• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

More Civilisations

ahahahHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

thats what happens when you replace all instances of GE (Greater Europe) in a file with MC (More Civs).

This is why we take precautions, people! Hence why I always replace _??? with _CL when doing that sort of thing. Pouakai knows what I mean ;)

By the way, updated Macedon DoM! (bolded for visibility)
The blessings of the gods shower down upon you, oh mighty Alexander! You rule the great kingdom of Macedon, the most powerful empire in the world! In a mere fraction of a lifetime, you led your armies to victory after victory, creating an empire stretching from Illyria to the Indus Valley. Art and literature, philosophy and science, all flourished within the kingdom, spreading the Hellenic culture across the known world. Thanks to your reign, Macedon dominated the Old World, both militarily and culturally!
Oh, bold Alexander, your empire did not long survive after your tragic death. Split between your generals and lost to foreign forces, the empire crumbled without your impeccable guidance. But your people stand ready to march to war, to spread the great Greek culture to millions and to bring you everlasting glory! Are you ready to accept your destiny, King Alexander? Will you lead your people to triumph and greatness? Can you build a civilization that will stand the test of time?

This is technically a double post, but I feel that if I don't make a new post Pouakai will skim over all my text as usual ;) ;) ;)

Hail, Attalus I of the Attalid dynasty, great king of Pergamon! Liberating your people from the Galatian terror that had haunted the lands for generations, you earned the name of Soter, cementing yourself as a great protector and saviour of the Greeks! An excellent general and loyal ally, you were respected by your friends and rightly feared by your foes. Your bold and noble actions and tactical prowess during wars with the remnants of Macedonia expanded your territory, and established Pergamon as a mighty regional power!
Oh, Attalus Soter, Pergamon cries out for your aid! Beset by barbarians and in dire peril from aggressive nations, it seems as if all your work has been undone. Will you rise up as your people’s saviour once more? Will you succeed in securing the safety and power Pergamon so richly deserves? Will you build a civilization that will stand the test of time?

With that, I think all of the DoMs are done, hence rendering me now useless. Oh well, at least I'll still get a credit.

i just played a game with your Hawaii civ and the UB can't be built, and also i think the UA doesn't work. The Tonga and Rapa Nui work just fine i think and are very fun to play.

I'm having the blank grey leaderscreen issue with Calusa and Oman - is there any quick fix I can do? Thanks for all the work, can't wait to see what you boys come up with next XOXO

Here's the first part of the Macedon Pedia:

Macedon:
Spoiler :

History:
From its roots as a petty kingdom in the foothills of the Balkans, the Kingdom of Macedon rose to prominence as the hegemon of a vast empire, spanning from Southeastern Europe to the gates of India. Its rise was the result of the brilliant efforts of two leaders: Philip II, who subordinated the bickering polities of the Balkans and Greece under his will, and his son Alexander, who used this concentrated base of power to conquer to the reaches of the Classical world. After Alexander’s death, the unified Macedonian Empire splintered into a number of less powerful successor states, but the Kingdom of Macedon itself managed to maintain its power in Northern Greece until its defeat and conquest by the rising power of Rome.

Terrain and Climate:
Macedon’s original territory lay in what is now Northern Greece and Southern Macedonia. The ancient first capital of Macedon, Aegae, was founded in the foothills of the Vermio Mountains in Northern Greece, and Ancient Macedon generally was in hilly country. The climate in this region of the Balkans is generally cooler than in Southern Greece, with cool autumns and snowy winters.

Mythological History:
In Greek Mythology, the region of Macedon was first differentiated from Thrace, the Greek name for everywhere north of Thessaly by the hero Makedon. Makedon’s parentage is ambiguous, with his father being attested to as various different gods in different mythological texts, from Zeus to Osiris. As a mythological figure, much about Makedon is shrouded in mystery, but he’s typically portrayed as journeying to Macedonia from Epirus.

