Morrowind old guy

globaooba

The Wolpertinger
I was just playing Morrowind and I was wandering around the northern ashland region and there was this old guy in what seemed to be a skirt? (lol) hiding behind a tall rock. He then attacked me and was using some pretty powerful magic. Oh and I also got a disease from him. Now my intellegence is at 0 :(

So my question: has anyone else seen him? what is his name so i can look him up on the TES Wiki. TThx for the help :)

Didn't you check the corpse for a name?

If I ever did run into him, I've long since forgotten sorry :(

Naah I couldn't kill him :( he was using this spell that drained about 1/3 of my health over and over an I ran out of potions. so first time he killed me and the second time I had to run away.

I killed him! Except this time it only took 2 hits. I found out it is an ash slave. Here is the info from the TES Wiki:
Ash Slave

A deranged humanoid creature created by the dark magic of Dagoth Ur. Approach with caution, as they will often use ranged destruction spells against you.
Their dialogue is oddly furniture-related:
"The chairs. The tables. All confused. We hear the words, and must speak them. We take them, and arrange them, but still, they will not be quiet.", and
"Everything is wrong. This is not straight. This is too high. This is in my way. We must put them right."
are their two possible greetings.

One thing I really liked about Morrowind, if you ever got to an area you really shouldn't be in(IE to low level) you would find out really quickly :lol:

Pffft, thats what the console, some item in my inventory of 1 minute lag to open, and 100,000 strength were for.

Played and loved the bloody hell out of that game. And modded it to hell too (took a few minutes to get through all the conflict this and missing that prompts when loading a game).

I remember when I picked up the scrolls that made you jump really far near the start of the game the first time I played. I used them to jump in some random direction and landed in a forrest somewhere right in front of an enormous monster that killed me in two hits.

Ah, Morrowind, I'll never forget the trollings you dished out.

I really loved this game, but dang, being a wizard was just annoying. Yay I'm casting three firebolts and I have no mana anymore... I played my first game with the intention to be a wizard and of course, since killing stuff with axes and strength and a huge armor is much safer and quicker and reliable at the beginning, in the end I turned out to be a huge warrior with some utility spells (levitation, door unlock, etc.).

I really loved this game, but dang, being a wizard was just annoying.

In my first game, I started as a wizard, Then I found out that continuous running and jumping increased my level. Then I spend two hours running and jumping on the spot. Then I spent the rest of this character's life dying against enemies which had been adjusted to my higher level, while my character didn't have a single fighting skill that would have been appropriate for such a level.

With my next game, I tried to enjoy the game instead of gaming the system. That was when the fun started. I've played it for years, and i keep returning to it from time to time. With several thousand mods released for it, there's still stuff I haven't seen yet and want to try sometime.

With my next game, I tried to enjoy the game instead of gaming the system. That was when the fun started. I've played it for years, and i keep returning to it from time to time. With several thousand mods released for it, there's still stuff I haven't seen yet and want to try sometime.

Oh yeah I agree, Morrowind remains one of the games that has marked my gaming life. It was just so dang beautiful to have this vivid setting to explore. The setting was so much better than Oblivion's, for some reason. That island had a lot more character than the bland same-old-medieval thing from Oblivion.

I love Morrowind. It's still my second-ever favourite game, though I've logged far more hours on it than on my most favoured game Planescape: Torment.

I first got Morrowind in Poland, at a random used games store. I barely spoke any Polish at the time, so I barely understood a word. I wandered around for a few hours with a sword I found from a guy who fell out of the sky and a full set of iron armor, not realizing my skills were thief- and magic- oriented. Then I got the game in English, and was amazed by the sheer enormity of the world. My only problem is never being able to play as one character for more than an hour.

My disc won't install any more :( Might have to buy another copy anyway!

Just remembered. I never actually finnished the game. I can't remember excatly how far in I got but it was pretty close to the end

I've never finished the game on my PC, despite having several developed characters, though I've done it a couple of times on the Xbox. I've only ever played Tribunal/Bloodmoon on the Xbox, despite having them installed on the PC. :p

Did the old man happen to be welding...

... a FORK?!

Never finished the game.. played untold hours however...

Top Bottom