1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

MODs compatible with Community Balance Patch (CBP)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by vyyt, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Infixo

Infixo Deity

2. Gaspare

Gaspare Chieftain

Already happened twice this game I'm playing that a couple leaders offered an empty trade (trade value: 1 for them) which I cannot accept and made them upset when I refused them (only option available). Not sure if it's related to VP or it's another mod. I've installed "no Zero Value Trade Items" mod too, if it can help

3. NikMuazHakim

NikMuazHakim Warlord

mods i used

4. JackConor

JackConor Chieftain

For some reason, the airbase mod by Whoward doesnt work with CBP despite using the same dll.

5. Drakul

Drakul Warlord

Nik,what about to include the Culture capitals and the Enginseers Unique city states mod in your modpack ? If they are compatbile

6. Infixo

Infixo Deity

If you mean this one: http://www.picknmixmods.com/mods/CivV/Improvement/Airbases.html
    Then it is not EUI compatible. It has its own UnitFlagManager.lua and .xml that will mess up EUI. It is designed to work without EUI, I think.

7. JackConor

JackConor Chieftain

Yeah I use non EUI version of CBP and JFDLC. Since JFD mods does modify some UI files, does the airbase still work? I havent got to that point yet. May I also ask what does unitflagmanager.lua does?

8. Infixo

Infixo Deity

I dont use non-eui mods, so cant say anything more.
    It is a file to govern the unit icon you see on the map above the unit model. I think it also git to do smth with possible actions. Airbases are added there as possible action.

9. JackConor

JackConor Chieftain

I remember the button does work with EUI but when you press it, it clears the jungle/forest then nothing... I check the BuildAirbase.xml and it seems the problem might be the airbase is build for vanila civ5 as CBP move the action of clearing forest/marsh/jungle to different tech. I could change the element in the Prereqtech of that action to align with that of CBP but will this affect saved game or caused any domino effect?

10. Infixo

Infixo Deity

Usually things that only change values in Database don't crash game and are save file compatible. Things that modify DB, add new elements, etc. they are not save file compatible and may cause crashes.
    Building an airbase shouldn't be affected - it's a standard Build action. Lua code is just for airplanes' rebasing. Anyway, "Build airbase" properly appears under Flight in VP.
    I don't think you will make it work with VP so easily. It probably needs some bigger changes.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
    vyyt likes this.
  11. JackConor

JackConor Chieftain

Damm that sucks...... I thought all of picknmix mods are supposed to work out of the box. The tunnel and pontoon seems to work... but not the airbase?? How much work does it requires tho. It seems it needs to tweak a few files maybe adding some lines to make it work....no? I mean its just an improvement mod. Maybe I fail to grasp the effort needed as Idk anything about modding, especially anything about lua. Could you make it compatible with VP please:bowdown:... This mod could make a good overseas base and not needing to found useless cities.

12. Infixo

Infixo Deity

@JackConor Ok, I have good news. I got interested, this mod seems like a nice addition, really. So, I started to test it. The problems I had with Airbases (messed up Civilopedia) were caused by something completely different. I managed to fix that and tada - Airbases work for me perfectly, out of the box, with latest VP (12-15) and EUI.
    I think the only difference might be how airplanes are displayed in bases and cities. EUI has some nice icons, Airbases changes that into a list with names. But functionality is 100% the same.
    So, if you have problems, that might be a mod conflict. I used only VP and Airbases to test it (well, and IGE to get planes quickly).

Tekamthi and vyyt like this.
  13. JackConor

JackConor Chieftain

How did you do it? I tried with base VP and airbase, still the same problem with civilopedia, and the forest/jungle tiles now cleared instantly when pressing the build airbase button.

14. Infixo

Infixo Deity

1. Civilopedia is a problem when you start a game in later era with no religion. There is a hardcode in the code that causes problems. I posted details to GitHub along with solution (easy one). I can post the file here if you want.
    2. I dont know about forest/jungle. I built them on plains. But I think trees should be removed before building it. So, what is the problem?
    Edit. If you mean that they disappear instantly, it may just be a matter of animation. Airbase has only 1 construction animation. Check if time differs. If you build it on forest vs. plains, it should take longer (more turns).

Edit. Fixed Civilopedia. You need to put it into \Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(6a) Community Balance Overhaul - Compatibility Files (EUI)\LUA

Edit2. That fix is included in VP 1-3.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  15. Gaspare

Gaspare Chieftain

I'd like to use airbase mod too, could you please link the github page or post the fix? It would be really appreciated :)

edit: thanks!

16. JackConor

JackConor Chieftain

Hardcoded? You mean like there is no way to fix the civilopedia bug other than to overhaul the entire mod? I think the 43 CIV CP included in VP is at fault here according to my lua log

Anyway, the option to build airbase does not appear when on plain. The button only popups on the build menu of my worker when they are on a jungle/forest tile.

17. Infixo

Infixo Deity

"Hardcoded" - see comment in the file I posted. It was "1" and should be "sectionID" :)

What version of VP are you using? I tested Airbases on "normal" VP (not 43) with EUI. Also, if you post Database.log and stopwatch.log I might take a look where the problem might be.

18. JackConor

JackConor Chieftain

The first one is CBP in conjuction with other mods eg JFDLC. The second is when testing with pure CBP

Attached Files:

19. JackConor

JackConor Chieftain

This fix only apply to the EUI version?

20. Infixo

Infixo Deity

I don't use non-EUI, so I don't know. Just try it out. Civilopedia might be the same, so it would fix it.
    Also, you are using 43Civ version. I don't know if this is a problem, but there might be minor differences.
    Anyway, there was 1 problem with original mod. Try to use this file and see if this helps (put it into \MODS\Improvement - Airbases (v 14)\XML)

Attached Files:

Tekamthi likes this.