The Early Macedonian Kingdom:
The first attested king of Macedon is Carranus, a possible descendant of the king of Argos who claimed the lineage of Heracles. Carranus founded the city of Aegae as well as the Argead dynasty, the house that would rule over the Macedonian Kingdom, and later Empire, until the death of Alexander and the resultant civil wars. The first Macedonian king recorded by Herodotus was Perdiccas I; in some sources, he or his son Argaeus I are listed as the true founders of Aegea.
By the close of the 6th Century, Macedon had become a vassal state of the Achaemenid Empire under Darius I. While the Ionian revolt did embolden Macedon to loose itself slightly from the Persian grip, the ultimate failure of that rebellion allowed the Persian commander Mardonius to conquer Macedon and make it a subordinate kingdom of Persia. Even while technically part of Persia, Macedon was beginning to grow closer to Greece, with King Alexander I known as “The Philhellene” for his deeds in forming a Greek-style hoplite regiment known as the pezhetairoi and in secretly aiding the Greeks in the Persian Wars. After the defeat of Persian, Macedon was not heavily involved in the Peloponnesian wars, though they were allied to both the Delian and Peloponnesian Leagues at various points throughout the conflict.

Does taking a Civilopedia entry from Civ IV count? If yes, then also cross Pericles out of the list.
Spoiler :
Pericles was a model statesman, a beloved citizen, and a determined general, leading Athens during its golden era of prosperity. Pericles was born in 495 BC in the Greek city state of Athens to the wealthy Alcmaeonid family. Though he later went on to lead Athens through the Peloponnesian war, he spent the majority of his early life in quiet study. It is believed that his studies in philosophy greatly influenced his later political career, and Pericles would use his influence with the Athenian people to further promote the arts and literature.

Pericles debuted on the political stage in 472 BC when he sponsored the Persae of Aeschylus, a popular tragedy, during the spring festival of Dionysus. This cemented his position as a wealthy and influential man in the minds of the citizens, and gave him the influence necessary to assist in breaking up the Areopagus, a traditional council of wealthy landowners that ruled over Athens, and later to banish Cimon - one of his key political rivals.

Some scholars have attributed several of the democratic institutions created by Pericles to the eventual downfall of Athens. The Athenian democratic structure was fundamentally flawed - in order to sustain their high quality of life the Athenians would need to subjugate other city states for the tribute they could provide. In the short term, however, this system helped create a powerhouse economy that threatened Sparta and eventually sparked the Peloponnesian war.

Following a heavily defensive strategy, Pericles convinced the people to avoid direct confrontation with Sparta and its allies in favor of quick raids and overseas attacks which would make use of Athens's superior navy. The end result of the campaign would never be seen, as in 430 BC, just two years after the start of the war, a plague broke out in Athens, decimating the population and claiming the lives of Pericles' legitimate children and, eventually, his own.

Does taking a Civilopedia entry from Civ IV count? If yes, then also cross Pericles out of the list.
Spoiler :
Pericles was a model statesman, a beloved citizen, and a determined general, leading Athens during its golden era of prosperity. Pericles was born in 495 BC in the Greek city state of Athens to the wealthy Alcmaeonid family. Though he later went on to lead Athens through the Peloponnesian war, he spent the majority of his early life in quiet study. It is believed that his studies in philosophy greatly influenced his later political career, and Pericles would use his influence with the Athenian people to further promote the arts and literature.

Pericles debuted on the political stage in 472 BC when he sponsored the Persae of Aeschylus, a popular tragedy, during the spring festival of Dionysus. This cemented his position as a wealthy and influential man in the minds of the citizens, and gave him the influence necessary to assist in breaking up the Areopagus, a traditional council of wealthy landowners that ruled over Athens, and later to banish Cimon - one of his key political rivals.

Some scholars have attributed several of the democratic institutions created by Pericles to the eventual downfall of Athens. The Athenian democratic structure was fundamentally flawed - in order to sustain their high quality of life the Athenians would need to subjugate other city states for the tribute they could provide. In the short term, however, this system helped create a powerhouse economy that threatened Sparta and eventually sparked the Peloponnesian war.

Following a heavily defensive strategy, Pericles convinced the people to avoid direct confrontation with Sparta and its allies in favor of quick raids and overseas attacks which would make use of Athens's superior navy. The end result of the campaign would never be seen, as in 430 BC, just two years after the start of the war, a plague broke out in Athens, decimating the population and claiming the lives of Pericles' legitimate children and, eventually, his own.

That's a pretty short civilopedia entry, but it can be expanded upon.

