Mods to start as Mercurians?

Maliciuzzo

Chieftain
Hi. :)
I'd like to ask if there's any mod that balances Mercurian in order to start with them as first civ.
I don't want to mod with worldbuilder, since I've to change things and, anyways, it seems unfair to start with them as first. :p

Is there any mod compatible with base FF2 (or with other mods such as Magister's) that allows this thing?

You could always do it yourself. Download a nice editor, such as Notepad++, and go to your Civilization 4 folder (Easiest way would probably be to right-click your Civ or BTS shortcut, and choose "go to file location".

Open the "Beyond the Sword" folder, and then "Mods". You'll probably want to make a back-up of your Fall From Heaven 2 folder before you change it. Just make a copy and rename it. In your new copy of the folder, find the "Assets" folder, and then "XML", and then "Civilizations".

Right click the file "CIV4CivilizationInfos", and choose "open with notepad++". Then press Ctrl+F, and type in "Mercurians"

In their section, find the tag that says "<bPlayable>0</bPlayable>", and change the 0 to a 1.

If memory serves, you'll want to bee-line fanaticism, because you won't get any angels before you've researched it.

Yea I knew these kind of ways (such as editing in-game with the Worldbuilder), but that feels a bit like cheating and, anyway, you're a bit limited since it's not a civ built for the early game.
I've heard there were some mods (even some big ones, like Orbis or such) which created a more balanced Mercurian (and Infernal, too) civ to play since the beginning, but I couldn't find anything like that. ><

Would it serve your purposes if you used the Advanced Start option and then used worldbuilder to add the Mercurians (without any changes)? Or is there some reason you want the Mercurians to be present in a fresh, unexplored world?

Yea I knew these kind of ways (such as editing in-game with the Worldbuilder), but that feels a bit like cheating and, anyway, you're a bit limited since it's not a civ built for the early game.
I've heard there were some mods (even some big ones, like Orbis or such) which created a more balanced Mercurian (and Infernal, too) civ to play since the beginning, but I couldn't find anything like that. ><

I never saw anything like this...
of course, it does not mean that such mod do not exist :dunno:

The easiest way - without cheating.

1. start at the medieval era with Beeri Bawl
2. Settle your first city - it does not matter, where or how.
3. choose the place for your 2nd city - it will be your mercurian gate city.
4. use your worldspell - settle your 2 golden hammers to your 2nd city.
4. god king and pacifism as civics
5. Soon great engineer pops out, use him for the mercurian gate. done!
6. optional - want to get rid of beeri bawl? either suicide his combat units vs barbs or delete via worlbuilder and let barb take lurchuirp capital over.then show to barbs "I'm dead serious not with demons only but with barbs too"

Fall Further lets you play them from start. In Custom Game/Scenario there is an option which allows you to start with Basium, Hyborem or Minister Koun.

Top Bottom