• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

MODS compatible with Vox Populi (VP)

Is the YnAEMP DLL 43 civs compatible with CBP?

I am afraid not at the moment, it uses its own DLL and you can only use one mod with DLL. I think this question was raised long time ago and I think the answer was that it was not planned to merge the 43 civs DLL into CBP. You can try Googling it, maybe you will find the thread.

I will add it to the incompatible mods list, thanks!

I am afraid not at the moment, it uses its own DLL and you can only use one mod with DLL. I think this question was raised long time ago and I think the answer was that it was not planned to merge the 43 civs DLL into CBP. You can try Googling it, maybe you will find the thread.

I will add it to the incompatible mods list, thanks!

Thanks for the answer ;)

Loving the list. Out of curiosity any other players ever play with mods that add new units? An example is the air-naval-land megamod that adds like +100 new units for mid-late game. Ive been looking for something to add to CBP since all its units are (basically) vanilla. Megamod changes the tech tree among other things which i think is what makes them incompatible.

But yeah, anyone else have any luck adding new units to CBP? Its sad having to pick one or the other: either im playing with vanilla units or my ai is an idiot... lol.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

I've been directed here as I've had an issue with something in this list.

Anyone know if any of these mods don't work?
http://puu.sh/lbKxM/0c18550dc2.png
All the various civ mods either don't modify DLL, or are specifically designed to work with CBP

Hard to say, this is quite a long list. I suspect the Promotion mods are not compatible. Also what is the Resource - Granary includes Bison mod? CBP already adds extra food to bison from Granary, so I think this mod is redundant.

I think you should try CBP without the other mods first. If it CTDs, then you have probably installed it wrong. If it works, then it is a mod conflict and you can start adding other mods ... maybe not one by one, but by groups. Then you will find out which one is causing the CTDs. If you do, please report back and I will update the lists.

Cheers!

Loving the list. Out of curiosity any other players ever play with mods that add new units? An example is the air-naval-land megamod that adds like +100 new units for mid-late game. Ive been looking for something to add to CBP since all its units are (basically) vanilla. Megamod changes the tech tree among other things which i think is what makes them incompatible.

But yeah, anyone else have any luck adding new units to CBP? Its sad having to pick one or the other: either im playing with vanilla units or my ai is an idiot... lol.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

CBP changes the tech tree, hence conflicts with mods that also do it are unavoidable unless the mods are made specifically compatible with each other. However, CP (just the Community Patch, not a full project install) doesn't touch the technology tree, so I'd go as far as to say it should be compatible with the megamod you're talking about. Good news - the AI is made smarter in CP, not CBP, so you should be able to play with both the smart AI and new units. Of course, you'll be missing out on many cool changes made by CBP, but your main concern should be solved.

How's the compatibility with Piety & Prestige nowadays?

If you use Sukritact's last revision of E&D, it's pretty stable. Balance issues abound when used along with the Community Balance Patch, but you can address some of that in the settings files for E&D and P&P. Both mods are somewhat gimped in that scenario, but still interesting. I like how you can basically "pull" religion(s) of your choice using the state religion option if you're unlucky at founding.

The piety mechanic is changing in the upcoming version, according to JFD. E&D support is also being retired, so maybe less fiddling in the near future.

Edit: Should mention that some UI components (religion window) can go wonky. The follower belief selection window gets cut off (won't scroll) in some circumstances.

As of the November releases of the CPP, hot-loading saves has been re-enabled. Hopefully it will work as intended.

After a bit of troubleshooting, I've discovered that Thal's Flag Promotions (Barra's CP update) breaks this option. If anyone else is using that and missing the load option while in game, that's your likely suspect.

I don't know if it can be fixed, maybe someone with more experience with the mod can take a look. It does contain a utility function specifically dealing with data persistence across hot-loaded games, so the bug is probably related to the state of that.

It may be that this has never worked correctly... anyone know?

Symbolic Ideology Tenets seems to function with CBP. Started using it today, as the bland monotone-with-text ideology page was making me sad. The 'new' tenets don't have art, but it still spices things up.

It says Commutias comes with this but I don't see Commutas option anyhwere on map type screen?

help

As a request. Could The Air-Naval-Ground- Mega mod be included. It kind of difficult to have a huge variety in units with so much diversity and immersion to be sent back to the stone age with everyone possessing the same exact units. Is there a file we could delete to make the mod work or something. It only adds units to the game he deleted the DLL portion of his mod So I dont understand why it would be difficult and I helped lab a little in developing that mod. Hes a cool guy easy to work with.

With his mods in the game activie with full CBP-EUI the game works great but the saves will almost always corrupt.

Something isn't right with my game. I've tried several versions of CBP, that is the main one and the beta versions, and they all tend to crash after some time. Must be something with the other mods I'm using, or my computer.

Civ Names By Policies
Ethnic Units
Events and Decisions
Historical Religions
InfoAddict
Cultural Diversity
Piety and Sovereignty
Thal's FlagPromotions

Those are the other mods I use with the CBP package. I've tried disabling E&D and Piety, but it didn't fix the crashing. Could someone assist me to figure out what is causing it?

Something isn't right with my game. I've tried several versions of CBP, that is the main one and the beta versions, and they all tend to crash after some time. Must be something with the other mods I'm using, or my computer.

Civ Names By Policies
Ethnic Units
Events and Decisions
Historical Religions
InfoAddict
Cultural Diversity
Piety and Sovereignty
Thal's FlagPromotions

Those are the other mods I use with the CBP package. I've tried disabling E&D and Piety, but it didn't fix the crashing. Could someone assist me to figure out what is causing it?

Is there any log evidence? If not, it might be Ethnic Units:
Spoiler :
Ethnic Units (v31) - Changes appearance (only) of most units based on their Civ - Follow the instructions how to play CBP with Ethnic Units or face a crash to desktop in WWI era

Which Era(s) is it crashing in?

Is there any log evidence? If not, it might be Ethnic Units:
Spoiler :
Ethnic Units (v31) - Changes appearance (only) of most units based on their Civ - Follow the instructions how to play CBP with Ethnic Units or face a crash to desktop in WWI era

Which Era(s) is it crashing in?

Ancient.
I figured out that it only happens when playing on TSL maps. I was able to play on the Communitas map fine. Hmm.

I've been playing with 3rd and 4th unique component if anyone was wondering and it works fine

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Top Bottom