1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

More Religions

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by Talkie_Toaster, Feb 25, 2008.

1. fishhead

fishhead Chieftain

2. Dabur

Dabur Chieftain

Hi ,

one religion that would a nice addition is ' Shinto ' , see here for one idea wbout it >>> http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=9533

even if it was just to create a bigger distance between the chinese and the japanese and or koreans

the ' protestant ' religion would be nice also to be included , take a look at the monarchy of the united kingdom and the problems that arose there , would lead to intresting gameplay , ..... maybe we would see a french invasion of the uk , .... :mischief:

but how many religions are ' needed ' , ..... ?

how much is to much ?

Have a nice day

3. Metal Alloy Man

Metal Alloy Man Back in Black

There is a Protestantism modcomp by the way Dabur. I can't find it but I know it's around here somewhere.

4. Cethegus

Cethegus Chieftain

Any chance the modcomp might be brought back up?

5. Jinnai

Jinnai Chieftain

Well Hinduism is essentially a Polytheism and Greek religion actually did spread...to Rome, something Hinduism wasn't able to do, ie spread beyond it's borders.

6. johny smith

johny smith Chieftain

Well I just happened to see this post on most recent post section. You are wrong about Hinduism anyway. It was spread to Southeast Asia and Indonesia I know for sure maybe more.

And since this about religions so I figure what hell I will give the link to show what I am working on.
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=10440

7. Verily

Verily Chieftain

Yup, which is why the Khmer should start with a Hindu missionary as well and have their UHV be 40% (or 50%) of the world as Buddhist OR Hindu.

8. caketastydelish

caketastydelish 49ers 2019

In the mod, are you able to choose which religions you want? Say, obviously you wouldn't want eight religions as that would upset the balance, yet you may only want to play with the originals as well.

9. johny smith

johny smith Chieftain

If you are asking about my mod. It is like comparing apples and oranges. You have only 7 religions founded by a tech. But the others are founded by a prophet making a schism, or from the beginning when you create your first city, or now not put into the installer by building a building. So the idea is you lose religions automatically if not your state religion over time, but this part is not complete yet. It is just an alpha.

10. astrognash

astrognash TXT_KEY_CUSTOM_USER_TITLE

We need more ancient religions in RFC. I'm tired of Jewish Greece and Rome! Especially Rome! At the very least we need: Olympianism (Greek and ROman Religion), Mesopotamianism, Heliopolitanism (Egyptian), and Spiritualism (New World Cultures and Celts if they're in RFC)

11. Cethegus

Cethegus Chieftain

Egypt's politically crippled as it is, how would a "unique religion" help its case at all? Even if it was added, wouldn't it give the Egyptians too much teeth against the Arabs when they spawn? Considering they're alive and even somewhat equipped by then.

12. astrognash

astrognash TXT_KEY_CUSTOM_USER_TITLE

Well, perhaps not an Egyptian Religion.And I should revise my earlier statement. For the new world cultures, it should be Sun Worship.

13. ADP101

ADP101 Chieftain

so can anyone upload this mod again? i really want to try it, and hinduism should deffinatly not be removed, its a major religion and spread farther than greek polytheism ever did

Ok honestly this is what i want to see religion wise in RFC:

All the vanilla religions
    other christian religion (causes more wars in europe) :)
    maybe greek polytheism (but script it to die when christianity spreads)
    maybe zoasterism as an early religion (but like greek cause it to die out after judism or chritianity)
    maybe an native american relligion (cuz they dont get benifts of religon when they obviously had one)
    Maybe Sunni and Shiite for the middle east (make persian areas more shiite and arabian region more Sunni)
    no egyption religon (as said earlier they are crippled enough as it is politicaly)
    no removal of vanilla religions, they are all there for a reason, they are major religons and should not be removed

Religious Outburst
    When a religon is found it spreads fast for a while then slows down, this causes more religous veriety so all of europe doesnt stay one religon the whole time. So While everyone is catholic and a french city discovers protestant christianity (sorry i didnt know what word to use besides discover) cities around it or tiles away quickly convert, preasuring civ to change religion.

Religious Freedom Event
    Ok so lets say like England is mainly catholic and one city is reformed or somtin, and they have a colony in america, lets say philidelphia. An event can pop up saying blah blah ppl move for religous freedom blah blah blah. so -1 population in whatever english city, and plus one in phili and reformed spreads there. It adds reality to the game and religous veriety in America.

Similar Religions
    There shouldnt be that big of a "you have fallen under the sway of a heathen religion between similiar religions" that come off of the same base eg: ****te and sunni, Catholicism and protestant etc

Honestly if i could, i would do all of this myself, but i have no knowledge what so ever about Python and XML :(

14. SadoMacho

SadoMacho spanker of civilizations

one could build a mod starting from Panopticon's protestantism mod and use the corporations as other religions. You could add Judaism, Hellenism, Zoroasterism and Egyptian and Mesopotamian polytheism and Aztec blood cults and Incan Religions. You then can use org. religion like mercantilism and theocracy like state property to remove the religions when the big religions appear. The effects of the corporations should be changed a lot of course, and also the cost of spreading them.

15. Cethegus

Cethegus Chieftain

I never came to think corporations could be used as alternative religions. This would create a lot of variety in the game, given that someone would edit the corporations a lot.

16. ADP101

ADP101 Chieftain

i really dont think that would work, cuz u cant set a corperation to be a state religion. and if there are religions and corp religions, that would just make everything confusing

17. SadoMacho

SadoMacho spanker of civilizations

That's just the point, these religions can not be state religions, so no influence on state relations, but you can build a temple (possible with the excisting XML coding if you add temple art), so you have some sort of religion. Using the paganism civic, these corporation religions could have a small bonus. If you would use them as real religions, civs might be theocratic and other "true" religions might not spread.

As these religions would be Judaism, Egyptian religion, Aztec religion,...Christianity and Islam (or others) will replace them by using the civic organised religion and theocraty like merchantilism and state property removing the old religions and going on the the "non-pagan" religion.

18. The_Stranger1

The_Stranger1 Chieftain

I too am hoping someone will put this mod up again :)