[MODULES] Starting Something

I can't change the base code without breaking the modularity of the thing, sorry :(
I rather like that idea, and then have chances for their allies to join in on one side or the other as well?
Not sure whether the last bit is possible (the allies joining part) should be though :)

Well the AI seems to ask people about once every five turns to join them in a war. So if it's not doable it's likely that the human player(if nothing else) will get dragged into the war anyway.

Regardless I'd really like to see some of the bad blood civs duke it out.

EDIT: Here's an idea, not sure if it could be done modularly though. What if, when a war breaks out, any uninvolved civs with a +5/-5 relations with one of the involved civs gets too protect/attack that civ? Maybe force their involvement if they have +10/-10. I think things are more realistic that way. If you attack a little civ that someone really really likes they come after you. And if someone you absolutely hate goes to war, you hop in on the other side because you were just waiting for a reason.

Well the AI seems to ask people about once every five turns to join them in a war. So if it's not doable it's likely that the human player(if nothing else) will get dragged into the war anyway.

Regardless I'd really like to see some of the bad blood civs duke it out.

EDIT: Here's an idea, not sure if it could be done modularly though. What if, when a war breaks out, any uninvolved civs with a +5/-5 relations with one of the involved civs gets too protect/attack that civ? Maybe force their involvement if they have +10/-10. I think things are more realistic that way. If you attack a little civ that someone really really likes they come after you. And if someone you absolutely hate goes to war, you hop in on the other side because you were just waiting for a reason.
To be honest, I'm really not sure at all what's possible diplomacy-wise in Python, I keep meaning to look at it, but school starts again Monday, so I've been a little distracted, sorry.

Is this intended?: Dural first founded Empy, despite having Malakim in the game. (Checked, founded by this mod, not normally by tech). I thought Malakim were the first in founding Empy in the lore. Or not?

Maybe the Dural founded it on their own?

As far as I understand this module waits until turn X, and than checks if anyone has founded or is trying to found a religion. And if not assigns it to someone.

Nope, they haven't founded the religion on their own, since they don't even have the founding tech, is pretty early game, I've checked that by WB.

Can I split this module into multiple modules which can be activated/deactivated using the launcher?

Can I, for example, move all files except the Starting Worker, Starting Warrior and Starting Settler into a folder named "StartingFaith" which I can use as an independent module or would the different name break the module? If it does is there an easy way to edit the files to work with the new folder? Would the modules be compatible with each other?

I'm asking because somehow this module still causes CTDs for me and I want to try out which file causes the problem. Also if it can't be fixed I'd be fine with switching off Starting Warrior and Worker once (if) they start causing crashes, but Settler and Faith need to be active for at least the first 200 turns.

Can I split this module into multiple modules which can be activated/deactivated using the launcher?
Yeah :)

Can I, for example, move all files except the Starting Worker, Starting Warrior and Starting Settler into a folder named "StartingFaith" which I can use as an independent module or would the different name break the module? If it does is there an easy way to edit the files to work with the new folder? Would the modules be compatible with each other?
Yeah, it would work perfectly, they're only in one folder because I'm lazy.

I'm asking because somehow this module still causes CTDs for me and I want to try out which file causes the problem. Also if it can't be fixed I'd be fine with switching off Starting Warrior and Worker once (if) they start causing crashes, but Settler and Faith need to be active for at least the first 200 turns.
It shouldn't, that's a pain.

I have come up with a suggestion born of the feeling i get that there could be more emphasis on war between good and evil.

The idea is to have a mid/late game ritual available only to evil civs that calls forth a hero who starts a dramatic chain reaction (also incr to armageddon counter).

x turns later all Evil and Good civs change to be at a state of war.

Whats in it for Evil Civs:

The civ completing the ritual gets a hero.
Rewarded with free units (or some other suitable reward) for every good city that is razed.

Whats in it for Good:

Well not alot really its fight or die.
Killing the evil hero should lead to a powerful artifact that can be picked up.

Whats in it for Neutral

Neutral get to choose to either side with good or evil or abstain.
If they choose to enter the war then they become subject to same conditions as outlined above.

The enforced war only ends when either the evil hero is killed or when 50% of good cities destroyed.
I also thought that over/under-council membership could be woven into this event somehow, such as defensive pact amongst the good civs.

So thats it: I think it would make players feel more on edge playing as Good if you have Evil civ near by (and vice versa), currently i can play out most of the game without any war at all (unless i attack).

I know its all a bit sketchy and very LOTR flavoured but i reckon it could be epic!

If you like this so much that you feel the need to post it in two different threads, why don't you try making it your self?

After all, every moder here started like that.

I only put this idea into this thread as someone suggested it was an appropriate place for it. Apologies if thats bad etiquette.

Unfortunately i'm not a modder myself just a fan of FFH.

You should try it. I started out like you and now I am nearly done with a new race.
Also it is way more fun than just playing.

Will this work for any mod or is it Rife specific?

Also, play > work any day imo ^ ^

But if you enjoy what you're working on it's not really work. I'm taking classes on some code and hope to begin modding by the end of the summer, or whenever I get Civ5.

Top Bottom