1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

More Civilisations

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by Pouakai, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

Jerusalem

Born out of a sacred desire on the part of the Christian nations of Europe to liberate the Holy Land from those whom they perceived to be heathens, the Kingdom of Jerusalem was the largest of many Crusader states established in the levant by the armies of Europe in the wake of the first crusade. Its large size and position as the home of one of the holiest cities in all of the Abrahamic religions allowed Jerusalem to become suzerain to the other states of the region, and to become a formidable opponent to the Muslim empires of the region. The kingdom remained in this position for over a century, a bastion of Christendom in the holy land, until finally succumbing to Saladin and surviving as a remnant of its former glory. Despite this, the kingdom and its actions imposed a lasting impression upon both the region it once occupied and the religion to which it adhered, a legacy which remains to this day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subscribe | Download

YINGCHENG, Danmacsch, SLGray and 3 others like this.
  2. Mingel

Mingel Chieftain

Congrats !

3. Stef09

Stef09 Chieftain

Really nice, all the different orders look really cool! Can't wait to get all the crusaders! (and the brotherhood... :) )

4. SLGray

SLGray Chieftain

Thanks for the new release.

5. Stef09

Stef09 Chieftain

Having the option to change crusader order every 10 turns in a city feels a bit too frequent & flexible... I would actually prefer only making the decision on which crusader order upon founding the city, which will then stick with the city for the entire game. Would make the city more specialized, so the decision matters more...

6. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

Well you can play it like this if you wish; iirc the main reason for the option was for the Brotherhood decision.

7. Stef09

Stef09 Chieftain

In the rewards-section it's mentioned that, next to the unlocking of the brotherhood order, there's also a 50% chance that cities will convert to the brotherhood. If you make a one-time choice for an order at founding of city, wouldn't this 50%-chance to convert be sufficient (in providing options for the brotherhood to occur), as effectively some cities will flip but some will remain with their inital crusader order? So then you don't need another option to change every 10 turns?

You're right of course that one can already play like that, but above restriction might make the actual choice more valuable and exciting I feel.

Still very enjoyable civ though!!

8. Chrisy15

Well yea, but what if you didn't want your City to become Brotherhood :p

9. Stef09

Stef09 Chieftain

Who wouldn’t want that????? Striped suits and little red hats....!!!! :)

10. OrderofOlav

OrderofOlav King of Procrastination

Awesome! Great job on the release, I still remember the little hint at crusader orders from years ago and getting hyped!

11. Chrisy15

Quick update with like a million really rather important fixes for Jerusalem: now other Civs can train Knights again, and you can no longer give Orders to Cities you liberate.

Posted on behalf of Pookie because he lives on the wrong side of the world :p

[EDIT] Urgh CFC y u pain

12. gersteingoon

gersteingoon Chieftain

Thanks for the new mod! I'm trying to build a custom game in the SDK map editor using Jerusalem, but finding that I can't build any Crusader unit at all. Is there a dummy building that I need to include in the cities, or is the coding behind the mod such that you think it's not good to use in such custom games? thank you.

Edit: solution found. enabling a dummy policy does the trick.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  13. CivHawk

CivHawk Chieftain

I think I'm getting a bug when playing as the Maasai. My workers seem to be able to build farms and pastures... but no other types of tile improvements, even with the prerequisite techs etc. Is this down to not having the Community Patch installed? Is there a non-CP version I can use?

14. gersteingoon

gersteingoon Chieftain

Noticed the Celtic Split nations appearing on the MC map on the front page...if this is any sign that the Celtic Split is a project that is being worked on I can't wait 'til it's dropped!

15. SLGray

SLGray Chieftain

I believe what you see is Mercia and Scotland.

16. gersteingoon

gersteingoon Chieftain

I don't think so - notice the symbol on the right, in the North Sea, that corresponds to the Picts. Likewise, Brittany is there in north-western France. If I recall correctly these appeared when the map was updated to include the recently released Jerusalem.

17. Aegis_Black

Aegis_Black Chieftain

I downloaded Nabatea from the steam workshop and they dont seem to have a desert start bias. Ive atarted a total of 8 games only once started in a desert.

18. Chrisy15

There's a typo in MC_Nabatea_Civilization.sql, yea. Replace code at bottom with following:

Code:
    INSERT INTO Civilization_Start_Region_Priority
                (CivilizationType,                     RegionType)
    VALUES        ('CIVILIZATION_MC_NABATEA',         'REGION_DESERT');

[EDIT] Or just update, since it should now be fixed.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    Aegis_Black and SLGray like this.
  19. Ninten Samuel

Ninten Samuel Chieftain

Hi, When is was try to download The Thracians mod it said that the file is deleted. I was wonder if you give me the mode download. Thanks
    ~ Samuel

20. SLGray

SLGray Chieftain