• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Monarch Student IX - Mansa Musa.

Spoiler :

+1652:to oppose Viki, I'll need all the land i can gather, so sorry Ram.
MSIXMM+1652.DoW.Ram0000.JPG
+1654:Thebes captured.
MSIXMM+1654.Thebes.captured0000.JPG
+1684:Sorry Sal.

Several turns later Viki DoWes Sal too and lands a weird stack of Anti-tanks, SAM-inf. and cavalry at his doorstep. Well, at least it's not me.
1684:Sal is dead:
MSIXMM+1684.-Sal0000.JPG
The next turn Ram vassals voluntarily to Viki, dragging into a war against me. I immediately get swarmed by 40+ destroyers.
1700:An AP election took place. Note that Lincoln is voting for me despite the state of war.
MSIXMM+1700.AP.Elections0000.JPG
1774:Althoug all my seafood got pillaged and all transcontinental trade routes cut, my brave cavalry with brave cannons finishes off Ram.
MSIXMM+1724.ram.dead0000.JPG
There was almost a century when that English destroyers were polluting my seas. I built about 5 or so, but it is very very very difficult to fight 40 destroyer with 5.
Finally wiki is willing to talk and take biology for peace.
MSIXMM.peace.viki0000.JPG
I countinued building up and teching ahead. I did not know what to do, but space victory seemed sensible - i was teching faster than Viki and had more production.
However, about 1830 i got declared again. She even landed a stask and captured a poorly defended city (however, most of my cities were poorly defended).
All seafood got pillaged again, but this time not for long - i quickly built a fleet of Missile Cruisers and shredded her silly destroyers with air support.
During the war she landed 3 more stacks in egyptian mainland, capturing badly-garrisoned cities, but never could hold a city for more than 2-3 turns. It must be kill-to-lose ratio that made her finish this war as follows:
MSIXMM+1856.peace.wiki.again0000.JPG
I built up units during the next 10 turns, and by the time election came, i had an Anti-Abe stack ready to attack and claim the 0.1% land remaining toward the domination limit Ans several turtle stacks to ward off her fleet while i'm killing Abe. But, i suddenly won UN.
MSIXMM+1868.diplomatic.victory0000.JPG
I'll attach a post-victory save.
View attachment MSIXMM+1868.post-victory.save.CivBeyondSwordSave
Mabe later i will feel in particularly warmongerish mood to attack Wiki and see all that modern units in action, but enough of her for now.

@michmbk
Spoiler :

Yeah, it must be barbs. After all, she's alone on the continent, she must be swarmed by them. It would be fun if someone posts a game with something like
BC-2010. The English civilization was destroyer.

michmbk:

Spoiler :

Good game, probably your best so far.
I don't know about your Vicky. In my game I was totally backward after that long classical war vs Sury, but she was doing a lot better anyway. CS and construction @1100 AD is weird.
Maybe has something to do with the great lighthouse. I don't remember if she had it in my game, but it can be gamebreaking for her, with all those little islands.

You did the right thing with Salad and Ram. They are small and backward and should be destroyed at the first opportunity. I was too focused on my continent, looking for a window to attack Wang and then it was "Ops, Wang got both of them".

Main lesson for me is to stop bothering with classical wars, unless it's elephants+catapults. It's really not worth the effort. 4 extra cities, only to find myself generating 100 bpt at 1000 AD. No thanks.

Spoiler :
I figured barbs - I think Ramesses built GLH, so maybe that contributed as well. When I met her, I figured she'd be nothing more than a nuisance, but then read how everyone else had a massive Vicky so I got nervous, but it never really materialized. Had I waited 10-15 more turns with her though, she would have gotten to tanks before I hit London, and that could have been a problem. I beelined for London, and once she lost its wonders, she was done.