Just a note, the world map on the OP is missing the Anishinaabe.

Hah, Greater Europe, bunch of losers. Wonder what happened to them all.

This is proof that the collapse of Greater Europe was a conspiracy led the More Civs Republic. The Grand Prince has clearly been forced to forget that they were violently deposed. #GreaterEuropeLivesOn.DenmarkAndUKWereGiftsToTheStateNotPostWarAcquisitions.FreeKingdomOfSukritact.

Here's the first part of the Macedon Pedia:

Macedon:
Spoiler :

History:
From its roots as a petty kingdom in the foothills of the Balkans, the Kingdom of Macedon rose to prominence as the hegemon of a vast empire, spanning from Southeastern Europe to the gates of India. Its rise was the result of the brilliant efforts of two leaders: Philip II, who subordinated the bickering polities of the Balkans and Greece under his will, and his son Alexander, who used this concentrated base of power to conquer to the reaches of the Classical world. After Alexander’s death, the unified Macedonian Empire splintered into a number of less powerful successor states, but the Kingdom of Macedon itself managed to maintain its power in Northern Greece until its defeat and conquest by the rising power of Rome.

Terrain and Climate:
Macedon’s original territory lay in what is now Northern Greece and Southern Macedonia. The ancient first capital of Macedon, Aegae, was founded in the foothills of the Vermio Mountains in Northern Greece, and Ancient Macedon generally was in hilly country. The climate in this region of the Balkans is generally cooler than in Southern Greece, with cool autumns and snowy winters.

Mythological History:
In Greek Mythology, the region of Macedon was first differentiated from Thrace, the Greek name for everywhere north of Thessaly by the hero Makedon. Makedon’s parentage is ambiguous, with his father being attested to as various different gods in different mythological texts, from Zeus to Osiris. As a mythological figure, much about Makedon is shrouded in mystery, but he’s typically portrayed as journeying to Macedonia from Epirus.

The Early Macedonian Kingdom:
The first attested king of Macedon is Carranus, a possible descendant of the king of Argos who claimed the lineage of Heracles. Carranus founded the city of Aegae as well as the Argead dynasty, the house that would rule over the Macedonian Kingdom, and later Empire, until the death of Alexander and the resultant civil wars. The first Macedonian king recorded by Herodotus was Perdiccas I; in some sources, he or his son Argaeus I are listed as the true founders of Aegea.
By the close of the 6th Century, Macedon had become a vassal state of the Achaemenid Empire under Darius I. While the Ionian revolt did embolden Macedon to loose itself slightly from the Persian grip, the ultimate failure of that rebellion allowed the Persian commander Mardonius to conquer Macedon and make it a subordinate kingdom of Persia. Even while technically part of Persia, Macedon was beginning to grow closer to Greece, with King Alexander I known as “The Philhellene” for his deeds in forming a Greek-style hoplite regiment known as the pezhetairoi and in secretly aiding the Greeks in the Persian Wars. After the defeat of Persian, Macedon was not heavily involved in the Peloponnesian wars, though they were allied to both the Delian and Peloponnesian Leagues at various points throughout the conflict.

Here's the next bit:

Spoiler :
Philip’s Rise to Power
Philip II of Macedon, the king that would create the conditions for his son Alexander’s conquest of the known world, was not supposed to be king. He was the youngest son of three, and even after his older brothers Alexander II and Perdiccas III took the throne and subsequently died, he only ascended to the throne as regent to his nephew Amyntas IV. Shortly after, though, Philip usurped power from his 6-year-old nephew, and became true basileus of Macedon.

Philip had spent much of his adolescence as a captive of Thebes, and it was on the developed Theban military that he would model his reforms of Macedon’s army. Not only would he more than double the size of the military in general, and increase the cavalry fivefold, he would also create a dedicated corps of siege engineers, introduce uniforms, and appoint commanders to individual phalanxes, all moves that greatly increased the efficacy of the Macedonian army.

