• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

MP Game - RewriteHistory - 18civ EARTH map historical start position

Thanks Whiplash and BLWW! I have played my turn.

Thanks for your understanding, if you have not played much pitboss it may seem a lot of fuss about nothing, especially as I doubt I can save that city you took, but double moves can be real game breakers in the right situation and it did hurt me here.

I will be going first in the war from now on. I'll take my turns in the first 10 hours (or is it just 8 on a 20 hour clock?) if I possibly can. Otherwise just play your turn if I am slower than that.

I can host temporarily until a permanent host can be found.

@Ronnie:
I got "Connection to Pitboss server lost" as I was making my turn, and I am afraid I did not make turn with only one unit but it was an important one. If it is possible to prolongate the time for this turn, please do it. If not, or if every player must replay his turn, forget it.

My hosting option REQUIRES hamachi....

If you are not familiar....just google it and follow the instructions.

When you get to the stage that asks you to join/create networks....

Here are the details....

The server network ID = R1EarthGame

The server password = same as game

Nothing else should have changed.

Just copy the IP server address given by hamachi into the "Direct IP" connect window.

The game is paused to let BLWW play....But I believe there is actually a diplo screen open for blww, so that wont work.

@BLWW...you are going to have to have someone unpause the game so you can continue. Anyone not stopped by a diplo screen can do it for you.

I only got 1 save file to work with...so this is the best I can do.

Sorry, I did not understand. What is this diplo screen ?
Someone has to log in and log out for me or finish the turn I did not finish yet?

I am afraid the file you got from whiplash does not contain the last moves I made. How is it possible for me to finish my turn? It is rather important since I just started a war, and every move can be critical when you are in war, you know.

I installed Hamachi and was able to connect. However I found myself in the diplomacy screen and cannot even exit it. Is it the problem you mentioned ?
Please tell me once more: has someone else log in and it will be enough, or has he do something ?

Were you able to log in???

Or were you frozen out by the diplo screen?

If you were able to log in, just unpause the game and play your turn.

Can you PM me some contact info for email or Instant messaging so we can try to get it worked out more efficiently.

I will unpause it now....you need to be quick, there are only 42 minutes on the timer.

Anyone know of a sub for this game? I really don't want to have to deal with hamachi every time I want to play a turn.

What is wrong with hamachi? It is just a single shortcut on your desktop. And it fixes lots of firewall issues as well.

But I'm sure you will be able to find a replacement if needed.

I believe it was set at creation....I had to use it just to load the save file.

What is wrong with hamachi? It is just a single shortcut on your desktop. And it fixes lots of firewall issues as well.

But I'm sure you will be able to find a replacement if needed.

It's another download on multiple machines just to log in and connect to a game for 5 minutes a day. It's a second login that isn't really necessary. Plenty of games run without it. AND, this is a temporary hosting option until a permanent one is found. No offense to you, but it's just another thing I'd rather not deal with especially when time is already at a premium for me.

It's another download on multiple machines just to log in and connect to a game for 5 minutes a day. It's a second login that isn't really necessary. Plenty of games run without it. AND, this is a temporary hosting option until a permanent one is found. No offense to you, but it's just another thing I'd rather not deal with especially when time is already at a premium for me.

I actually found out I can probably host this to the end....:D

"It's a second login that isn't really necessary"...1 second to double click a desktop shortcut!

I'm not sure what you mean by "It's another download on multiple machines", I used a thumb drive to get it on the 3 machines I use regularly, it is a very small file actually.

I just don't have a lot of expertise in networking, and hamachi eliminated all the headaches for the stuff I couldn't figure out. I'm sorry this is a problem for you, if you could help me figure out how to host it WITHOUT hamachi, I'd surely listen.

If you want me to kick you to AI so someone else can take over, just let me know!

I think Russia is best to be kicked on AI, almost 2 weeks and no sign of Karayanev. The guy (Zeitkugel) who took the helm of unlucky Rome earlier might be interested for another go and sub for him.

Top Bottom