I almost never build meaningful numbers of cats or trebs, unless I think I can hit steel early for a quick upgrade of them. It seems like I skip warring between early rush and the beeline to knights/cuirassiers/cavalry/rifles. Some of the better players here seem to be able to do that classical war with maces, cats and trebs, but I can't do it yet. The other thing I noticed I think in your game was rushing Zara and hitting the smaller city first - I always try to hit the capital first in every war I'm in - my thinking is that if I get the capital quick, the rest is easy. I did it with Zara, Ramesses, Saladin and Vicky. That's my big war strategy, and it seems to work when it's feasible.

The biggest thing I'm finding is getting that military city going fast as i can is huge for these wars. Gondar built nothing but military and heroic epic from 1700 BC until about 1700 AD when it finally needed a jail, aqueduct, etc.

One of these days I do need to try for some other victory condition - something different from warmongering!

I think Justinian would be interesting...good rex and military trait, and how fast can you get guilds??

hadn't we enough horsespam with good olg GK? ;)
just is just a clean and handsome version! however he is interesting - settler first seems sensible with him too.

hadn't we enough horsespam with good olg GK? ;)
just is just a clean and handsome version! however he is interesting - settler first seems sensible with him too.

I love me them horse units. After shadowing that noble game building 150 horse units and 5 warriors, I'm always ready for more horses.

But Charlie is ok - I think the only time I played him was early on after getting the game in an abandoned fail game...so it'll be good to try him now that I'm a little more seasoned.

When's this sucker getting posted? I have some free time tonight and need something to pass it! Not going to have much time over the weekend, especially if the weather's nice and i need to get out to the golf course.

Spoiler :
just started this today. I'm suprised i haven't seen anyone skirmisher rush. the map BEGS for it. So thats what i did. no second city build just ah archery gg? Got 7 skirmishers and owned him. took what was left of my skirmishers while chopping ones in my capital and the other capital i took. took sury cap and another city but his last garrison was too beefy. sued for peace, grabbed the iron and came back with 7-8 swordsmen. he built two more cities but they we're no match. that was that as they say.

However, i grabbed the two cities on that little peninsula where the fish and the iron are. took a barb city north where the pigs and crabs are near mid of map. settled two more. my units went on strike lols. Had to rearrange tiles to make it happen and at about 1400 ad i'm finally at around 500 beakers. Won the lib race but wang doesn't wanna trade jack with me even at pleased. Decided to scope out other nation to unlock his monopoly on tecs. Met lizzy with a HUGE island all to her self /shrug. After seeing that i decided to take a break.

The skirmisher rush works so well this map because the ai doesnt seem to wanna build on hills, and the two guys next to you aren't protective so no super archers of doom to deal with. If any of you are having a hard time fighting for land i suggest you try it, it worked awesome for me. By the time your done u have wang boxed in and room for about 12-15 cities. :goodjob:

Spoiler :
ok, so i finished the game. I decided i wanted nothing to do with the english so i took over my own continent. cannons and rifles were overpowering his protective longbows of doom np. he had 3 island cities left after i made him cap and being such the nice wang that he is he gave me one of them:goodjob: that was actually HUGE and i'll tell ya why.

After wang fell i went after saladin and rams with inf and artillery. seems that was a bit over kill they both were rocking bowman and an occasional grenadier.so i'm trippin at this point because it doesnt look like there in enough land on that continent for a domination win. so what do i do? i settled every sqaure inch of craptastic land to the northern extremities of icey hell (wewt oxymoron ftw!) and bootsed slider all that way up to 100%. the LAST city i settled popped twice and that won it for me. It was so close i wasn't really feeling up to the task of taking on the english. it worked out beautifully =P. 1840 something dom win 70k.

heres the last save i did before winning. my troops are storming the island of rams and sally. If anyone see ANYTHING i did wrong or could do better with my cities don't be shy I'd love ot hear some advice. Oh and i also accidntly moved my palace to somewhere i didn't want to but i was too lazy to fix it lols.

Attachments

• MSIXMM AD-1802.CivBeyondSwordSave
    325.4 KB · Views: 71
Top Bottom