The two most important parts of Macedon’s army under Philip, though, were the pike phalanx and the companion cavalry. The pike phalanx, made up of soldiers known as phalangitai, was a clear tactical improvement over the hoplite phalanxes used in the rest of Greece at the time. The pike used by the phalangitai, known as a sarissa, could be around double the length of the dory used by hoplite phalanxes. The phalangitai proved to be a highly effective fighting force, and remained a dominant military tactic in the mediterranean world for centuries to come. The companion cavalry, or hetairoi, were another key part of the Macedonian professional army. The hetairoi were an elite force gathered from the noble sons of Macedon, trained from a young age and outfitted with the best equipment and weaponry available, including a spear known as the Xyston. They played the role of a devastating shock cavalry, used as hammer to the anvil of the phalanx.

Beyond military reform, Philip also continued the hellenization of Macedon, renovating the capital city of Pella and bringing in a number of artists and philosophers, including Aristotle, who would act as tutor for Alexander the Great in his youth.

The Conquest of Greece

In the early years of Philip’s reign, his main achievement was the conquest of the Athenian colony of Amphipolis, a major source of gold and silver. His conquest there, and the diplomatic dealings with Athens that followed, allowed for the establishment of a foothold in Greek affairs and the repeated embarrassment of Athens, who proved unable to recapture the city.

Throughout the two decades from 356 BCE to 337 BCE, Philip amassed a series of similar victories throughout Greece and the Greek world that proved Macedon’s dominance over Athens, Sparta, and other regional powers. Perhaps most important was the Third Sacred War, fought starting in 356 BCE over the Phocian conquest of Delphi. Phocis was backed by both Athens and Sparta, but Macedon, alongside Thessaly and Thebes, was able to achieve victory.

After gaining a positive peace settlement with Athens in 346, wherein Macedon gained control of Thermopylae and a seat on the Amphictyonic League’s council, Philip took a short break from war to improve the inner workings of the Macedonian Kingdom. It was in this period that, in the words of Alexander, Philip would bring “the Macedonians down from the hills to the plains", engaging in systematic migration to improve the centrality of Macedon to the Greek world. After only two years of a full break from conquest, Philip engaged in a two year campaign in Thrace, defeating the Scythian armies in many battles and founding and renaming many cities (renaming cities after the king became a hallmark of Philip and Alexander’s reigns.)

It was in the years 338 and 337 that Philip’s dominance over Greece became complete. First, he achieved victory over the Theban and Athenian armies at the Battle of Chaeronea, ending the threat of two other major Greek powers. Secondly, and more importantly, Philip achieved peaceful hegemony over the remainder of the Greek world not already conquered by him, by the establishment of the League of Corinth, with Philip at its head. The League, made up of all the powers of Greece except for Sparta, immediately drew up plans for a grand invasion of Persia.

Then Philip got assassinated.

Just a couple of small bug reports, I know these are probably old news but I downloaded a few civs that I'd never messed with much before this weekend.

For the Ayyubids, I can't see the madrassa actually does anything that a university doesn't. I had a city producing 22 faith, and so should be getting 2 science per turn bonus, and I couldn't see where it was added in the tooltip, nor did it seem by raw math that I was getting any extra science. Also taking a worker on or off a holy site didn't seem to change anything as far as total science.

The calusa leaderhead isn't loading properly, for its file listing in the modinfo file import needs to be set to 1. Also he doesn't have any diplomacy text, so he's a man of few words when played by the AI.

Narmer was an ancient Egyptian pharaoh of the Early Dynastic Period. Many consider him the unifier of Egypt and founder of the First Dynasty, and therefore the first pharaoh of a unified Egypt.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subscribe| Download

Narmer Updated:
  • Moved Mastaba Info to the top right of the City Screen
  • Updated Mod Support
  • Added Events (E&D)

I'm pleased to say the first event (Ushabti) was created almost entirely and the second (Shunet el-Zebib) was done entirely with my event creator; so I encourage other mod makers to try it out.

Narmer Updated:
  • Moved Mastaba Info to the top right of the City Screen
  • Updated Mod Support
  • Added Events (E&D)

I'm pleased to say the first event (Ushabti) was created almost entirely and the second (Shunet el-Zebib) was done entirely with my event creator; so I encourage other mod makers to try it out.

That's really excellent! Firaxis needs tools like these for Civ 6. How long did it take you to code this? And why does everyone always use pPlayer, I swear I never got that naming convention.

Top Bottom