• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Most underrated/obscure/criminally overlooked band you can imagine...

Gentle Giant

thetrooper said:
You mean Count Grishnackh...

:lol:

Re: Covenant, they are indeed underrated.

all hail count grishnackh!!

Ressurecting this thread to counter the overrrated thread!

I find The Kinks to be rather obscure to people these days, along with Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass. They were big names in their day, but no one knows who they are now! As I recall, the Tijuana Brass consistently beat out every Beatles album that was released at the same time as one of theirs.

TV on the Radio. They haven't recieved much press beyond spectacular reviews and being at the top of end of the year lists for their recent album, but they totally deserve more attention.

The Veils
tren char

Is A Perfect Circle obscure enough? They are easily in my top 5 favorite bands of all time, even though they weren't around for that long and were kind of a pet project. Mer de Noms and Thirteenth Step are incredible albums.

Dazy Head Mazy is a Southern Minnesota (I think) local pop band. I have listen to them on live performances on a couple of pubs and I quite like them. They are not awesome, they are just good but quite obscure. Not criminally overloked, though.

Koyaanisqatsy. IMO it's more criminally unknown than any other band I've heard of, by several orders of magnitude. If you at all like progressive rock or classical, please, do yourself a favor and listen to this.

The Mars Volta

...at least in my area

My vote goes to Pain of Salvatiom.

Great swedish metal band, went to see them live a month ago with 200 other people.

Top Bottom