MODS compatible with Vox Populi (VP)

@vyyt Hey I saw on GitHub that you are using whoward's Trade Routes Enhancements
On the first page of this thread the mod is listed as incorporated, but it obviously isn't fully incorporated since recalling trade routes is not possible on command in VP. Do you have any issues using that mod with VP and your other mods? Does it properly enable the recall functionality? Does it interfere with VP in some way (maybe by disallowing the ability of auto-cancelling TRs when the trading partner declares war or something)?

I'm asking because I actually wanted to try out that mod but since it's listed as "incorporated" I figured it's not gonna work properly if some of the code is already in use in VP somewhere in some probably altered form.

Edit: and another mod: Units - Paratroop Enhancements: is that giving you any trouble? I see it in your mod list as well but it isn't listed on the first page of this thread. If I remember correctly, some of the functionality (particularly that paratroopers take damage if dropping into AA range) was integrated into VP but not the other stuff.

I am actually having problems with the trade routes screen in the November version of VP (the already assigned routes are not indicated in the list of potential trading partner cities). But I suspect it could be some mod conflixt. I am a bit busy at work now and cannot afford to run the game (we all know it would end in another civ marathon until 4 am). When I haveore time next week, I will test and update the list if necessary.

And no, I cannot recall the trade routes - I actually did not know it was possible with this mod :)

The paratroopers work fine. It is one of the WHoward's mods, so I do not include it in any list (= it is considered compatible as per the opening text) unless there is some problem with compatibility.

If it's part was Incorporated in VP, I will mention it. Thanks!

It says in the TR Enhancements description that it enables recalling TRs; if that's not possible while you're using that mod then you can probably ditch it since that seems to be the most useful feature of it.

WRT paratroopers mod: them taking damage from anti-AA was added to VP last year but I'm pretty sure the other features are (sadly) not part of it. I guess I'll try it out in my next game then and see if there are any issues.

Soon (finally) done with my game; this has taken a lot longer than I thought, mostly due to me being rusty, I guess, but all the testing, reporting, fixing also took quite some time.

So here's my update: Reforestation works fine (already listed as compatible), though I changed some of its parameters because I didn't like them (removed the ability to plant forest on Snow tiles and made the build time longer, mostly); I also found a small text bug with it (string reference missing), which doesn't impact its functionality; it can be fixed by changing line 4 and 5 in the Reforestation.sql in the Database folder from
Code:
INSERT INTO Improvements (Type,        DestroyedWhenPillaged,    OutsideBorders,    Description,                        Help,                                            Civilopedia,                                    ArtDefineTag,                        IconAtlas,            PortraitIndex)
SELECT 'IMPROVEMENT_PLANT_FOREST',    1,                        1,                'TXT_KEY_IMPROVEMENT_PLANT_FOREST',    'TXT_KEY_CIV5_IMPROVEMENTS_PLANT_FOREST_HELP',    'TXT_KEY_CIV5_IMPROVEMENTS_PLANT_FOREST_TEXT',    'ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_PLANT_FOREST',    'REFOREST_ATLAS',    0;
to
Code:
INSERT INTO Improvements (Type,        DestroyedWhenPillaged,    OutsideBorders,    Description,                                            Civilopedia,                                    ArtDefineTag,                        IconAtlas,            PortraitIndex)
SELECT 'IMPROVEMENT_PLANT_FOREST',    1,                        1,                'TXT_KEY_IMPROVEMENT_PLANT_FOREST',        'TXT_KEY_CIV5_IMPROVEMENTS_PLANT_FOREST_TEXT',    'ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_PLANT_FOREST',    'REFOREST_ATLAS',    0;

Subs Ignore Borders also works fine so far (is implicitly listed as compatible in your OP).
Edit: unfortunately this mod doesn't set the RivalTerritory property on the ENW unit Attack Submarine, so the XML has to be modified to include that unit by inserting
Code:
        <Update>
            <Where Type="UNIT_ATTACK_SUBMARINE"/>
            <Set RivalTerritory="1"/>
        </Update>
into the middle of the file (MODS\Subs Ignore Borders\XML\UnitsSubsIgnoreBorders.xml)
It's probably also best to include ENW as a Reference in the modinfo file of Subs Ignore Borders, to make sure the game understands that it is somewhat dependent on ENW. Check the modinfo file of ENW to see how References are written out and use the id from the top of that file as the Reference id for the modinfo file of Subs Ignore Borders.

Unfortunately, I found some issues with the Promotion Tree mod in late game. The mod seems to be unable to display the promotions of Helicopter units and fails to display the full tree for units that have more than 2 starting points for promotions. I may try and investigate that and maybe fix it but don't hold your breath; also, the mod author (who adapted it for EUI) seems to be inactive since April of last year. I would keep the mod listed as compatible but just know that there are some issues with it.
Edit: I've looked at the code and unfortunately Promotion Tree lacks basic support for more than 2 base promotions, which explains the trouble it has with late game naval melee and submarines; haven't figured out yet why Helicopters don't work in the mod but this is definitely not an easy fix...what a shame :(
Edit2: figured out why at least some of the Helicopter promotions don't work with the mod: they rely on native Heli promotions that cannot be chosen, which in turn basically count as the base promotions but are then filtered out by the mod...so again not something that is easy to fix without likely breaking something else.

Last edited:
I updated my previous post with respect to the Subs Ignore Borders mod (it needs to be modified to work properly with ENW).
I have now also tested Faster Aircraft Animations and Improved Air Recon and both work without issue so far.

