• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Most Important SE Asian Civ?

Most Important SE Asian Civ?

• Khmers

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Siam/Thailand

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • Vietnam

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • Burma/Myanmar

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Laos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Phillipines

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Indonesia/Srivjaya

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Malacca

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Malaysia

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • No SE Asian civs were important.

Votes: 8 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
still, for some reason, no offense if any of you actually are, but from what i've seen, Vietnamese women can be very very very... aggressive.

Anyway, if China is the big brother, Vietnam the little sister, Korea the brother, Japan the alienated teenager, and Mongolia the bulldog, would that make:

France the boyfriend who's trying to go out (conquer) with the sister (Vietnam)???
Korea schizophrenic???

no,no, France, England, etc. etc. are the other clique in the school who just happen to take advantage of the poor little Asian clique. and Vietnam was acting pretty passive when France was hitting on her, but then she just beat him quite ruthlessly and his friend the heavily muscled America. :)

France the boyfriend who's trying to go out (conquer) with the sister (Vietnam)???

That would make Britian the Greedy Sister that goes "If he gets one, I want one two." Then started dating Burma (British afraid of French presence in Indo-China) before adding him to her list of Boyfriends (Egypt, America, Canada, India)

Yeah! Go heavily-muscled America!

...who knocked-up Iraq after a foursome with Britian and Poland

Vietnam, metaphorically or not, is very touchy about its... er... space/purity, i'll put it at that. after China gave us military practice for centuries, do you think anything else coming our way would seem like a serious threat? no, no, definitely not. :)

that depends. I guess Hanoi first, because its the oldest, and a lot of old stuff is around there... it had many other previous names when it was capital under various regimes, Thang Long being one of the names.

Hue would come second, i suppose, because it was the last pre-communist capital, and it has the Vietnamese equivilent of the forbidden city.

Saigon would come last, because its not that old compared to the other cities, by that "South Vietnam" as we know it is actually a very recent addition to Vietnamese territory, being only about five centuries or so under our domination (see the history of Champa for more).

1. Khmer
2. Siam
3. Srivijaya
4. Vietnam

That's what I'd say. I did vote Srivijaya though...

It is? I always thought that "AD" is the one with the christian connotation whereas "CE" is more secular.

The interpretation of "CE" as "Christian Era" instead of "Common Era" is some christian who refuse to let the numbering of years be truly "shared".

CE means Common Era, but lots of people think of it as Christian Era. So, oh well. Why don't we use the calendar they used to use in Vietnam, the Chinese calendar, eh? Its about c. 5500 years on that.

It is? I always thought that "AD" is the one with the christian connotation whereas "CE" is more secular.

The interpretation of "CE" as "Christian Era" instead of "Common Era" is some christian who refuse to let the numbering of years be truly "shared".

With all due respect, I disagree. CE is denying that Christ was even born! At least say that he existed. Is that too much to ask?

I acknowldege that before I had put inaporppriate language and I have deleted it. I am sorry for all those offended.

Moderator Action: Warned for language. Be nice. - KD
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Top Bottom