MOO2Civ

The main download page already has an alternative download at StrategyInformer, following trouble reported with 2shared.

Except...now there are no planets. On any map. And I tried several. Planet orbs are there as is information about the system, etc., but no visual. Went into World Builder, same thing. Now what?
FYI, I'm running Win2xPro and everything else works, including other Mods.

Yeah, I got the same problem. You can load the mod and a scenario normally, but when you get to your first turn, there are no planets, no spacial anomalies, and more importantly, no interface visible.

I am running XP and my other base BTS game mods do the same thing, but other downloaded mods work properly! :dubious:

NPM

That's a bit confusing (also considering that MOO2Civ doesn't have scenarios so far, just mapscripts), but a no interface issue usually relates to improper installation, so that should be the first thing to check.

---

Meanwhile, MOO2Civ patch 4l Full Install is now officially at 1,600+ downloads (2,500+ downloads total including downloads from StrategyInformer).

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=13379

That's a bit confusing (also considering that MOO2Civ doesn't have scenarios so far, just mapscripts), but a no interface issue usually relates to improper installation, so that should be the first thing to check.

When I say "scenario" what I mean is I pick a map and a leader, and this part works properly. After the game begins is when the mod fails to work.

Interestingly enough, I "have" another computer (at work) that I play CivIV on and I installed CivIV on both of these computers (mine and the one at work - actually, most of the civ files are on my ipod) at the same time. The one at work can play the mods, but mine at home can't. AFAIK, they are similar in processing power (PentII about 2.8 GHz) and age.

NPM

I have not been able to get the 4Ipatch download to work. CTD with the wormhole map script or any other map trying single player custom game.

OK, is it installed as it should be and are all the files in the mod folder?

When I say "scenario" what I mean is I pick a map and a leader, and this part works properly. After the game begins is when the mod fails to work.

Interestingly enough, I "have" another computer (at work) that I play CivIV on and I installed CivIV on both of these computers (mine and the one at work - actually, most of the civ files are on my ipod) at the same time. The one at work can play the mods, but mine at home can't. AFAIK, they are similar in processing power (PentII about 2.8 GHz) and age.

NPM

:lol: You're saying you can play the mod at work but not at home? Actually, that's even more confusing; do the PCs use different OSes?

I'm very excited to see a MOO II mod for Civ4! I've love that game.

I tried the latest version and never got to start a game. Either the game would crash or it would freeze. I hope you keep working on it though, I'd love to come play it when it's a more finished project!

Welcome fulano! Sorry to hear about your trouble... there have been multiple bug/error reports that I unfortunately could not confirm on my end. If patch 4l is installed as should be and it's not working you could try an earlier patch (they are linked on the patch 4l download page).

Yes but I want the latest and greatest features. :) Is anybody still working on the mod or are you just maintaining it?

is patch 4i a patch or the full version i?

If it says Full Version it's a full version, so yeah. ;)

Yes but I want the latest and greatest features. :) Is anybody still working on the mod or are you just maintaining it?

I understand that. To be true, I reckon I might have released patch 4l too early (following reported problems with playing patch 4k). Although the latest patch includes TC01's mapscript/scenario, it is not working as should be; I included it anyway on the off chance that anyone might spot what's the problem with it. As for working on it, I'm currently on sort of a forced modding break.

i dont know why but i downloaded already l-version and even the k-version, and got it in the right path /bts/mods/moo ...
but i cant even see the mods in the mod list of bts.
what i did wrong? :scan:

Vista, Civ-Version 3.19 bts

The correct path is Firaxis Games\Civ 4\BtS\Mods (unless you have BtS installed in another way). Apparently the auto-installer installs into a new directory called Civ 4\BtS\Mods... I've already tried to correct this twice, but the original path keeps reappearing - which is why the alternative download (via Strategy Informer) is now without auto-installer. Hope that helps.

but also there i get the "install program" or is it just called so?
elsewhere guess i have a mod problem allover
i tried it in all civ pathes i could find, but they dont work for me :(

elsewhere, hope u keep working on it, moo and civ for ever xD

/edit
i got it :)
but now unfort. when i starting the mod, and its launching
the map, i get an error "exe stopped working .."

nebu:

If you're having problems in general with mods it might be a good idea to reinstall civ. (although if you do, you'll have to repatch to 3.19)

[party]:xtree::snowcool::newyear:
Happy non-denominational winter celebration!

i tried it in all civ pathes i could find, but they dont work for me :(

elsewhere, hope u keep working on it, moo and civ for ever xD

/edit
i got it :)
but now unfort. when i starting the mod, and its launching
the map, i get an error "exe stopped working .."

Well, there have been several reports of the latest patches not working as should be, but this one is new for me... do you have any problem getting another mod to work or is it just MOO2Civ?

you use language like the latetest patch not working, in the first post it says the latest patch is the complete mod. Which is it, a patch or a complet mod. IF it is a patch where is the complete mod. Has anyone got the download of patch L to work?

Top Bottom