• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

More bombards and other war machines! (a request)

MMMkay...
no more 'madness'.

This time, it's warhammering time. I think.

I'm sorry about the dwarf - it doesn't look like in the pictures, but my skills aren't sufficient to make better looking dwarf (I hope this is ok).

Another note, I had to make up a lot of stuff for this organ, since the pics show only the 1/2-front, no rear. And as this dwarf is pushing this organ, I had to make a push-rail for him to grab onto :)

Any comments/suggestions?

YEEEAAAH :goodjob:

It's wonderful, including the dwarf :D Just try to keep him small, but not too much so non-fantasy people may use it (siege cannon guy was perfect size I'd say).

I have a couple of seige weapons that I'm still working at texturing/finishing, but I'm still not comfortable with human animation. If aaglo (or any of the other Poser guru's for that matter) are interested, I'd be happy to finish them up and post them in .3ds and/or .obj format if they want to do the actual animating.

RT,they look awesome :thumbsup:

And then: excuse me for asking, but ...
what in the world is that second one? A bunch of stics? :lol:
I think I've never seen anything like that...

Oh, I'm not using poser, I have no use for 3ds nor obj -files :(

Aaglo

Could you put the guy who throws boiling tar and rocks and stuff that I mentioned earlier in this thread on your to do list :D??

The animation?

It would just be a peasent with a cauldron. The attack would be him throwing the contents of the cauldron at the guy infront of him, whatever the hell is insed pouring out towards the enemy.

the second ripptide's picture looks like a battle wagon to me. I would add some spikes and fill it with snots :D
i could try them, though the object must be posable (movable parts) to animate in poser. also i'm not sure how these machines should work... esp. the first one.. it looks like a sort of stone crossbow.

basically thats what it is embryodead. a large form of crossbow that would fire long metal or heavy wood bolts. And basically they would be posable, I tend to group the objects into functional blocks for when I animate them in Max, so for example the first one would have both crossbow arms attached to vertical pivots, the entire upper assembly on a vertical pivot. Still havn't completely worked out what I want to do for a carriage yet. That be workable for importing as an obj?

and sorry for the poor image, the second is supposed to be a battering ram tower, just don't have all the ropes for the large log done yet

I think the battering ram shack looks great :) Looks like something a group of boyscouts (or barbarians I suppose) would build in a weekend to assault the Dairy Queen (or local castle if the former hasn't been invented yet). The balista (right?) is also wonderful.... Same for the volley cannon. And why are those dwarves forming a conga line ? :)

Top Bottom