• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

More bombards and other war machines! (a request)

I've already forgot how difficult it is to animate these human units with pov-ray. So, it'll take some time. Here are previews of the default & fidget... And I think the next update will be in the units forum...:crazyeye:

Originally posted by aaglo
I've already forgot how difficult it is to animate these human units with pov-ray. So, it'll take some time. Here are previews of the default & fidget... And I think the next update will be in the units forum...:crazyeye:

POV-Ray?!
I used POV-Ray for surfaces of revolution ;)
Are you using Moray?

I have moray, but I don't use it - I haven't had time to learn to use it. I'm quite comfortable with pov-ray interface :lol: (in case you don't know, there is no interface in pov-ray; everything is done by writing text) ;)

Everything I've done is made with pov-ray.

I have moray, but I don't use it - I haven't had time to learn to use it. I'm quite comfortable with pov-ray interface :lol: (in case you don't know, there is no interface in pov-ray; everything is done by writing text) ;)
your just writing text? Sounds rather easy(I know its properly not), but does this mean you can animate without really having any animating skills?

No it doesn't mean that. :p

All those movements are given with mathematical functions (mainly sin and cos) modified with a 'clock'-variable. It's rather complicated, and I wouldn't want to explain it anymore here :p

[EDIT]: Yoda, what the heck did you do with your avatar :lol:

All those movements are given with mathematical functions (mainly sin and cos) modified with a 'clock'-variable. It's rather complicated, and I wouldn't want to explain it anymore here :p
fair enough;)

Yoda's avatar has two pbs :

- 1 it is reckless (that is why he changed all the time)
- 2 : he mistook a slimming pill (actually the entire bottle of them) for sweets.
:p

Yoda's avatar has two pbs :

- 1 it is reckless (that is why he changed all the time)
- 2 : he mistook a slimming pill (actually the entire bottle of them) for sweets.

BTW aaglo : do you check your PMs ?

Great idea... how many would notice the difference ;)

I have been trying to figure out where you got that avatar. Now I know.
I would love all these siege machines because I'm selfish and I want them all for my mod. :D

Originally posted by Yoda Power
your just writing text? Sounds rather easy(I know its properly not), but does this mean you can animate without really having any animating skills?

:lol:

The important thing is he's modelling with text.
Animating with text is fairly easy.

aaglo have you thought about making a gatling kind of attack animation?

the rest of this post is complete off-topic so please dont read it unless you have insultet my avatar

Top Bottom