So now I'll hopefully have time to test the few remaining mods this weekend and especially vyyt's super secret mod as well :D

Sorry, kids are sick and I am finishing 2 important projects at work, I did not have any time to touch my super-secret mod, it is not ready to be published yet (or you meant just the self-propelled gun?)

Anyway, thanks for the updates, guys, I will be updating the mod lists tonight.

The link leads to City Limits rather than the Longer Name mod.

Another update: tested further aspects of ENW and discovered some small issues. I reported them and also posted how to fix them yourself here.

I also tested Missiles No Supply and unfortunately it is not compatible with VP right now (at least in my configuration); I opened a GitHub issue for it, so let's see if it'll get fixed.

As an aside, the mod Capture Great People, which I reported as incompatible with VP some weeks ago, is supposed to work again now, after Gazebo fixed the underlying issue (here), but I haven't tested that yet, since I'm still finishing out my old game.

And my last update for the that playthrough, since I'm done with it:
Subs Immune Under Ice is confirmed to work with VP.

Improved Air Recon has some minor issues: The mod works by modifying the Air Recon ability and changes it's radius; it does not, however, change the description of that promotion, so it still says 6 tiles, even though it's less than that. There are also some other minor errors in other description changes the mod makes; this is nothing game breaking, the mod still works fine, but for whoever wants to fix that, I'll upload the file here, which you can replace the existing file in the folder "XML" of that mod with (you should probably also change the MD5 in the modinfo file, which is now 2E2BF7FBB0FB9B4AC1933E31349990B6
Be aware that I also changed the recon radius from 3 to 4 tiles (just seems better that way IMO); if you want to revert that you need to change every "4" in that file to whatever number works for you.

Attachments

• Misc.xml
    2.2 KB · Views: 338
After racking my brain, and occasionally feeling like I was banging it against a wall, I think I gained some insight into why More Luxuries doesn't always behave around other modpacks, though I can't really explain what the modpacks have to do with it.

I'll summarize in the hopes someone with more knowledge can figure out exactly what needs to be done:

The More Luxuries mod contains NewLuxuries_Resources.xml, and within that is the <Improvement_ResourceTypes> table. I used a sqlite viewer to determine that when building the game database, the luxuries were being added as expected, but the ResourceMakesValid and ResourceTrade values were 0, while vanilla luxuries had these both set to 1.

The mod contains lines like the following:
Code:
        <Row>
            <ImprovementType>IMPROVEMENT_QUARRY</ImprovementType>
            <ResourceType>RESOURCE_AMBER</ResourceType>
        </Row>

By adding two more rows as below, I was able to get it functioning as expected.
Code:
        <Row>
            <ResourceMakesValid>1</ResourceMakesValid>
            <ResourceTrade>1</ResourceTrade>
        </Row>

Again, I can't explain what modpacks have to do with this, as mine certainly doesn't alter these tables. I also notice that Nutmeg, Cloves, and Pepper seem to also have zero values for ResourceMakesValid and ResourceTrade, which I'll look into.

Hopefully further investigation can solve this issue for good.

Last edited:
@vyyt you can list Capture Great People as compatible with VP again; Gazebo fixed the underlying issue in the DLL after I created the issue on github late last year and I've now confirmed that the mod works with VP again.

I've also modified that mod a bit to include Great Diplomats and Prophets as well as Work Boats, diplomatic units and made other small changes to make it more suited for VP, as I see it; I added that version to my Downloads if anyone is interested.

After racking my brain, and occasionally feeling like I was banging it against a wall, I think I gained some insight into why More Luxuries doesn't always behave around other modpacks, though I can't really explain what the modpacks have to do with it.

I'll summarize in the hopes someone with more knowledge can figure out exactly what needs to be done:

The More Luxuries mod contains NewLuxuries_Resources.xml, and within that is the <Improvement_ResourceTypes> table. I used a sqlite viewer to determine that when building the game database, the luxuries were being added as expected, but the ResourceMakesValid and ResourceTrade values were 0, while vanilla luxuries had these both set to 1.

The mod contains lines like the following:
Code:
        <Row>
        </Row>

By adding two more rows as below, I was able to get it functioning as expected.
Code:
        <Row>
            <ResourceMakesValid>1</ResourceMakesValid>
            <ResourceTrade>1</ResourceTrade>
        </Row>

Again, I can't explain what modpacks have to do with this, as mine certainly doesn't alter these tables. I also notice that Nutmeg, Cloves, and Pepper seem to also have zero values for ResourceMakesValid and ResourceTrade, which I'll look into.

Hopefully further investigation can solve this issue for good.
Nutmeg and pepper are resources that are unique to certain civilizations.

nutmeg & pepper = Indonesia

@vyyt you can list Capture Great People as compatible with VP again; Gazebo fixed the underlying issue in the DLL after I created the issue on github late last year and I've now confirmed that the mod works with VP again.

I've also modified that mod a bit to include Great Diplomats and Prophets as well as Work Boats, diplomatic units and made other small changes to make it more suited for VP, as I see it; I added that version to my Downloads if anyone is interested.
Thank you very much! Lists updated, please check.

Version 3.0 of Redesigned Colors and Icons no longer requires tweaks for compatibility, and doesn't cause the bug related to More Resources improvements.

I would hesitate to say it's now fully compatible, but I've been using it with no problems, and I haven't gotten any complaints, so I think you can safely update the list.

Top Bottom