1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

More Civilisations

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by Pouakai, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

JFK's America

Favoured son of the prestigious Kennedy family, John F. Kennedy came to power as president of the United States during a period of great turmoil. At home, America was facing increasing unrest over civil rights and societal divisions which polarised the country, while overseas the everpresent threat of Communism led America to become more involved in Vietnam, Berlin, and Cuba. JFK marked a fresh, young face full of promise, but his term was marred by controversy and ultimately tragically cut short on November 22, 1963 with his assassination.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subscribe | Download

2. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

But JFD is in New Zealand :confused:

3. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Mysterious Jungle Warrior

Very nice new addition.

4. Pouakai

The Tuareg

The Tuareg are a proud and fierce people found across the Sahara, in places few others would last more than three days. Famed for their mastery of the sands and the skill at which they could navigate the vast expanses, the Tuareg used their prowess for their own gain - sometimes at the expense of others. While they were renowned traders, they would also raid the caravans of others, taking for their own what they could as penance for crossing their land without permission.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subscribe | Download

1760s, Tomatekh, SLGray and 2 others like this.
  5. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Mysterious Jungle Warrior

I believe the Kanem Bornu used Tuareg as mercanaries. Thanks for making this awesome new addition Poukai.

6. domnule_Popescu

domnule_Popescu Chieftain

Hello, I really want to play with the Thracians but the dropbox link is dead. Could you please reupload it?

7. TopHatPaladin

TopHatPaladin Warlord

You can use sites like steamworkshop.download or steamworkshopdownloader.io to directly download the Steam builds, for reference.

(Here's a link to the Thracians on steamworkshop.download.)

8. domnule_Popescu

Awesome! Thank you very much TopHatPaladin.

9. domnule_Popescu

Bună!

So I'm playing with the Romanian civilization and I encountered a tiny bug. After upgrading a crossbowman to a vanator, the game constantly displayed a message "can't load MC_VinatorUnitFlag_32.dds".
    I had to look into the mod files and while the UU is named vanator, the .xml files refer to it as vinator.

To fix this: Core > GameInfo > open MC_Romania_IconTextureAtlases and edit the line <Filename>MC_VanatorUnitFlag_32.dds</Filename> to <Filename>MC_VinatorUnitFlag_32.dds</Filename>
    Because if you go in Art > Models the file MC_VinatorUnitFlag_32.dds is here again spelled with an i.

Nothing else to report so far, it is a great custom civ and the bonuses work.

10. Pouakai

Aceh

Once the most powerful state in the eastern Indian Ocean, the Aceh Sultanate was a powerful trading nation from the north of Sumatra. It grew rich off the proceeds of trade through the straights of Malacca and the Islamic faithful passing through whilst on Hajj, proceeds which were used to fund a navy equal to any Europe had to offer. It grew most powerful under Iskandar Muda - Little Alexander - who led it to victories across Indonesia and the Malay peninsula, bringing even Portugal to its knees.

Subscribe | Download

Xandinho, dilophosaur and Stef09 like this.
  11. Pouakai

Motu

For centuries, the Motu have been renowned across the Gulf of Papua and beyond as expert craftsmen of pottery and as navigators of the tradewinds. These skills were borne of necessity, for the Motuan homeland is too harsh for the crops which sustain others in Papua to grow. Instead, the Motuans have set sail annually with the tradewinds since the time of Edai Siabo, bound for foreign shores where they trade their wares for food and other goods. These voyages are tough, and a safe return cause for celebration, all of which has made the Motu into one of the most famed tribes in all of Papua.

Subscribe | Download

dilophosaur and Stef09 like this.
  12. Stef09

Stef09 Warlord

Great to see some new MC mods! Tried The Motu and it's a really interesting civ with quite unique playstyle. Overall works well, just a few things I noticed:

UA:
    - Would tweak the description of the UA a bit. First, clarify that "relevant" is referring to the city-state trait since not immediately clear. Also, the land units get +1 sight when embarked, which is not mentioned.
    - Units with the special embarkation promotion also keep the regular one so basically have two. More clear to disable/remove the regular one for those units if possible.

UU Lagatoi:
    - The turns and extra movement is slightly off. In my first turn outside of friendly territory, I got 4/5 movement (so still only 4 movement). Then in turns 2, 3, 4 and 5 I got 5/5 movement. But then in turn 6 I got 5/4 movement (so again 5 movement, whereas it should have gone back to 4 again). Imo ideal would be showing the extra movement as 5/4 since it's a temporary +1 on top of the standard 4. Attached the logs.
    - Minor thing: font size of the header of the "load cargo" button is smaller than the other buttons
    - When loading cargo, the Uro luxury resource is immediately consumed but the happiness is only decreased in the next turn
    - The WLTKD is working, but didn't see a notification for it. Would be nice to add.

Other:
    - Minor detail but would call it The Motu instead of just Motu (in line with some of your other civs like The Minoans, The Buccaneers, ao)
    - Can you add support for RtP Sovereignty, by adding preferred government?

Attached Files:

13. Stef09

Stef09 Warlord

Not a gamebreaking bug, but for the Naza: a pillaged Geoglyph on flat Desert tile (not Flood Plain) keeps showing the yields that were provided pre-pillaging (instead of removing the yields from the pillaged improvement). It does revert back to plain desert with no worker placement circle on the tile, making the tile unworkable. Attached screenshot to illustrate (mid screen).

Attached Files: