MODS compatible with Vox Populi (VP)

If you have tested a new mod with VP, please write a new comment
Update for the OP:

Capture Great People is unfortunately not compatible with VP; I tried modifying the mod quite a bit to make it work but without success.

Promotion Flag EUI is compatible, but I updated the file UI/UnitPanel.lua to bring back the VP functionality of showing the PoW promo duration tooltip as well as merged in more recent VP changes to that file to bring it up to date with version 11-30-18 of VP. Instructions and the file for download can be found here.

Update for the OP:

Capture Great People is unfortunately not compatible with VP; I tried modifying the mod quite a bit to make it work but without success.

Promotion Flag EUI is compatible, but I updated the file UI/UnitPanel.lua to bring back the VP functionality of showing the PoW promo duration tooltip as well as merged in more recent VP changes to that file to bring it up to date with version 11-30-18 of VP. Instructions and the file for download can be found here.
Sweet! Updated the lists, thanks a lot - I appreciate that you are including the links, etc.

Redesigned Colors and Icons (RCI) and Meaningful Colors should both be in the category of "Compatible after tweaking some files / need special VP version" with notes. If either are used as DLC, build actions are broken in game. Also, if not used as DLC, there is a glitch where original colors will not reset. So, there is no perfect option there.

Attachments

• with_RCI.png
    with_RCI.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 269
  • without_RCI.png
    without_RCI.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 252
I'll also add this for the record: No Radaring Exploit seems to be integrated into either VP or EUI since likely none of the other mods are doing this. I'm not using that mod and still can't use the radaring exploit and I've checked most of the other mods beside VP and EUI whether they are doing that.

Update: Filters in Trade Route Overview needs a small modification to ensure it is fully up to date (at least with version 11-30-18 of VP). It's probably sufficiently compatible without that modification but who knows what functionality might get lost with an outdated file.
I am also currently testing the Espionage Mapping mod; it might be compatible but requires extensive modification.
(Edit) Another update: the Religious Settlers mod seems to be working nicely with VP, despite the fact that it's a DLL mod (disclaimer: have only tested with Settler units so far in two different cases and it worked as advertised but I haven't yet tested with Pioneers or Colonists).

Last edited:
Redesigned Colors and Icons (RCI) and Meaningful Colors should both be in the category of "Compatible after tweaking some files / need special VP version" with notes. If either are used as DLC, build actions are broken in game. Also, if not used as DLC, there is a glitch where original colors will not reset. So, there is no perfect option there.
Thanks, RCI was already in the "need tweaking", I just added that it does not work as a ModPack. About the Meaningful Colors - do you know if this one works as a non-modpack? Or does it also not reset the original colors?

Update: Filters in Trade Route Overview needs a small modification to ensure it is fully up to date (at least with version 11-30-18 of VP). It's probably sufficiently compatible without that modification but who knows what functionality might get lost with an outdated file.
I am also currently testing the Espionage Mapping mod; it might be compatible but requires extensive modification.
(Edit) Another update: the Religious Settlers mod seems to be working nicely with VP, despite the fact that it's a DLL mod (disclaimer: have only tested with Settler units so far in two different cases and it worked as advertised but I haven't yet tested with Pioneers or Colonists).
Thanks, I hope I got it right.
- I added Filters in Trade Route Overview to the "needs tweaks" list with your modification. I suppose@Infixo will update the mod soon, so I will move it to the "compatible out of the box" list then.
- About the Religious settlers - is it based on @whoward69's DLL? Then it could work, I guess. If it's DLL was overwriting the CP in VP, then I think it would render VP (CBO) incompatible. Do you want me to add it into the compatibles? I am somehow worried about this one without further testing/info abou the DLL part.

I'll also add this for the record: No Radaring Exploit seems to be integrated into either VP or EUI since likely none of the other mods are doing this. I'm not using that mod and still can't use the radaring exploit and I've checked most of the other mods beside VP and EUI whether they are doing that.
Ok, integrated or not, the exploit is gone, so the mod is not needed, I will add it as included. I do not think that EUI touches anything else apart of UI. Thanks!

