1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

MOO2Civ

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Agent327, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Ah, OK. Thanks for mentioning that. Perhaps then it's time to get a decent anti-virus program (if you're not getting a new PC any time soon).

I'll wait and see if any more error reports show up.

2. Asthix

Asthix Prognosticator

I thought I DID get a decent antivirus!:crazyeye:

Anyway, that save is broken, I guess. It has no planets, so the city screen has all dead rock instead of yeilds. Have you had this happen B4?

Attached Files:

3. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Not me, nor has it been reported - though I'd be very interested to know if more people experience this. (Thanks for the save, but in future please post these on the Bugs/Errors thread - it helps letting me keep track of things.)

As for AV programs: I have several and still get some virus or spam on occasion (and my comp's not a 1,000 years old).

4. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

OK, according to the DL counter I now have 11 downloads for the 5.0 Beta. That's not even going to give proper feedback, so I'll be uploading the Beta as a regular file, as I really need to know if I can use this version for further modding.

I'll check back here when it's up.

5. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

I've uploaded the official MOO2Civ 5.0 Beta here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=14034

Please note that this is a bare bones version; it does not have any new content (in fact TC01's mapscripts are currently not included, nor is the custom music - both of which will be re-added later). I'm uploading it anyway, as it is stable - as far as I can tell - for those who've been reporting isues with the last 2 or 3 patches and for feedback purposes mainly. So if anyone is still experiencing bugs/errors please report them.

EDIT: This is the same file mentioned earlier, except the file itself and the ini. file have been renamed MOO2Civ Beta.

6. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

7. Webrider

Webrider Chieftain

there is something wrong here. you're the only one posting. If people could get the mod to work you would have discussion from others. otherwise they try it delete it and move on. I may be wrong here and hope I am. But I have not been able to get your mod to work. I have several mods on my machine. RIse of Mankind 2.71 for multi and 2.81 for single. FFH2 patch J fall further .51 patch c , Fall further plus or RIse from Erebus now 1.2, Orbis Mod, Planetfall, Dune,

They all work. They all have people discussing their mods on their threads, this one doesn't.

8. Asthix

Asthix Prognosticator

Works for me, I'm just a slow player.

9. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

I can't help it if few people post (BTW, there is a MOO2Civ subforum here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=354 with plenty of discussion opportunity and a Bugs/Errors thread). Without further info I can't really give advice on why the mod isn't working, although there have been a number of reports on bugs with the last 2-3 patches (also on this thread). I would personally like a bit more discussion, but it's been on and off ever since I started this thread early in 2008.

(Which reminds me, I forgot to update post #1.)

EDIT: Corrected.

10. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

I just tested out the Beta version and I'm already getting 20 seconds of lag by turn 40. I'm playing a Huge FF map, with 11 species, and all other settings normal, so I don't see why I should be so laggy already.

11. Magma

Magma Chieftain

I can confirm the lag, but the positive is that beta version works for me. I will give some feedback once I have played through a game or two. I take my time though. :)

12. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

You're also getting 20 secs turn lag by turn 40? (Taking your time is definitely preferable to no feedback at all, so...)

Nor do I. Any PC specs? (Could be that I've gotten used to run lag with FF based mods by now, so I barely notice it myself anymore...)

In any case, merging in St Martin's CAR mod (mentioned in the subforum) should then definitely improve things.

On another note, perhaps it's about time to add a specific Gameplay Feedback thread to the subforum.

13. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

My PC's a dual-core Athlon 3400, with a 512 Mb graphics card and 4 GB of RAM. I can run RoM on Huge/Marathon fairly well, so MoO2 on Huge/Standard shouldn't be a problem!

I think CAR would be an excellent idea. Afforess also has some clever ways to improve general coding if you have a chat with him.

14. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Congrats on your PC! (I think I have only 2 gigs of RAM.) So, it's definite about the lag. And I'll think about contacting Aforess (his ROM AND is no small accomplishment, if I may say so.) Thx.

15. globalempire

globalempire Chieftain

could somebody post a link so icould download it. This mod looks nice.

16. mamba

mamba Chieftain

You mean other than the links in the first post ? :D

Usually the very first post in any mod thread contains the links to the latest versions - as is the case here too.

17. mike9o

mike9o Chieftain

How do you colonize in MOO2Civ? I added a new colony but food and hammers are both zero so growth is impossible. There are 6 planets in the solar system. What am I doing wrong?

Regarding lag, at turn 143 mine is maybe 30 seconds using XP, a C2D E6600 and 2 gigs of memory. I am using a GT260 video card but am Folding in the background. :cool:

18. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

19. mike9o

mike9o Chieftain

I'm using 5.0. I have tried double left clicking on star systems but no system info comes up. Also, I choose Utopia as a Labor policy to get the 1+ food but no food shows up in my colony. Lastly, I have the highest population, so it doesn't appear that the computer players are colonizing either. Any ideas?

20. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Something doesn't sound right... What map are you on?