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Yes, BUT I have eras assigned to GPs so that you don't get Elvis in 4000 BCE. Tombhouse Rock. Krazjen said forever ago he'd add a file to update his stuff for CBO, but, ya know...

G

13. Y.O.

Y.O. Warlord

Civ Names by Policies messes up both the espionage menu, and makes the diplomacy menu button not work.

EDIT: Deleting the diplo file in the mod seems to work. Can use the button now.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  14. CrunchMann

CrunchMann Chieftain

I'd like to ask, if there are any plans to get bloublou's "eras" mods into the CBP?

15. busted_bunny

busted_bunny Chieftain

Emigration mod is compatible out of box. But of course, it works not very well with CBP (Unhappines from population, not from new factors), but still fine.

16. vyyt

vyyt Deity

Now this one is a tough one. Technically compatible, but not taking the VP game mechanics into account, right? Alright, I moved it to the compatble list with a notice about balance, do you think it is alright?

17. vyyt

vyyt Deity

18. busted_bunny

busted_bunny Chieftain

Actually i can make it compatible with VP game mechanics. All i need is the API command just like : city:GetLocalHappiness()
    but for VP's city unhappines. Gazebo sadly doesn't answer. I hope you might know this one.

19. vyyt

vyyt Deity

Sorry, I am afraid I cannot help you with this one, I am only admining this thread. For now, should I keep it in the compatible list? Is it compatible "enough"? (I understand it is very vague and subjective, I guess what I mean is: is playable?)

20. busted_bunny

busted_bunny Chieftain

It is quite playable if you change in Prosperity.lua file at 49 string "-1" to "0". (So it won't think, that population is unhappines)
    Otherwise it will rape megapolices.