Module: Fixing Lizard Art

Honestly, at this point I think you should make a central thread, with links to all your other modules and containing the recommended load order.

Yeah. I should.

Hopefully 1.31 has the updated ArtDefs and UnitArtStyleTypeInfos (seriously, must there be so many unnecessary words in that object?) so two modules can retire. I have good hopes for finally retiring Less Dangerous Animals as well.

I've already started merging LizardUUCommanders into GWS. So I should just consolidate the modules into the GWS thread and stop cluttering up your forum. :)

I didn't see these mentioned in a changelog, so I hope I have the latest version for these, but I have some bug reports;

All are as Cualli

-Canopy Stalkers can cast build fortification while in a ship in the ocean. This does not produce a fort, but does produce a Tyrant.
-Canopy Tyrants do not disappear if the fort they were guarding is demolished. This also means you can have tyrants dotting the ocean if you so choose.
-Canopy Tyrants under the effect of Phoenix Blood are reborn in the capitol.

Your mod make Mazatl much more enjoyable, but there is still something missing:
It only has 1 leader, so for me It get kinda boring play the same leader again and again.
Perhaps you could make a new modular leader? Or it's too much?

All are as Cualli

-Canopy Stalkers can cast build fortification while in a ship in the ocean. This does not produce a fort, but does produce a Tyrant.
-Canopy Tyrants do not disappear if the fort they were guarding is demolished. This also means you can have tyrants dotting the ocean if you so choose.
-Canopy Tyrants under the effect of Phoenix Blood are reborn in the capitol.

Thanks for the report. I have been meaning to make it so that Great Commanders cannot build forts outside of the Jungle. I am also thinking of not making them require forts. So you should be able to claim (and build) other forts as usual, but you don't get a fort commander with them. Great Commanders will be able to build the normal Fort Commanders in the Jungle.

I'm also thinking of making both fort commanders leashed instead of domain_immobile. This way I can make the Tyrant invisible like the Stalkers to better represent the ambush and traps.

Other than that, how do they play? I admit I haven't used them much recently. I stopped playing the Lizards while I'm testing my GWS modules with other civs.

It only has 1 leader, so for me It get kinda boring play the same leader again and again.

RiFE 1.4 is supposed to have a whole slew of new leaders, so I wasn't really planning on adding any for the Mazatl.

1.4 will bring three new Mazatl leaders.

-Canopy Tyrants do not disappear if the fort they were guarding is demolished.

the same thing happened to me with the Kazad, I conquered an undead fort, appointed the commander and then razed the fort, the commander was still here.

the same thing happened to me with the Kazad, I conquered an undead fort, appointed the commander and then razed the fort, the commander was still here.

Good to know that this code was broken before I even got to it. ;)

Excuse me, but also you've added unique art for the lizards War elephant?
If not, could you make an UU using that art that replaces the chariot or something of the like?

Oh really? And since War elephants are rare... perhaps a UU that replaces chariot or knight would be adequate, because I feel that wonderful model is... wasted...

Not being able to command seems like too big of a penalty, svartalfar don't get a penalty for being out of the forest nor do the dtesh for being outside of the wasteland. Maybe a spell to let lizards' operate normally out of the swamp/jungle is called for in addition to the penalty, for example:

acclimation-removes penalties for being outside of climate, 10-25% to wear off each turn requires channeling II and can only be used by priests.

This can be changed once magic is revisited of course.:hatsoff:

Top Bottom