Mounted versions of units (06/04/06)

I was wondering - I'd like to use one mounted native unit for my Sioux UU (replacing the one I have) and one for the NiMiiPu UU.

Is there anything I can do to make them a bit different graphically? (i.e. add a full headress?)

Second, I'd like to replace the horse for one of them with a painted Appaloosa, if that's okay. (hmmm..maybe I just answered my first question).

Updated the first post with four more units.

Wyz_sub10 said:
I was wondering - I'd like to use one mounted native unit for my Sioux UU (replacing the one I have) and one for the NiMiiPu UU.

Is there anything I can do to make them a bit different graphically? (i.e. add a full headress?)

Second, I'd like to replace the horse for one of them with a painted Appaloosa, if that's okay. (hmmm..maybe I just answered my first question).
Feel free to use the units in any way that you wish. :)

White Rabbit

I know that you have said that you are most likely done with this series, but I am hoping that you might be able to squeeze one more in.

I am trying to add a civ II style Dragoon to my game and was thinking that a mounted grenadier using his sabre for all attacks might be a good facsimile.

Cheers,
Doug

Rabbit said:
Updated the first post with four more units.
Rabbit, as always, great work! :goodjob:

The mounted swordsman unit will be useful for my mod, Thank you ^_^.

Rabbit, what about putting the redcoat on a horse so we can have English Dragoons and maybe change out the redcoat's rifle for a sword?

Here are some examples:

Alaskan already did that redcoat on horse in his napoleonic era units thread somewhere ;)

EDIT: here :p

Thanks seZereth

Nah, don't worry about it. Especially now that Pleop raised the bar on leader units by releasing his Bismarck unit.

I've dowloaded the file, but how do I get it to run? It doesn't have the standard files that I can just place into a mod directory.

I've dowloaded the file, but how do I get it to run? It doesn't have the standard files that I can just place into a mod directory.
Well, it will not work since the XML moved up a level.

Spoiler :

The ones that use spears, use the Persian Immortal animations, so make sure to point to the appropriate KFM file. The other ones use the Companion Cavalry animations, the Companion Cavalry is found in the Units/Scenarios folder.

I've tried the maceman and the mounted scout (the second and the last pictures in the spoiler), but I can't find the animation file.
Where can I find the Companion Cavalry? There's no such a directory in my CIV4 installation folder. Shall I download some addin?

Thanks!

I've tried the maceman and the mounted scout (the second and the last pictures in the spoiler), but I can't find the animation file.
Where can I find the Companion Cavalry? There's no such a directory in my CIV4 installation folder. Shall I download some addin?

Thanks!

Try finding it in the 'units/scenario' folder.

Top Bottom