1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

More Wonders

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Mod Components' started by Pouakai, Mar 27, 2011.

1. onmy6

onmy6 Prince

You could always use "WHoward's ModTools" it's what I used to combine the 23 wonders into one mod so that I don't have to go through and tick 23 wonders in the mod directory here's a link to "WHoward's ModTools" and the tut to explain how to use it:
    http://www.picknmixmods.com/utilities/modtools/util.html

2. Quizok

Quizok Chieftain

So apart from the ones that say they require an expansion, which wonder mods work with BNW?

3. pyroflare77

pyroflare77 King

And what needs to be changed for the ones that don't? I recall long ago someone pointing out what to change, but it's buried in this thread at this point.

4. SonofaRose

SonofaRose Protektor of Fatherländ

I also would very much like to know the answer to these questions. Many awesome wonders here :)

5. Inawordyes

Inawordyes In a word: Illyria

I actually have used that in the past, but several files are shared or modified by multiple wonders, and at the time not all the wonders were updated correctly, so half of them didn't even show up in the game, and others like Stone Town didn't show up correctly.

6. Nest

Nest Chieftain

*Pokes hibernating thread*

7. TimmyTAR

TimmyTAR Chieftain

I had no idea this kind of mod existed! These look great! Do the Wonders actually show up in the game though just like the Firaxis Wonders? I would love to build the Chartres Cathedral and have it end up off the coast and in the ocean just like any time I build the Pyramids or the Oracle.

8. Monkeyman27

Monkeyman27 Chieftain

These wonders are amazing! I was wondering if I could make a request? If so, The Georgia Guidestones. Built in 1980 Elbert, Georgia, USA with messages written in 12 different languages, 4 of which are dead. This wonder could provide a culture or faith bonus, as many people believe we should follow exactly what the messages say. Now if you want to get extreme you could reasearch each of the messages, and do a Mayan long count scenario, where after a specific amount of time you are presented with one of the messages and they give you a small boost, but that's just me wanting the most extravagant thing ever.

9. manekk

manekk Chieftain

Dear readers of this thread - would you be able to recommend to me 2 wonders per era which:
    - are working with BNW
    - are not bugged, or are easy to fix
    - are not overpowered basing on your actual games
    - have a chance of working in MP with MPMPM (this one not necessary - I can test myself after selecting the mods)

Thanks in advance

10. Burst

Burst Chieftain

I've finished making a Wikia page for More Wonders, see here. Hope it's useful for people wishing to see what's available and discuss balance / the directions of future Wonders.

I'd go with:
    • Ancient: Abu Simbel and Chogha Zanbil
    • Classical: Cairo Citadel and Jiayuguan Fort (or Gate of the Sun)
    • Medieval: Chartres Cathedral and Great Mosque of Aleppo (or Grand Canal)
    • Renaissance: Topkapi Palace and St. Peter's Basilica
    • Industrial: Cologne Cathedral and Sagrada Familia
    • Modern: Darjeeling Himalayan Railway and Pearl Monument (or Panama Canal, which needs "Trade Route" updated to "City Connection")
    • Atomic: London Eye and Millau Viaduct
    • Information: Abraj al Bait Towers and Tokyo Sky Tree

11. manekk

manekk Chieftain

Starting download right now, thanks!

12. Ekmek

Ekmek on steam: ekmek_e

So I tried making a 3D San Marco with a construction and completed model. I modified the mod for St mark's here adding the art. But what it does is make the city disappear. Models not mods are my thing. Can someone check to see if I did something wrong?

Attached Files:

13. irfantheguy

irfantheguy Chieftain

The other packs work well for me, except for the Chinese New Year, Songkran, and Arab Spring. Those packs don't work for my Civ BnW. The wonders just doesn't show up. Can you help me?
    I'm using:
    MacBook Pro 13 inch, Late 2011
    2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
    4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

14. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

How don't they work, do they just not show up or do they cause something to break?

15. irfantheguy

irfantheguy Chieftain

The wonders won't show up. Oh, I also downloaded the packs from this website because I'm not using steam for Civ5.

16. trotty

trotty Cabarettista ghei

we don't like pirates. Ragamuffin.

17. Ragamuffin

Ragamuffin Warlord

You rang?

18. kerrigan1603

kerrigan1603 Prince

its a shame after all these year we still cant get 3d wonders, i wonder what an noob like me could do to help?:(

19. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

Suppose I should let you lot know that I'm not quite done yet, and since photoshop decided to get rid of my quick and easy oil paint filter I've had to try my hand at something else to get the splashes. I'd say it turned out decent though:

20. TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence Grumpy Snufkin

It looks great, does this mean that there are some more wonders coming up soon?