Most Meh Events

Chariot Combat I promotion just before economical crackdown and STRIKE. I know, shouldn't happen, but some events (bot vassalization wars) made me make a whole 800-years war, which i, eh, lost.

I got the Chariot Combat one, myself. However, when I train units, I instinctively promote them with something (usually Combat I). So... all those chariots there really didn't get much of a bonus. Not the most meh, but pretty irritating.

'Air line crashes in your neighbour's territory' is mostly pointless. and So are things like sale of computers and stain glass objects in your capital cities. They only add a small amount of gold in your treasury...mostly not worth it.

The gold mine event is so boring. "Cash in! We're rich rich rich!". Yeah. 100 gold at most?
That won't even pay for a Warrior thank you very much. Just add it to the pile I guess.

Mining disasters can be meh but they seem to happen dispropotiately much on precious recourse tiles.

In a recent game, I had only one silver mine, and there were three disasters destroying it. Since I had very few other happiness resources, it was indeed fortunate that I now always make a point of having some ready cash in case something happens.

I now refer to these as the Random Event Tax, as it seems that every 20 or so turns something breaks (revolt, road, mine collapse) that means I have to fork out from the treasury.

A minor inconvenience, but the idea is good. I'm just hoping someone will bring out a REAL random events patch that can actually influence the game.

The really good ones can influence the game, look at the best random event thread (Free Golden Age, Free Great Person), the really bad ones can even kind of hurt, look at the worst ones. But for a lot of them your turm RET fits perfectly.

the slave revolt one is nice if you are at war with the person who is having the slave revolt. It knocks their culture to zero for a turn. As far as lame, I wuild second the road being washed away.

I've had two extra food on a sea tile that was not workable by the nearest coastal cities.

Utter bollocks.

I've had two extra food on a sea tile that was not workable by the nearest coastal cities.

Utter bollocks.

I've had junk like that too, like extra parrots in a jungle square. Er, it's jungle, I'm chopping it and putting a real improvement there. But some can be nice, like investigating a depression with glass beads around it; it was an expensive event, but it gave me a uranium resource and mine, in addition to the forest previously there. Great tile.

Just got a forest growing on a wheat field. As you'll see from the image, my workers were busy building a fort there when it happened.

Attachments

• ForestOnWheat.JPG
    ForestOnWheat.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 120
The "build X buildings" quests always seem to come after all the land is taken, and have requirements that are JUST out of reach (I never have enough cities).

I got the master blacksmith event when I finally built a forge in my capital at about 1850 +1 gold, meh. Later on though it sold heaps of plows for 104 gold also pretty meh.
Otherwise I think the library quest, unless you have the Great Library it pretty useless, don't you have to spend ~100 gold to get 1 beaker per turn?

One time I got Free Drill III for all Carriers and Range I for all fighters, within a few turns of each others. Woohoo! Right?

Well, my army was already on to building Bombers and Destroyers, making Aircraft Carriers obsolete, not that they weren't to begin with. :rolleyes:

One time I got Free Drill III for all Carriers and Range I for all fighters, within a few turns of each others. Woohoo! Right?

Well, my army was already on to building Bombers and Destroyers, making Aircraft Carriers obsolete, not that they weren't to begin with. :rolleyes:

Hey don't knock the carrier I've made use for them in a least one of my 100+ games.
In BTS the AI uses them pretty well as I found out, Mehmed had 5 carrier groups with 3 destroyers 1 carrier and 3 fighters in each. It was a sight to behold.

Build X buldings can be awsome, esp if its forge or library, just because I usually have enough to get the bonus for doing nothin.

How on earth can you support all those cities without suffering a huge economic crash?

Once I lost my Library and my Rathaus (was playin HRE) is the same city in 1 turn. Didnt really matter since it was a runaway game experimenting with REX expansion with the HRE.

I've gotten the build 12 Chariots event on a continent with no horses.

I wonder if you can get the Blessed Sea on a Pangaea map?

Top Bottom