MOO2Civ

First off, as a general comment, I'd like to quote fellow-modder Grave:

Almost ALL interface issues are caused by improper installation in some way or another.

So the first thing to do is to check if the mod is installed properly. That being said, there are several complaints about instant CTDs with both patches 4k and 4l. It cannot really be Vista-related, as my MP tester doesn't use Vista and he can play patch 4k, but not 4l. (I do use Vista and have no problems with either patch.) :crazyeye:

I've mentioned this on the MOO2Civ Bugs/Errors thread: I suggest using a previous patch if that works OK, as I'm currently unable to fix any bugs or errors (my BtS is still not working). So, if patches 4k and 4l don't work, try patch 4i here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=12437.

Once I get BtS up and running again, I'll focus on getting a (hopefully bugfree) patch up again.

Jeelen, I took your comment (above) about installation as appropriate to my problem. Uninstalled everything and reinstalled. Lo, it worked. Except...now there are no planets. On any map. And I tried several. Planet orbs are there as is information about the system, etc., but no visual. Went into World Builder, same thing. Now what?
FYI, I'm running Win2xPro and everything else works, including other Mods.

It still sounds like an installation problem to me, but if you can't find anything wrong with that I suggest reverting back to patch 4i: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downlo...=file&id=12437.

I apologize for not putting together an Installation thread on the subforum, but I'm having some install problem of my own over here. (BtS currently not being on my PC.) :sad: Once I have that sorted out, I'll be able to return working on MOO2Civ - including bugs and errors... :crazyeye:

As someone posted in another forum on this mod, those of us who have come late have a problem. What (and where) is the original "base" version to download and apply all these patches to?
Also, has anyone had experience using this mod with Windows 7?
thanks

Well, welcome hrh! :goodjob:

And a good question there regarding Windows 7.

As for the 'base version', the patch 4l download page (http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=13379) also lists links to previous patches 4i and 4k - all of these are Full Install 3.19 compatible versions. (In the credits NCCSavage is listed as creator of the original MOO2Civ mod, but that's patch 3.13 compatible only. You can find a link to it in post #1.)

The last 3.17 Full Install version can be found here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=9532

Jeelen, I tried Patch i - three times. Would not run at all. It shows as a Mod on the Load Mod screen, but immediately reverts to the desktop when I start it. Gotta figure it's my computer or me, but in any case, I give up. Sounds like a great game, hope everyone (else) enjoys it. Thanks for trying.

I have the same problem as UncleJoe. I figure though I will just be patient for when you have fixed your BTS problem, JEELEN. :p

I remember having tried this mod earlier and I really love what was done with the solar system and planets. It is a brilliant solution.:thumbsup:

Well, thanks for the vote of confidence - and your patience!

Jeelen, I tried Patch i - three times. Would not run at all. It shows as a Mod on the Load Mod screen, but immediately reverts to the desktop when I start it. Gotta figure it's my computer or me, but in any case, I give up. Sounds like a great game, hope everyone (else) enjoys it. Thanks for trying.

Sorry to hear. BTW, did you check if the ...\Mods\MOO2Civ folder actually contains the downloaded files?

Well, thanks for the vote of confidence - and your patience!

Sorry to hear. BTW, did you check if the ...\Mods\MOO2Civ folder actually contains the downloaded files?

Aye, Captain, that I did, and it's there. Lessee, what's my next line? Oh. I know this ship like the back of my hand!

... but no smooth sailing, I guess. :(

At any rate, I'm finally able to reinstall BtS. (Currently reinstalling patches - mods will be next.) Thanks, ori!

:undecide: Hm - not yet: I got an immediate python fail upon init with BtS, so I may need to re(re-re-)install again...

Hey guys!

I tried this mod some months ago, and dropped by to try the newest version. After reading all the modifications, I really liked wat was made! Especially the part about jumpgates, and the antarans.

Well, downloaded, installed (and yes, all the files are there, the folder contains the actual files), started beyond the sword, loaded the mod.

Went into the Custom Game screen, selected all wanted options, and started the game. When it starts to load it, it just freezes. No CTDs, no warning, just freezes. Only ctrl + alt + del can take me back to desktop.

I`m running windows vista 64 bit.

Don`t know what to do...

Top Bottom