1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

More AI craziness

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by PierreBonaparte, Jul 17, 2012.

1. PierreBonaparte

PierreBonaparte Chieftain

I'm starting to think now that the crazy AI wasn't fixed in G&K:sad:
    I started an archipeligo game ith Dido, and shared my island with Russia.
    Literally 13 turns into the game, she denounces me:eek:
    Can anybody tell me why this happening?:confused:

2. Miravlix

Miravlix King

Because your weak and you in her face.

Nothing even remotely crazy about it.

3. Callonia

Callonia Deity

Denounce her back and enjoy some old fashioned polynesian island warfare and scrape.

4. compwiz1202

compwiz1202 King

Even crazier last night was Genghis with his denounce and then like two turns later asking for an embassy. And he did it like three times during the game until he finally declared.

5. Major_Heartfire

Major_Heartfire Chieftain

The AI analyzes you and decides it has a favorable position so it harasses you. Plus, Dido probably things Catherine would jump in if given the opportunity. Catherine loves playing the "pile on the weak" game.

6. smallfish

smallfish Immortal

That's not crazy. That's a sign he is about to attack you. Asking for embassies is like asking for open borders for those shifty eyed types.

7. compwiz1202

compwiz1202 King

I don't think he asked for open borders, although I guess it does let him see my capital. And actually the biggest sign is always the same as I see a load of units move toward my border.

8. apocalypse105

apocalypse105 Deity

Really can you blame him you're on a tiny island with her (archipelo) So of course she is not going to like you at least she's honest about it.

9. Kerosene31

Kerosene31 Prince

Yeah, if you share a small island with another civ on an archipelago map, war is pretty much inevitable. I don't play very warlike usually, but if I am in this situation, I'm rushing some military tech and rushing the other civ.

10. omnishakira

omnishakira Warlord

pretty standard

11. draaibaar

draaibaar Warlord

Playing Immortal on a Archipello map, I could steal crab from Byzantium with my fourth city from their capital Constantinople from the second ring! And they did already have dromon's so they could make fishingboats. I couldn't believe my eyes.

12. Erneiz Hyde

Erneiz Hyde Warlord

I noticed that when a friendly civ suddenly dows you the next turn, you can still ask for embassy exchange as if you're still friendly (no extra 7 gold like when Guarded or 37 when hostile). The leader animation is also showing the friendlier animation.

13. rsadiwala95

rsadiwala95 Chieftain

because Catherine is jealous of ur beauty....:p

Lol
    Actually, AI does it When it Thinks that It can Easily Wipe You Out, Such Early denominations mean War is Not a Choice, Its Compulsion....

14. SnowThief

SnowThief Chieftain

The AI is about as random as what words you decide to capitalize. :)

15. rsadiwala95

rsadiwala95 Chieftain

LoL....:lol:

Well The AI IS Random, But when u Get used-to playing Civ 5, The AI BEcomes Predictable a Lot...
    Eg.
    1. If the AI is Friendly but does not accept DoF, then this means WAR...
    2. If a AI asks for Embassy Randomly, This Means WAR....rejecting postpones the war
    3. If u see AI Scouts or Caravels Fortified 1 / 2 tiles away from ur border That means There will Be War in 20 to 30 turns..
    4. If YOUR Spies Tell that "XYZ has launched a Sneak Attack on ur ABC City..." Then This Also Means War...Sneak attack means he will enter ur lands through other Civ or Non-Allied CS
    5. If your Neighbor is Montezuma/napoleon/Attila, This Always Means WAR
    And loads More

16. Erneiz Hyde

Erneiz Hyde Warlord

Lol at #1 and I noticed that as well. I'm more relieved if my neighbours are neutral instead of friendly. They always declare war when they're friendly but never when neutral.

I also noticed #2, and I think it's so they can scout ahead how my capital is doing! or if we just met then it's to find out where my capital is.

And #5, if you have neighbor at all and the AI doesn't have another neighbor to focus all their hate on, there WILL be war regardless of who they are. Gandhi is sometimes even more lunatic than most when he start near me.

17. bonafide11

bonafide11 Worker

The AI denounced you early on... So it's crazy now? Huh? :confused:

18. booyachris

booyachris Chieftain

the key to good relations is religion. I set up a map for Ethiopia on Pangaea immortal. My opponents were selected as: France, Huns, Germany, England, China, Japan, Aztecs. My neighbors were China and Germany, Germany was real close. The whole game my allies were Monty and Bismarck, because they never founded a religion and I converted them. While on the flip side, I only converted the smaller cities of England and China, and I spent various stretches of war with these two. Atilla continually DoWed me, but was too far away, and was at war with everybody else.

note: spreading religion to civs that have already established their religion does not create friendly relations. Quite the opposite. Natural spread doesn't seem to create negative diplo modifiers, so I tend to target surrounding city-states.

19. rsadiwala95

rsadiwala95 Chieftain

U Allied with Monty, Are u Crazy....!!!! :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    What Difficulty is This...??? Was Domination Victory Disabled...??

20. tyrael233

tyrael233 Chieftain

Nothing wrong with allying monty...!!!!:confused::confused::confused::crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye::rolleyes::rolleyes: