1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

More Wonders

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Mod Components' started by Pouakai, Mar 27, 2011.

1. lelouchcg

lelouchcg Chieftain

I designed this hypothetical pack around creating a mod which disables the standard wonders and replaces them with Pouakai created ones. I tweaked the effects/technologies, which should be a quick fix for a modder as great a Pouakai, as I lack the skill to mod them myself. I wanted to share my thoughts on here. Please check out the attached table with the wonders listed. Tell me if something seems unbalanced. Remember, I made this under the assumption that none of the standard wonders are in the game.

I think that changing all the wonders would be a welcome mod! Check it out and share your thoughts.

Attached Files:

2. seanb1979

seanb1979 Chieftain

amer fort doesn't seem to provide food on hill tiles

3. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

Pan-American Highway

Spanning by some routes from the Arctic Ocean to Tierra del Fuego, the Pan-American Highway is a vast road network spanning Latin and North America. Originally concieved in the years before the outbreak of World War Two, and pioneered by an expedition from Detroit to Cape Horn - the first of its kind in a motor vehicle - a highway along the route was quickly sponsored and developed with aid from the United States and other countries along the route. The highway served numerous functions, acting as a land route to the Panama Canal during wartime and as a venue for the Carrera Panamericana road race during the 1950's. Additionally, the route served to foster cultural and political ties amongst its host states for the period soon after its completion, and was an integral factor in further developing the concept of Panamericanism. Available with Combustion, the Highway decreases the cost of roads and railroads by 25%, and increases tourism in the city by 4.

Subscribe | Screenshots | Download

4. SamuraiOutcast

SamuraiOutcast Grand Duke

Nice Wonder :)

(Also well-balanced!)

5. Gedemo

Gedemo Cacique

May I suggest you to change "<Policy>" in the xml files into "<Policies>", if you want the effect to work.

Happy to see you're back with wonders!

6. ArchangelOfDoom

ArchangelOfDoom Chieftain

Is there a way to get all the wonders that support BNW in a single mod?

7. thunderbird_14

thunderbird_14 Prince

Whoward has some tools (Mod Tools) in his website: picknmixmods.com

8. Sony_

Sony_ Chieftain

(Purged Comment)

9. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

Washington Monument

Located in the heart of the National Mall of Washington, D.C., the Washington Monument is a large stone monument dedicated to president George Washington. At approximately 555 feet (169 metres) it is the world's tallest stone structure and the tallest monumental column, in addition to being the tallest structure of any kind on earth at the time of its construction. Work began on the monument in 1848, but was soon halted due to a myriad of reasons, including financial difficulties, internal power struggles within the organisation behind the monument, and the Civil War. Issues around construction had existed long before this, with the monument having to move from its original location due to unstable ground and a proposed colonnade surrounding the obelisk cancelled before construction. The monument was eventually completed in 1885 and opened to the public soon after, averaging 55,000 visitors per month by 1888. The monument remains a centerpiece of Washington D.C.'s unique architectural heritage and an icon of the city. The Washington Monument boosts Great Person generation across your empire by +25% in addition to causing all monuments to provide an addition +2 Culture, and becomes available at Military Science.

Subscribe | Screenshots | Download

10. Mingel

Mingel Warlord

Oooh, you are alive.

11. dilophosaur

dilophosaur Prince

Thanks for the newest wonder!

12. chrissifniotis

chrissifniotis GoogleCiv 2.0.0 coming...

Really? I'm surprised there's still development for Civ 5 mods now.

13. JNZS13

JNZS13 Warlord

I think if you take a quick look at the download/forum area for Civ 5 you realize that this development has never stopped.