@vyvt There are some other global mods integrated into VP which might have changed over the course of previous patches.

Could the list from CustomModOptions.xml be used to update the first page?

https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/blob/master/Community Patch/Core Files/Core Tables/CustomModOptions.xml
Interesting, I checked the integrated mods with @Gazebo long time ago. Maybe we can do new run-down. The '0' in the linked file means integrated but not active, I suppose?

About the Religious settlers - is it based on @whoward69's DLL?
Yes it is, though I'm not using his DLL. Essentially all the mod does is turn on the relevant CustomModOption in VP that is disabled by default. This is why I am a bit hesitant since I haven't tested Colonists and Pioneers yet but as far as normal settlers are concerned it certainly works as advertised.

The '0' in the linked file means integrated but not active, I suppose?
I'd be careful with this. Some of the CustomModOptions are enabled ("activated") but do not necessarily enable the same behavior as in whoward's DLL (there are examples of this but I'm too lazy to dig them up again; I went through the list the other day and saw this, though, so I'm certain of it), so it is not a guarantee that the functionality is the same or even works at all just because it is listed in the CustomModOptions. Example: while the Religious Settlers mod seems to work nicely so far (see above) by just enabling the relevant option, the Capture Great People mod needs a different CustomModOption, which, when enabled, actually breaks unit capture in VP and therefore can't really be seen as "integrated" since it needs to stay disabled for VP to work properly.

Yes it is, though I'm not using his DLL. Essentially all the mod does is turn on the relevant CustomModOption in VP that is disabled by default. This is why I am a bit hesitant since I haven't tested Colonists and Pioneers yet but as far as normal settlers are concerned it certainly works as advertised.
What do you mean by you're not using his DLL? whoward69's DLL is integrated into VP. Or do you mean specifically the CBP portion doesn't have the DLL active?

What do you mean by you're not using his DLL? whoward69's DLL is integrated into VP. Or do you mean specifically the CBP portion doesn't have the DLL active?
I know it is "integrated" but that doesn't mean that all of whoward's mods that require his DLL will work with VP, like I demonstrated with the Capture Great People example, which works with whoward's DLL but not with VP and the standard DLL there.
So, to clarify: I am using the normal VP DLL, not whoward's DLL.

Hi guys, what do you think of a Mod that pushes Great Generals and Great Admirals?
I really like Leadership Reformation, however I can not say much if the AI is able to use it properly.

Yeeaah :cool:
I made Emigration mod "kinda" compatible with VP happines. Now it works good to me.
I tried it out with 12.18.1 and I am not able to choose any building, when I found my city. Building list is just empty..

Last edited:
Modpack issue for "Promotion Flag EUI":
If you try to create a modpack with it inside, you will need to tweak the files beforehand in a very simple way:
Change the version number inside the .modinfo from "1.1" to "1". (The modpack tool does not support decimal version numbers)

Update:

I've now tested Religious Settlers with Pioneers and it works without issue despite being a DLL mod (I am using the VP DLL, of course). I think at this point it's safe to assume that Colonists will work as well since Pioneers are non-standard and work normally. So this mod definitely seems to be fully compatible with VP.

Additionally I've now been able to test Espionage Mapping, which is also working as expected and without issue. It did, however, require extensive modification to ensure that VP espionage functionality is not adversely affected. I merged the affected files, which had extensive conflicts and modified the modinfo file to update the hashes and include VP 6a as a dependency.
I am attaching an archive with the modified files; replacing the originals in the Espionage Mapping mod folder with them (in their proper place! preserve the folder structure!) should make the mod work with VP(EUI), at least with version 11-30-18.

Attachments

• Espionage_Mapping_VP.rar
    18.6 KB · Views: 310
Top Bottom